Transformers G1 Season 3 Music

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Slone1993, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Slone1993

Slone1993 Well-Known Member

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I think you posted links to music on YouTube.

3. Slone1993

well yea these are season 3 musics from transformers g1 but they are on youtube.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I always liked the music of season 3. It fit the more futuristic tone of the series.

5. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

Man, some of these tracks are just so awesome. It's nice to hear the source of some of my own writing all in one place. All of the music in G1 Transformers is worth listening to IMO. Wish there was a CD released with these tracks in good quality.

6. UltraMagnus3786

7. Slone1993

to be honest idk either i cannot remember when it was played either.

8. Slone1993

Has anyone ever noticed for the first part of the 3rd season they did not play any season 3 music from ffod to starscreams ghost atleast i have noticed that.

9. UltraMagnus3786

Hmnn well I think there may be a small exception. There's some new music in "The Killing Jar." I'm pretty sure that comes before Starscream's Ghost.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    "Battle in Space" is about as definitive as "Autobot/Decepticon Battle" by Vince DiCola in my eyes. I think that's because one is riding the coat tails of the other. Regardless, I've still always really liked it. Also:

I totally agree here.

11. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I want just for the season 3 music a Soundtrack to be released. This music is so inspirational and great!

12. Slone1993

i like the season 3 theme song it was awesome

13. Ultra Lagmus

Ultra Lagmus Well-Known Member

If you uploaded these tracks, much thanks! Some tv shows had great music and finding OSTs of their music is hard. There's another cartoon I hoped to find OSTs from but couldn't; I forget the show. Separately, I had a hard time finding some of the music from the Avatar series finale, Sozin's Comet (whatever tracks are listed on its album exclude some of the best tracks from the episodes), which had some good music to it.

Season 3 music was amazing! It really enhanced the mood of the season and had more style to it. Season 1/2 sounded a bit more canned (Attack!, Battle). Worked fine for the series, but lacked the wow affect (Attack! has nice use of the brass trumpets and the, what is that, a xylophone?). Season 3 could have been used as video game music through the PSX/N64/Saturn era and be considered pretty good/not out of date (though some of the sounds are signature '80s sounds, and Turning the Tide is the most 'dated'). Season 1/2 and Season 3 do sound like they're 20 years apart, almost as stark a contrast between '40s music and '60s music (contrast Glenn Miller and the Rolling Stones). Battle in Space made the battles feel more important, not necessarily epic, but in a sort of behind the trenches under fire with a chance of getting wiped out sense. It sounds like the music that would cover a commander calling for reinforcements from a base. The Sweeps is the 'weaker' battle track yet sounds like the Decepticons have the upper hand (funny, they get their own track, yet can't get their own voices). Tracks like Ancient Wisdom, Ratbat Theme, Investigation, Inner Workings have a lot of style or feel to them. You want music to grab you, make you feel something. Watching Season 3 again in 1994/95 or so after not seeing it since the original run, the music helped give me goosebumps and watch with greater attentiveness. What it lacked in animation at times it made up for with great atmosphere, great music, and interesting characters & stories.

Trypticon is the weakest track (and 'Til Death was a weak show that only lasted as long as it did because Sony bribed Fox to air it). Danger is kind of a short interim track. Trial and Error has some style but doesn't really stand out too much. Who made the music for Season 3 and what else did they do?

Listening to Season 1/2's soundtrack via Youtube, Attack! is one of the better tracks, Grand Entrance (2nd half) is not bad but not great, Factories are Busy actually does convey a feel of robots in disguise, some kind of espionage or lurking around. Many Millions of Years Ago, Grand Entrance (1st half) are good mood tracks for implying a dangerous mystery or something creepy, Evil Decepticons and Peaceful Autobots is just establishment music (fine, better than silence). Overall it's ok, but it doesn't stand out, hit you or grab you like Season 3 does. It sounds very inspired from movies from the '70s and early '80s. Interestingly, some of the sounds, instruments, or segments remind me of Metroid music and Planet Earth (anyone remember that series?). It's also noticeably slower in pace, almost leisurely compared to Season 3. For battles, you don't want "leisurely".

• Like Like x 1
  14. Slone1993

agreed ever notice they never played any seaon 3 music in ffod?

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Now all I need are some clean effects noises. Lasers, robots walking, metal clanking around, etc.

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I never liked the "Omp pah omp pah, ompumpah pah um um omp pah" portion of the theme, but otherwise, yeah.

17. Jhaynes

Jhaynes Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where these instrumentals came from? Some are taped from episodes and cut together, but others are clean full versions. As far as I know the tracks havnt been put out on a cd.
    Thanks

18. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

I'm convinced whoever did the season 3 into/end credits version of the song was a Sisters Of Mercy fan.

19. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

I love the S3 music!

Battle in space is my fav of all those tracks!