Transformers Forever?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Toa Maximus, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Toa Maximus

Toa Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Today I saw a commercial for the Turtles Forever movie and I was wondering would you like the next transformers series to be like that?

2. Todd Hakusho

Todd Hakusho Resident Gryphon

Ebay:
    technically that was already done; Robot Masters xD

3. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Hmm. Isn't that the show where the old turtles meet new? Hmm. I think a series based around TF Universe with all of the past incarnations represented by one or more characters would be cool. We have WAY more now than when they made Robot Masters.

4. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

That would be one big clusterfuck to write and navigate, that's for sure.

But...if they would give as much of a "take that" to animated G1 as Turtles Forever appears to do to the 1987 turtles, then count me in.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    They also did something along the same lines for the anniversary episode or whatever in Japan during the AEC era, didn't they?

It would be an interesting thing to see the different continuities interacting, if only in comic form. Robot Masters limited themselves to pretty much CGI models of different era characters shooting at eachother.

6. swampert123

swampert123 Team Metal

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah I will and that movie[yeah, it's a movie] was on the cw4kids and it passed already but it was cool but a transformers version would be even better :D 

7. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i can't see it as a movie but a comic that i can see

8. Todd Hakusho

Todd Hakusho Resident Gryphon

Ebay:
    well...okay xD I'll admit it'd be awesome.

Animated Bumblebee meeting G1 xD

9. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    It's a pity Hasbro didn't come up with an on-screen 25th anniversary special like Mirage and 4Kids did for TMNT.

10. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

It would have probably been too much to sponsor a live-action movie and feature long animated movie for 25th anniversary for Hasbro. I'm sooo jealous of TMNT fans. They gotta a very nice animated movie that is worthy tribute and an awesome way to end the 2003 TMNT series, and we gotta piece of crud
    that will be forgotten in a few years.

11. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

TMNT Forever was awesome! The beauty of it thought was that you only have 4 Turtles, 16 character at most crossing over in the final battle scene, for TF you'd be very limited in how many characters you could have meet successfully. I think it could still be done, but more likely as a comic. There was also a story in the TF: Legends novel anthology where multiple Optimuses meet.

Both my favorite shows gone in the same year - TFA and TMNT! Now what am I supposed to watch! WAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

12. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I've always being intrigued by the idea of TFs from various universes meeting up. We've seen a little bit of this happening in comics before. It'd be awesome to see various Primes fighting various Megatrons! Here's a question: if you cobbled together every Optimus from every continuity, which one would end up leading them all? And the same with all the Megatrons?

13. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Does anybody have a link to where I can watch Turtles Forever? I haven't seen a torrent or stream of it yet, and I'd sure like to watch it over here in the PRC. (Keep in mind that my country doesn't allow YouTube.)

14. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

This I agree 100%

15. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I think I have an idea for a 25th anniversary special.
    How about an animated version of the Worlds Collide storyline from Simon Furman's run in Armada with Vector Prime and his five man band with an Autobot/Maximal who fullfills each role perfectly like this:
    Hero- Optimus Prime representing G1
    Lancer- ?
    Smart Guy- ?
    Big Guy- Bulkhead representing Animated
    The Chick- ?

How about that?

16. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    I like the idea, and this most often end up having to do with time travel and all that. I like the idea of Transformers: Reawakening.... sounds good to me :) 

I hope Hasbro or whomever is reponsible would make a Transformers that has like a 5 year arc or something along those lines that would be partly based on updated Generation 1 characters. That really builds storytelling.... something along the line of Star Wars clone wars, not the graphics.

17. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    it would be so cool if all bb incarnations would be in one movie... :) 

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I just watched Turtles Forever on YouT... oh, sorry.

That was a really well done special, it really shows the love and the iterations of the Turtles and allowed for enough goofiness to be fun as well. Sadly I'd feel that if TF's did something similar, it would end up invoking rage from nearly every series fandom if their own favorite series wasn't portrayed just the way they wanted. Would G1'ers appreciate it if a special like that played up the Decepticons Retreat, goofy devices, and logic problems? Would live action movie fans appreciate it if their TFs are portrayed as being made of tin foil comparatively?

The other problem is that TF's have had so many iterations that it would be difficult to balance them all without doing a major multipart series and how do you treat the Japanese series as well? Just with Optimus Primes/Convoys you'd have 14 or so. That's a lot of characters to show and intermix.

Bottom line, done right, hells yes.

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a "Turtles Forever"-esque story adapted to TF.

Hell, I was thinking of a scenario to explain how something like this could happen.

The cause would be Beast Wars Megatron and the predacons, who, while trying to reconstruct a new warp drive to use to return to Cybertron, accidentally overload the drive, creating a network transdimensional portals. One ends up in the Animated Universe, one ends up in the G1 Universe. Animated Megs learns of the portals and sees it as an opportunity to build an army of Megatrons and a never-ending army of Decepticons. Giving him the power to conquer not only the Animated version of Cybertron, but every Cybertron in existence. The G1 Autobots, Animated Autobots and Maximals must band together to stop this from happening.

Autobots/Maximals:

G1 Prime
    G1 Bumblebee
    G1 Ironhide
    G1 Ratchet
    G1 Prowl
    G1 Jazz
    Animated Prime
    Animated Bumblebee
    Animated Prowl
    Animated Ratchet
    Animated Jazz
    Animated Bulkhead
    Optimus Primal
    Rattrap
    Cheetor
    Dinobot
    Rhinox
    Blackarachnia

Decepticons/Predacons:

G1 Megatron
    G1 Soundwave
    G1 Starscream
    G1 Thundercracker
    G1 Skywarp
    G1 Shockwave
    Animated Megatron
    Animated Starscream
    Animated Blitzwing
    Animated Lugnut
    Animated Soundwave
    Beast Wars Megatron
    Waspinator
    Rampage
    quickstrike
    Tarantulus
    Inferno

20. Alexander Quinn

Alexander Quinn Well-Known Member

That'd be swell. I can dig it. I want to see the expression on Animated Bumblebee's face when he finds out what his ROTF counterpart did to ROTF Ravage.