Transformers G1 Animation on DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hello there. I'm interested in purchasing a brand new MIB Transformers G1 cartoon series. Question is, I've seen several listed on ebay some from USA, and some International sellers. I've seen some in plain cardboard packaging, some with nice graphics, and some that look like their in an aluminum can.
    Which is the best set to get and where is the best place to get it? I've only got $70 to spend on the set. I'd like the box to look good with my G1 toy collection, but I also want to make sure I'm getting ALL of the episodes to watch. Are there any special sets that contain the original 1980's movie with Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron?

I'm very interested in obtaining these DVD's. I've already got the two most recent Transformers live action movies on DVD and would like to include these in the collection as well. Please help me out with my purchase. Thank you!

2. abe_sapien

abe_sapien Well-Known Member

You can get the newly re-released Season 1, Season 2 Part 1, and Season 2 Part 2 on amazon.com for a total of around $55 (free shipping). Then in a couple of months Season 3 and 4 will be released together for around $25 on amazon.com

3. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

id go with the matrix of leadership ed u get the full series 2 magnuts and a book for like 79 i think even thu it dont have the movie with em the china sets have all of em plus the movie in some of there sets but like i said the quility is better on the shout factory sets plus u cant go wrong with a box that looks and opens like the matrix and get the sony 20th

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

What I'm most interested in is having the complete 4 season series in the highest quality possible. The movie I can purchase separately if needed.

5. abe_sapien

abe_sapien Well-Known Member

The quality of the current releases is as good as it gets.