Transformers Game

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by mattjy, Aug 4, 2007.

1. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

I've never really been into games, mainly because when I've to play them on freind's consoles I haven't a clue what's going on or how to control anything! Anyway, I;ve bought theTransformers game for my PC, and asside from my incompetence with a game pad, I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what i'm meant to be doing in one part.

I've started playing the Decepticon campaign (I've spent hours trying to stop the drones getting to the car lot in the autbot games but I can never catch them cos I'm so crap at getting bumblebee to follow the road!) and got as far as Blackout looking for the data. The problem is even though the aim is to first destroy the buildings I don;t seem able to lock a target on any of them. and once i have destroyed them I can't see the data that has to be downloaded, and even if i did I have no idea how to get it to download into Blackout!

I'm sure this is all obvious to those of you who play games regularly, so put a poor novice out of his misery!

2. Hi Q

Hi Q I don't want a user title

News Credits:
    From memory:
    There's no actual need to lock onto anything to fire at it, just makes it easier with moving targets. Just fire at the buildings. Alternatively, just smash them, it's faster. One of each set of building will hold data, in the form of a closed serverrack or something like that. It should be fairly obvious, it's glowing green. To download the data, just pick it up, then throw it away after downloading.

3. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

cheers. i thought there was one in each building. that's what confused me!

so i've done that part, but due to my lack of control with the joy pad I'm having trouble shooting down any jets in the next part. i have managed to lock onto a couple of jets, though that's hard enough, but as soon as I lock onto them they move away form the target! how do i get it to keep on them? I feel like i need four hands and two pairs of eyes!

4. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    There should be a button which allows you to lock on more securely (think Z-targetting from Zelda) Then stay behind the jets and fire missiles :)  They should home onto them and Boooom!

5. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

Never played Zelda lol Well there is a button assigned to lock onto a target, but as soon as i press it the jets move away. mind you, could just be me not being fast enough. It's hit or miss if I lock onto one of the Decepticon drones when Bumblebee's trying to stop them getting to the car lot. And even then while i;m busy fighting one of them another will get there anyway! lol

6. Hi Q

News Credits:
    Getting down the jets took me a week or two. I don't have a gamepad though, I use keyboard and mouse, with some adjusted control settings since I use my left hand for the mouse (I'm right-handed though).
    It's been said in another thread, lock onto a jet, and use the secondary weapon, they won't survive that long.
    The hard part for me too was to actually control the helicopter.

7. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

I started using the keyboard and mouse but thought a game pad might make it easier. Apparently not lol

Did it really take you that long? No wonder people spend hours at a time playing games

8. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's a heads up on the BB drone chasing scene: If you at least catch up with one, hit them by making them transform. If they do then they will want to fight you and not get to the car lot. So, don't fight them at first. Make one transform by shooting at it, then find the next, and repeat until they have all been attacked, then it should be easy just to kill them without chasing them.

9. Hi Q

News Credits:
    It also helps not to chase them but take the direct route to the car lot and wait for them to arrive, then hit them.

10. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

Yeah that's what resorted to, but though I've managed to stop the first two a few times, the second lot all arrive together and by the time i;ve got one to transform at least one of the others has gone past me to the parking lot

11. Hi Q

News Credits:
    I don't remember, do they also transform when you use your firearms? If so, this is one occasion where they do come in handy. Stand ready at the car lot, looking in the direction where the drones will come from. You should know what that is by now. Shoot them as soon as they are in sight and there's time to get them all before they pass by.

12. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

well thanks guys. i've managed to complete level one of the Autobot campaign! :) 

I'm now stuck on what I have to do as Jazz. He's a lot easier to drive (!) but once you get to the place marked by red (the car lot) am i right in thinking you just have to smash it up? or is there something else?

13. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

You have to blow up the target in red on the map, then drive to the yellow points again

14. mattjy

mattjy Homobot

so for example the first red target is the car lot?

15. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Yeah, then there are 2(?) more targets, then a few yellow points, then repeat

16. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've had the same problem about catching up to the swindles before they get to the car lot. Im no good at driving games lol. I have trhe same prob with scorponok catching up the the communication vehicles. I cant seem to be able to save the game either and end up starting from the beginning again every time after I've quit. Do you have to get to a certain point in the game before it saves? I much prefer the 2004 game, been playing that again instead!

17. Hi Q

News Credits:
    The game is saved after every mission, but not during them. Or chapter. I keep mixing up what is called chapter and what is called mission. Each of the 4 whatever they're calleds in the larger whatever they're calleds. Also after sub-missions.

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    try googling up 'transformers the game walkthrough'.

i got past brawl with spinner guy and charger guy! woo!