Minor/Repaint: Transformers/G.I. Joe Crossover Snake Eyes

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Massdestruction, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Massdestruction

Massdestruction Instrument of Destruction

This is my Transformers/G.I. Joe Crossover Snake-Eyes.

Snake-Eyes is made using Hunt for the Decepticons Terradive. I felt that Terradive's robot mode had great articulation which would be perfect for a ninja and the jet mode bears a resemblance to the G.I Joe Conquest X-30.

Modifications were minimal, though trimming to prevent paint wear was substantial. I trimmed the nosecone stabilizer wings and removed the "cage" from the bottom of the nosecone (both of which were needed for the modified transformation).

The most important modification was the head. It was molded using epoxy putty. The head was molded and sculpted from a Generations Warpath. The visor was molded and sculpted from the mouthguard of a Generations Wheeljack.

The gun (iirc) was created using a Zoid gun. The sword is scratchbuilt. It was hand carved from a translucent blue party beverage stirrer.

Paints used were Testors. Colors used were flat black, a custom gun metal gray, a custom light blue metallic and gold. I used Krylon Matte Finish Gloss to protect the paint and flatten the colors.

Snake Eyes robot 001.JPG Snake Eyes robot 009.JPG Snake Eyes robot 002.JPG Snake Eyes robot 003.JPG Snake Eyes robot 004.JPG Snake Eyes robot 005.JPG Snake Eyes robot 006.JPG Snake Eyes robot 007.JPG Snake Eyes robot 008.JPG Snake Eyes close-up 001.JPG
    Snake Eyes jet 010.JPG Snake Eyes jet 003.JPG Snake Eyes jet 001.JPG Snake Eyes jet 002.JPG Snake Eyes jet 004.JPG Snake Eyes jet 005.JPG Snake Eyes jet 006.JPG Snake Eyes jet 007.JPG Snake Eyes jet 008.JPG Snake Eyes jet 009.JPG Snake Eyes jet 011.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
  3. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Wow! Awesome idea and execution. Seriously well done.

4. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Beardy Boyo!

Ebay:
    Very nice indeed!

5. Botch421

Botch421 Cries and screams are music to my ears

Love the crossovers ... and knowing is half the battle

6. Massdestruction

Not a fan of paying for stickers. Especially with prices higher than what I paid for the figure itself. Usually if I want "stickers", I create and print out my own and just glue them on.

I thought about making some for Snake Eyes, but felt that he looked nice and clean without them. Only thing I would have liked is the Arashikage clan symbol for his shoulders.

7. Massdestruction

Only problem with my G.I. Joe crossovers is that I have no plans to make more G.I. Joe crossover characters. So it's just a one-off with no real place on my customs shelf.

Sorry Snake Eyes. You won't have anyone to talk to. Oops, forgot you don't talk anyways. Guess you will be OK then.

8. Botch421

Botch421 Cries and screams are music to my ears

CobraRattler02.jpg this would make a good cobra.... but ya snake eyes isnt talking no matter who you put next to him

9. Massdestruction

A cobra Rattler out of Energon Sky Shadow/Terradive or Combiner Wars Powerglide would look good, though both are scout class, not deluxe. Also Hasbro already repainted Powerglide into Viper.

OK, I have decided that I did need some stickers. But I still want to keep it clean, since Snake Eyes needs a more stealthy plane without all the flags, symbols, logos and words. So I am just giving him an Autobot symbol on his shoulder and plane mode and the Arashikage clan symbol for his other shoulder.

Snake Eyes robot 010.JPG Snake Eyes robot 011.JPG Snake Eyes jet 012.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Nice! However, what about silver, or white Autobot symbols? they would look less conspicuous, wouldn't they? You can get those from Reprolabels.

Still, nice designs though.

11. Massdestruction

A silver one would probably look nice on the plane, though the red one isn't too noticeable since I used a small one.

For the Autobot symbol on his shoulder, I actually like the red one. It gives the figure symmetry by mirroring the red clan symbol on his other shoulder.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ronbot1986

Ronbot1986 Golden Age

Awesome. That jet mode is sick very stealth styled. Good idea great work.

13. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Awesome!! He really does look like a ninja and the red Autobot symbol really makes him 'pop.'

I've actually been thinking of customizing using Terradive as a base as well . . . Thanks for the info about the type of paint you used. Did you do any prep work before hand? I'm impressed with how thoroughly you covered Terradive's orange with the black.

14. phantro

phantro Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Cool!

15. Massdestruction

Most of the prep work was just trimming/sanding so there would be no paint wear during transformation. And due to the complexity of his transformation, there is a lot of trimming/sanding. The other part that was alot of work is that this guy is pieced together almost entirely with pins. Only 9 screws or so, but like 29 pins.

I did need to cover all of the orange with a gray basecoat before I could use the black. The custom gun metal gray didn't need a basecoat beforehand, custom colors made using silver usually coat well on their own anyway. The upper legs need basecoating because of the silver paint on them, if you want any other colors on them.