Transformers Forged to Fight

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by ssjkazer, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had deleted this off my phone then about a week later one of my friends from the line chat talked me back to give it another week with his Alliance. I've been back since, it's the group I play with that keeps me active and not these crap sales and the alpha spark brick wall that Kabam has installed for us.

2. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    One day, we'll get a cracking mobile Transformers game, but only when Hasbro (and basically every other license holder) deems mobile games more than just "brand advertising". Hopefully, games like this will include premium models, hardware controls (and touch, too).

For now, without such controls, we're "forced to swipe' the screen, alas.

I actually got this to load on my Nvidia Shield TV, and it looked good. Unfortunately, there was no support for it, unlike Earth Wars, which DOES work on Android/Shield TV.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  3. pilotmaster70

pilotmaster70 Space Nerd

Yo. Can i join. I'm whovian41110 ingame and have sent a request

4. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

I really miss the days when TF games came complete, on a console. The mobile platform gets crazy expensive and feeds on the gambling instinct/urge. It's a profitable business model, don't get me wrong, but I also feel it's inherently morally bankrupt.

I got caught up in the earlier TF mobile games, and it just got really expensive and time-consuming (for relatively little rewards). Maybe this game is different (and better), but I have to be honest and say I don't trust the mobile platform at all, and I am never keen on spending $100s on simple games (not this one, per se - I haven't played it!).

I guess I will give this game a go later, just to see. But I would really love it if mobile developers offered $50 full-packages or some such, to prevent the gambling problem that drains so many bank accounts. For a property that focuses on kids (Transformers), it's amazing Hasbro even allows the mobile platform - which I suspect will eventually face heavy legislation as the gambling aspect gets further out of control (with young people).

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
  6. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:

THIS.

Also, this game includes the group mentality system, whereby pressure is put upon members of groups to "keep up", which then elicits a possible greater chance to buy iaps. Not cool.

That's why I've avoided games like this.

However, there ARE great premium games out. If you are a mobile gamer and like transforming mechs in a strategy game setting, why not try an alternative, like Anomaly 2 (warning, this game has a bug and isn't compatible with Shield TV) :

-

• Like Like x 1
  7. G1 Evac

G1 Evac 1984 roller coaster car

News Credits:
    Anybody who is thinking about trying this game, STOP! There is a GIGANTIC brick wall to upgrading your bots called ALPHA SPARKS that will make your life miserable unless you pay A LOT OF CASH. If you don't, not only won't you advance, there will be nothing for you to do. You could spend a year trying to get Alpha Sparks without paying any cash and will still be unable to upgrade a team of 5 3stars to rank 4.

You have been warned, this pay wall is the biggest I've ever seen in a F2P game. It will not come down just by throwing some money at it. It needs A LOT of money, and it scares me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, I agree and I've accepted it's just part of the game however I don't know if it will take a year to get an alpha. Maybe a couple of months but not a year, well I guess that all depends on how often one plays.

9. G1 Evac

G1 Evac 1984 roller coaster car

News Credits:
    I want at least a team of 5 guys at rank 4, to complete exploring act 3
    That's 5 alphas
    If I play to get 18000 raid points a day, it will take me 100 days to get 1 alpha
    A year gets me 3 guys at rank 4, and within that year how many times Kabam need to say hey just buy an alpha before I break down and murder my wallet then decide eh, its more of the same just then quit out of boredom?

Imma buy more toys I get more joy that way but YMMV :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm not sure how I feel about this and my alliance is bugging everyone for donations but after reading that shouldn't we all just wait. I'm currently sitting on about 40K in alliance chips so I hope the transfer rate helps me out as I can only buy 1 crystal a day.

Yes, just delete the game so the temptation is gone would be my advice.

11. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Based on teammembers it's hard to get your first when you have your first become a raidbeast (or before that if your lucky) or get lucky with AM rewards. But if i believe my team it takes around a month to get alphas atm if you don't spend money and grind

12. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

right now if u don't spend $$ yes it will take quite a while to get your first alpha, unless your alliance happens to be the top 3 in Alliance Mission then you will be getting like half of an alpha per AM, but this also means that you will need to spend some energon for revive and heals, plus it pretty much requires that you to have 3 r4 3* bots in order to run AM at those level.
    If you started playing from beta, then it's very likely you already have 2+ alpha as long as you play regularly. i knew people who haven't spent a dime and already have 4 alphas, but it does requires alot of grinding/raiding.
    The whole point is, they want to get you frustrated by grinding, and paying $$ can save you that frustration(for a while till the next pay wall) Eventually they will make Tier1 Alpha easy to get(as demonstrated in Mcoc, their other cash cow), but they will always have something else up as the next paywall(tier2 alpha, etc)

13. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Waiting for the 2.0 update to go live......

15. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Drift: Wait. Aren\'t I red/orange and black in the new film? Why am I blue again?

16. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

The new update just made alpha 3 times easier to get(actually more than 3x easier because it also cost less now, and the more you buy the better the price will be)
    So it will take 1-2 weeks to get a full alpha just from raiding

17. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Downgrade?

18. Trailbreaker77

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

19. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The Drift missions sure are energy guzzlers.

Didn't you use to be able to use bots in a mission and arena at the same time?

20. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Do like the rewards and the fact you can ask for help and get 3 energies for your trouble of asking

You still can do that