Transformers for Sale

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by SentaiRick, Feb 20, 2007.

1. SentaiRick

SentaiRick Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm contemplating trying to save up for a high def tv... but coming up with 500-600 bucks is a tough call...

I'm contemplating selling my transformers, but would someone be willing to tell me a good way to sell off the whole thing (minus classics and 20th prime) , via ebay in a lot, or sell it one by one?

Link to pictures are http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v294/sentairick/transformers%20collection/ .. they're seperated by genre....

Not selling yet, but if the response is favorable, I will consider letting em go.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give, and sorry if it's posted in the wrong palce.

2. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

One by one for the Gen 1 stuff and maybe RiD

Lot for Alt stuff, titanium etc. Dude, sell it all here.

I'll buy a bunch of your Gen1 stuff. Seriously.

3. SentaiRick

Ebay:
    Thanks , Gnaw... I'll make a decision and come back here.....

Damned High tech fetish of mine - still watching a 4x3 set, and i've got high def programming and can't even watch it.

4. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Agreed, you could hold cage matches for people clawing to get that Jetfire. There's a bunch of the G1 figures I'd be interested in but lots tend to scare away anyone who only wants a few, which would qualify for G1 figures.

I'd say pick a price for everything, use this forum as a guide to see how much they've sold for in the past, and list them for sale here individually, if you want to bunch them into lots you can also list a single discounted price on a whole lot from the same series, like if you're selling 4 Alts for $15 each, that's $60 together, but list the whole lot for $50 if someone wants to buy them all together. That's incentive for buyers to get them all and you sell more figures.

5. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

Hey,

If you really want the high def TV and won't regret selling the collection then go for it.

Just make sure you get in return what you value each item(s) at. Obviously keeping in mind, normal going prices.

6. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

PM me first! I call dibs on some of the figures if you sell it here!

7. SentaiRick

Ebay:
    Yeah - that's where I"m having the conflict.. I really want to enjoy some stuff in high def, and one of the only things i Have to sell is my TF's... and i figure instead of putting em on ebay, if i did it, i'd rather them in hands of collectors to enjoy.

8. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm just gonna kinda lurk here and keep hitting the refresh button untill you put up some prices :sly:  if you decide to sell I definatly seen some stuff I wouldn't mind having in my collection *cough* jetfire *cough*

9. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

I would get the titaniums since theyre the only MISB toys and i don't like purchasing lose but yea dude thats an even trade.. HD TV for TF Toys.. its gonna come down to which one you want the most.. haha hope you make the right decision

10. SentaiRick

Ebay:
    ok.. right now, I've got interest in Jetfire, Wheeljack,Sunstreaker ,
    Mirage ,Grimlock ,Galvatron and Cliffjumper

I can live with letting those go for the most part.. Prime and Megatron are the top two that i'll be a little more hard pressed to let go.

The rest (except for the classics, they just rock my socks) (Cybertron, G1), I'm getting more open to....

This is the list Ive come up with - prices negotiable...

Hound (original) (has spare tire)
    Galvatron (original)
    Grimlock (original)
    Cyclonus (original)
    Jazz (Original)
    Mirage (original)
    Wheeljack (Original)
    Jetfire (Original) (Gnaw has dibs )
    Cliffjumper (Original)
    Ironhide
    Sunstreaker

The above are loose, as seen in pictures. They've been sitting on a shelf, rarely transformed much.

Sideswipe (reissue)
    Hoist (reissue), has box)

Cybertron Line

Entire lot, 100 bucks plus shipping

Optimus Prime (galaxy force model)
    Megatron
    Override
    Smokescreen
    Unicron (vehicle)
    Optimus Prime (Small armada version)

All are new , transformed just to show vehicle, then back to robot and shelved.

11. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    only Alt i see up is the Acura Prowl, wouldnt mind having him for the right price :) 

12. SunDown

SunDown Fatty McFatFat

well I am probably going to buck the trend here but asking this kind of question in this section is bound to get only one kind of answer...sell sell sell.

