Transformers: Forged To Fight Wins The Best Game Award At Google Play Awards 2017

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 19, 2017.

  1. SilverOptimus

    SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2009
    Posts:
    8,815
    News Credits:
    51
    Trophy Points:
    247
    Likes:
    +2,789
  2. FanimusMaximus

    FanimusMaximus Kuphead

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2009
    Posts:
    16,450
    News Credits:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    302
    Location:
    Florida
    Likes:
    +280
    Well deserved, it's a fun game.

    ...Getting new characters at a decent level is the hardest thing ever though to do without money.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chronix

    Chronix Meme Machine

    Joined:
    May 6, 2015
    Posts:
    509
    Trophy Points:
    137
    Likes:
    +200
    I guess the game is pretty okay.

    Well, at least until the part where it locks you out and doesn't let you play again unless you hand over your wallet to buy revives.
     
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Heliblade

    Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

    Joined:
    May 1, 2017
    Posts:
    468
    Trophy Points:
    112
    Likes:
    +519
    JUST KEEP TAPPING THE SCREEN!!!!!!!!

    A+ 10/10 5 STARS!!!!!!!

    Meh the game was okay.
     
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Matt_M

    Matt_M Snarkabot

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2010
    Posts:
    2,323
    News Credits:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    202
    Likes:
    +239
    It\'s a very slick, good-looking game. But once I found out that there\'s no actual online competition, despite its fighting-game-lite trappings, my interest was zero.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Moy

    Moy Constructicons!

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2007
    Posts:
    8,835
    News Credits:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    282
    Likes:
    +1,240
    Hopefully that means it'll be easier to use characters you want.
     
  7. flux convoy

    flux convoy RIP Botcon.

    Joined:
    Mar 19, 2004
    Posts:
    2,476
    Trophy Points:
    262
    Location:
    Spinning my wheels into the void.
    Likes:
    +375
    Ebay:
    Congrats to them. The novelty faded quickly for me. It looks slick but runs poorly on my device.
     
    • Like Like x 2
  8. MastaBlasta

    MastaBlasta Repaints Galore

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2016
    Posts:
    1,165
    Trophy Points:
    187
    Location:
    You'll have to find me
    Likes:
    +912
    *Patiently waits for everyone to become angry*
     
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dirge121

    Dirge121 Eat the chikums

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2005
    Posts:
    10,038
    News Credits:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    312
    Likes:
    +599
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Eh, its okay. Gameplay is fun enough but you slam into the paywall hard and fast.
    Then if you want new characters you have two options:
    a) Buy premium crystals for a slim chance at a character
    b) Drop enough cash for revives and time spent climbing the ranks to become one of the top #50 global players in the Arena

    Honestly after the Soundwave event I haven't gone back to it.

    Don't get me wrong, after Earth Wars it feels like it has a lot of potential. But that's mainly because Earth Wars was one of the worst Transformers games I've ever played. I've beaten Convoy No Nazo and I'd still take that over Lemmings with a Transformers skin.

    Main thing that kills me is that compared to other iOS games I'm playing like Jurassic World, you can't get anything new in FTF without putting down cash. I wouldn't mind if it was a case of 'Soundwave now available. Buy the Soundwave Crystal to get a Soundwave of a randomized level'. What I object to is 'Soundwave now available, buy the Soundwave crystal and have a 5% chance to get Soundwave and a 95% chance to get worthless duplicates'.
    The game looks great and plays very well, but the Developers are just far too greedy to support.
     
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. The Mad Demobot

    The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Dec 12, 2013
    Posts:
    707
    Trophy Points:
    172
    Likes:
    +284
    More like \"Game with the most money spent on at the shop.\"
     
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Nako

    Nako Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2012
    Posts:
    293
    Trophy Points:
    122
    Likes:
    +154
    I\'m really enjoying the game. Just wish I could get Ultra Magnus.
     
  12. primalxconvoy

    primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

    Joined:
    Sep 20, 2015
    Posts:
    3,719
    News Credits:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    212
    Location:
    Japan
    Likes:
    +1,752
    Why would we be angry? I'm a pretty big/hard-core Android gamer and I'd never heard of the Google Play Game Awards until this article. I doubt it has any relevance to the average person.

    There are much better games out there right now, such as "Riptide GP Renegade" (racing), "Ocean Horn" (Zelda style), etc.

    I mean, "Transformers: - Forced to Swipe" didn't even support mouse clicks. Even Candy Crush can do that (and Transformers: - Earth Wars, too).
     
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. G1 Evac

    G1 Evac The Last Knight

    Joined:
    May 4, 2016
    Posts:
    548
    News Credits:
    5
    Trophy Points:
    147
    Location:
    China
    Likes:
    +1,121
    There's a definite brick wall you hit around level 35 which you can only destroy by throwing cold hard cash at it. Even with all five maxed-out 3*bots team, you'll find it hard to complete missions. You won't get lucky and draw any 4*bots, and soon you'll exhaust all your free credits to get revives and potions for your bots. After that, you can't do anything until you open your wallet and put in some money.

    Don't start if you don't wanna spend money.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  14. TCJJ

    TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    Posts:
    3,402
    News Credits:
    3
    Trophy Points:
    242
    Location:
    In your sock drawer
    Likes:
    +1,419
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That's like giving ROTF an Oscar for Best Story. But sure, whatever. Let me know when they make another good Transformers game.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I Am James

    I Am James Emirate Xaaron

    Joined:
    Jun 1, 2016
    Posts:
    69
    Trophy Points:
    37
    Likes:
    +37
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    First Earth Wars and now Forged to Fight?  Wow, this is great for the Transformers franchise!
     
  16. Automaster

    Automaster Eye Heart TF's!!

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2002
    Posts:
    1,698
    News Credits:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    237
    Likes:
    +35
    Ebay:
    I can't tell if it is legitimately random when acquiring a crystal as it appears on screen or somewhat rigged. The chances to win a 3 or 4* crystal seem quite good, until you spin. :)  I like the game though, it's pretty fun for a mobile.
     
  17. iuJacob

    iuJacob Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 18, 2016
    Posts:
    226
    Trophy Points:
    77
    Likes:
    +216
    Crystal spin is just an animation.
    You have no control over what you get. It's determined once you drag the crystal into the crystal...thing....
     
  18. Kevin Iaquinto

    Kevin Iaquinto THEY'RE TURNING THE FREAKING BOTS GRAY

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2015
    Posts:
    802
    News Credits:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    162
    Location:
    5TH DIMENSION
    Likes:
    +538
    Marvel Future Fight is a WAAAAAAAAAY better game... I like forged to fight, but future fight is leagues better.
     
  19. spartan 3764

    spartan 3764 Yellow ♡ TFW2005 Supporter

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2011
    Posts:
    16,952
    News Credits:
    9
    Trophy Points:
    332
    Location:
    Paranoia Island
    Likes:
    +5,207
    If there is one thing that school ever taught me is that awards never go to those who really deserve it. All the popular and charismatic kids won awards for things they didn't deserve, and the kids who did got stuck on the bleachers and where scolded for not being like their peers.


    That's the only valuable life lesson I learned from that place.
     

Share This Page