2D Artwork: Transformers G3 - Autobots

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Neo Tallgeese, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Neo Tallgeese

Neo Tallgeese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In 2005 I decided to come up with my own "Alernate Universe" continuation for Transformers. The basic rundown is that Cybertron ultimately is in such grave danger that it must scan a near by planet (like the Transformers do) inorder to survive. The planet scanned of course is Earth. I've been working on it off and on for the last several years. I think I'm finally in a place where I can start taking time out for it. Here you'll see some of the Autobots from the series. Introducing the Battlebots:

Warcry - No nonsense team commander. Expert battle tactition and warrior.

Blastank - Seasoned war veteran. Fighting since before the great war.

Thunderbolt - Twin lighting cannons leaving enemies nothing but scrap.

Boom - Great bravado, dedication...and one huge cannon!

Arsenal - Weapons expert who considers battle a recreaction

Battlestar - "Either fight with me, or fall against me." Peerless Autobot super warrior.

I originally created the Reptilicons first In G1 the opposing combiner teams seemed to have opposite motifs (planes vs cars, military vehicles vs medical, bestial vs high tech) so I tried to go the opposite of a team that specialized in animal modes that would rip and tear their opponents to shreads with a team of Autobots that specialized in long range weaponary. Just like I based Tyranicron off of Epyon, I decided to use its opposite to influence their combined form, Wing Gundam Zero. You'll notice Boom looks very much like Smokescreen from Armada. That's because I used to play around with an "arm" mode with my Armada figure and when I designed this team, I decided to use that mode for him.

Attached Files:

2. BLOODRAGED189

BLOODRAGED189 Getting a job to buy TFs.

News Credits:
    Same thing here with Boom's alt mode practically being Armada Smokescreen. The other designs are a lot more interesting though. Combined mode is boss.