Transformers Funnies question.

Discussion in 'TFW2005 Tech Support' started by Shadowbreaker, May 16, 2010.

1. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    I'm still relatively new here, and I'm thinking of making a Transformers Funny.

1st question is pretty dumb, but I'll ask anyway. In the funnies posting rules thread, It has 3 comic categories. But it is possible to have others than those, right? For example, my idea is a serious one-shot. I know, dumb question, but I always have my moments of stupidity. :redface2: 

2nd question is about image size of Transformers funnies. Here is posted that...

Now, if the image is resized by the board, does it count? The black bar the resizes it? If not, I'll post in CGD on how to resize with Photoshop because I've tried and it did nothing. :confused:  My guess is no, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

And 3rd Question: Can you use a small animated gif. in an image. Nothing big, just something like rain or electric sparks. Just wanted to know.

Thanks for the help!

--Shadowbreaker

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In response to your questions:

1) The categories are not part of the rules of the forum. Only the quoted text added in by Buzzbeak (Seth Buzzard) are the rules of the forum. So you can make whatever you want, provided it fits in with the rules in that quoted block and also the general board rules.

2) The board resize software does take care of most of the work, however it's still good practise to resize your images first as it reduces the filesize, meaning faster load times. In Photoshop, the option you are looking for should be in the Image menu, it's named Image Size. You can change the picture dimensions in there to suit your needs.

3) I see no problem with using animated .gifs, provided that the content does not break any other board rules.

3. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

News Credits:
    Thanks Sol Fury!

I knew how to resize, but when I tried to do it with a picture I posted in another thread, it didn't seem to do any thing. But just now I tried with another pic... and it worked. Oh well.

Thanks again!