Transformers G1 DVds release dates?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ush67, Mar 14, 2007.

1. ush67

ush67 Well-Known Member

anyone know the release dates for the dvds? I heard season 1 and part of season 2 when the the movie is released, the rest when the movie comes out on dvd. Are they releasing all the Beast Wars again on dvd to?

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This does not belong in the news section.

3. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

That's seems to be about the only thing we know as well. As for BW, no clue.

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    No. Rhino still has the rights to that one, as far as I know. There's no real reason for that one to be reissued, even to tie-in with movie hype. Granted, they could've done more in the way of bonus features, but the picture and sound quality are already excellent so there's no need for them to be remastered either.

I just don't see there would even be enough interest from fans to double-dip if it got a new release. If they did re-release it, it would have to have a lot more bonus features for me to even consider it, and even then I might just keep my set and rent the new release through Netflix.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding it--Rhino still sells it through their site:

http://www.rhino.com/transformers/beastwars.lasso

But I bought all mine pre-owned between MovieStop and CD Warehouse for less than half the cost of retail. I still see them available at both these retailers, and I shop there regularly.