Lets talk reality about HD. satelite is your best source for HD and only 5-6 channels (maybe a couple more) are truely HD. Almost everything else (std resolution) will look pixilated on a HD set, I and a few of my friends have them. Actually for my money the best picture is still coming from the 4.3 ratio screens (tube type). Sure, I might watch a dvd in letterbox on a 4.3 screen and its not super huge but the quality is there.
    I guess what I am saying is HD is not really ready yet, at least not enough to dump a loved collection. I think you may end up kicking yourself over this decision down the road. Why not just wait another year or two and get a HD TV when more programing is avail in HD?

13. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Do you want me to change this to a sell thread?

14. SentaiRick

Ebay:
    Basically, I have like 10 channels of HD, and with working for a satellite company, I'm probably going to be able to get more, plus playing Xbox 360 on a standard def, unfortunatly sucks for me (Dead Rising's fonts, for example, are almost too small for me to read, and i'm using a 32" tv)

That and widescreen set's just appeal to me a little more these days - roomate has one in the LR, and I have a widescreen montior for my comp - i want to round it out....

I'm actually ok now with the decision to let some go - if things bring in enough, I'll keep Prime, Megatron, and Soundwave, which I have a lot of love for - so it's all good....

But thanks for the alternate view... I really appreciate the comments, cause I did want to hear from both ends of the spectrum.

15. SentaiRick

Ebay:
    Yeah, Lio - With offers being thrown about, it would seem more appropriate.. thanks much.

16. SentaiRick

Ebay:
    Just a heads up for those keeping track - these are the ones that have dibs on characters, but the rest are open... offers are welcome.

Gnaw has dibs on....

G1 Jetfire
    Grimlock
    Galvatron
    Wheeljack
    Cliffjumper\

CyclopianVision has dibs on...

Mirage and Sunstreaker

17. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

I'd be happy to take that G1 Soundwave and Rumble?Frenzy off your hands.:D  Pm me if you think that's a possibility.

18. gen1fan

gen1fan G1 PRIME FROM VA TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    if you still have wheeljack, and Cyclouns for sale let me know

19. SentaiRick

Ebay:
    2/24 update

I haven't gotten a response on some PM's, so I'm opening things up... offers first, prices negotible, the figs come as seen - I'm looking 30 each to start plus shipping. I take paypal only, and if you guys do see something, please, PM ME FIRST, so I can give an eta on shipping.. I don't want your funds sitting forever and you not getting your stuff promptly. Not my style. So here goes.

I can live with letting those go for the most part.. Prime and Megatron are the top two that i'll be a little more hard pressed to let go.

The rest (except for the classics, they just rock my socks) (Cybertron, G1), I'm getting more open to....

This is the list Ive come up with - prices negotiable...

Hound (original) (has spare tire) (ON HOLD)
    Galvatron (original, does not have cannon connector, but DOES have cannon)
    Grimlock (original, no weapons)
    Cyclonus (original , no weapons)
    Jazz (Original, has one gun)
    Mirage (original no gun, spoiler broken off)
    Wheeljack (Original, no acc.)
    Jetfire (Original no accessories, joints fairly tight)
    Cliffjumper (Original)
    Ironhide (as seen in picture) (ON HOLD)
    Sunstreaker (no accessories)

The above are loose, as seen in pictures. They've been sitting on a shelf, rarely transformed much.

Sideswipe (reissue, has everything but manual))
    Hoist (reissue), has box, everything but manual)

Cybertron Line

Entire lot, 100 bucks plus shipping (as seen, no weapons, just as pictured only (the MISB ones were taken prior to opening)

Optimus Prime (galaxy force model)
    Megatron
    Override
    Smokescreen
    Unicron (vehicle)
    Optimus Prime (Small armada version)

All are new , transformed just to show vehicle, then back to robot and shelved.

20. Galactimus

Galactimus I'll Lead, You Follow! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Transformers

LMK if you decide to sell it all. I'd take it.