Transformers Galaxy teases another 3rd Party Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Broken Forge, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Broken Forge

Broken Forge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    I haven't found a thread on this and I'm only aware of previously discussed Hegemon and one other 3rd party Megs, and Transformers galaxy on Facebook is now teasing another:

Wall Photos | Facebook

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yet another Third Party G1 Megatron figure?

I'm sorry but that's getting to be an overkill.

If they do a Third Party figure of the IDW Shadowblade Megatron however...:D 

3. skiss

skiss Crash and Burn

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll wait to see robot mode b4 I say its inferior to hegemon lol

4. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

5. ae_productions

ae_productions G1 Fan

We have 3 third party Megatrons in the works! I love having this debacle. Now, which one do I choose from...

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hate feeling annoyed by a variety of options, especially if the first released version isn't of great quality......but even so I still wish that third party companies could somehow coordinate enough that we would not end up with 2-3 (or more) different releases of the same character or take on the that character. Do it right the first time and move on to the next idea. At the very least, wait until after that initial release comes out and see if it's received poorly or not; if it doesn't go over well, go for it and and go forward with your own take.

Unlike Hercules vs Giant, I wouldn't expect much difference in scale for these Megatrons, meaning I wouldn't expect much difference in price either.....so yeah. If this one looks great in 'bot mode then cool, but it still feels excessive on some level.

7. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Meh. I'm all in for Hegemon. But damn, these groups really need to start thinking outside the box when making figures. Everyone wants to do a combiner, so they jump on Devastator. Same thing for Hound and now Megatron.

Where's my 3rd Party Monsterbots?

8. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Another one? Really? This is getting to be overkill here...

9. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    I don't mind this at all. The idea that only one company should do their take on a given character is ludicrous and there's plenty of demand for Megatron. Hope it turns out good, I've already pretty much decided to pass on Hegemon.

I definitely think there's plenty of valid scales for megatron to be in. The most popular G1ish Prime is probably Voyager Prime, and that is covered both by Classics/Henkei/United Megatron and Hegemon. That leaves MP-04/MP-04, PP-01, Deluxe Classics Prime, Hybrid Style Prime and MP-10.

That's five different Primes that have a pretty universally hated Megatron or no Megatron at all. I doubt there will be a new Huge Megatron for MP-01, but enough people vehemently hate MP-05 that it's not an impossibility.

More likely: You could definitely make one that was scaled between Deluxe Prime and THS prime and market to both groups. Alternately you could make a megs smack between PP-01 and MP-10 and grab two groups there.

Yes, a new MP Megatron is supposedly in the works, but given that Sideswipe was just announced for a November release by Takara, that puts us a good year away from a time frame in which MP Megs would be announced if he's the next one, which is not at all guaranteed. Then add several more months before he was released and several more on top of that before a hasbro release. That's plenty of time.

Similarly, iGear's said they're still working on Horror Monarch for PP-01, but we've seen absolutely nothing. At the speed iGear works, there's plenty of time for someone to swoop in and eat their lunch.

So in short, there's plenty of people out there yearning for either a smaller or larger Megatron. I know some people will roll their eyes and say "Hegemon is good enough." You have to realize that just because you don't need a different sized Megatron doesn't mean those people don't exist. Not every single toy has to appeal to you, that doesn't mean there isn't still money to be made.

10. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I really wish these 3P company would start marching to the beat of a different drum.

11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Was talking to General Tekno on twitter about this. Might be iGear's.

12. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that "best case scenerio", all three 3rd party Megs will be slightly different heights.

Lots of people have been drooling over Hegemon, but it seems that many also don't like that it isn't exactly "sized" (height-wise) to any specific Optimus.

So since it looks like we are getting three 3rd party Megs, hopefully each one is a different height, matched up to a different Optimus. MP-10, Henkei/Classics and, I don't know, MT Battle Tanker? :peoples: 

13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    Oh, that would be cool. I hope they changed the design from MP-05. No mi gusta.

Hybrid Style!
    Battle Tanker demands a Voyager or better yet Ultra class Tank Megatron!

14. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    MP-10 is Leader-sized and would probably be quite expensive; plus with the thought that Takara will eventually tackle a new, downsized MP Megs to go with MP-10, I don't know if this would appeal to any group outside of iGear with their Horror Monarch or whatever it's called.

The Classics Voyager is probably the optimal comparison in terms of scale (and price).

I don't think the Battle Tanker version would work for a G1 Megs; a new G2 Megs would serve as a better compliment.

I guess the Classics Deluxe, as the third different scale toy pair with?

15. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Good....good.... the more we get he cheaper they will be eventually.

16. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    Okay - another Megatron, what about Shockwave? C'mon 3rd party folks, get it done already!!!

17. OptimusTimelord

OptimusTimelord Masterpiece Reanimator

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Nice looking gun mode (better than Hegemon) but without knowing the scale or seeing the bot mode it's impossible to judge this at all. Hope it's an Igear Megs to go against Faith Leader, but with TT's MP Megs coming that will be four G1 Megatrons within a year or so. C'mon, let's see a G2 Megatron for a change, or a Shockwave or something.

18. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    this looks a lot like a downsized masterpiece megatron.

19. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    The thing that worries me is that our hopes of getting a Classics Megatron are in the hands of three companies we've never heard of. The protos all look great but so did Mastermind Creation's first run Knight Morpher and that was a big bowl of suck as far as QC goes.

20. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    When it rains it pours I guess. Good luck to all the third partys and may the best Megatron win.