Transformers for 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Rodimus Mike, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    Hey all, Me again and what do you expect for Transformers in 2009,besides
    the obvious Animated and Movie lines,do you think we'll get more Classic 2.0
    figures?,what about them bringing back the Titanium line in both 3" and 6"
    ones.Even tho I didn't start collecting the 3" one till a few months ago I
    love them,and I'm making a scene set with all my 3".Also do you think
    Hasbro will give us fans a listen and actually do more War Within Figures,I
    would love to get every one in the comics.So tell me what you want for
    2009.Later.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    All I care about and hope for are more Classicverse releases and new movie characters.

3. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I can see the chart of dominance will gonna be .. 2009 Movie > Animated > UC2.0 line.

.... Pretty obvious, isn't it?

4. a fan like you

a fan like you Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for a deluxe class G1 Soundwave action figure for Classics 2.0

5. Ariel Paradron

Ariel Paradron Banned

I would love another female character obviously! Maybe another Gobot like Crasher since that line has sooo many females to offer. My boyfriend just bought the G.I. Joe Vamp vehicle so I know Hasbro has the rights to Gobot Vamp's trademark.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I personally think that the Animated line will be phased out for the Movie line, while the Universe line continues on throughout the year as the "25th Ann." line. Other than that I really don't think we'll see anything else. Then Animated will most likely come back once the movie's toy line phases out. Not sure about the Universe line. It could continue on for several more years with some gaps here and there. Only reason I think it'll continue for at least the majority of next year, is because of the anniversary, and the whole "celebrating all things TF" thing.

7. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Not likely. The movie toyline for the FIRST movie hasn't phased out yet, so bringing Animated back after the second movie toyline goes will probably mean that it will come back sometime in 2170.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While the first movies toy line isn't completely dead, technically, it has "phased out". There might be a handful of figures left to be released (only three that I can think of, and their the three Target Exclusive scouts). Basically I think Animated will pick back up sometime in early to mid 2010, depending on how well this third season does, and if they do continue it (which I don't doubt).

9. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    all i want is classics and more classics new molds/retools of all the G1 characters . what i really want to see is a g1 arcee !!!!!

10. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

so...much...RAGE...I'm hooked on Animated, they can't just pull the plug and say "be back later" only to resume it after a full year (if at all. Regardless of intentions IF they phased out Animated, there is a chance it could potentially STAY phased out).

11. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I just can't see them keeping both main lines going at the same time. One of them would suffer in some way, and it would probably be Animated. If they do phase it out, which I don't doubt, I don't think the phasing out would be the cause for it to not return. I see them bringing it back after the sequel's toy line is over, along with a new season or two of the show. There's a chance that if they were to try and have all three lines continue at the same time, that Animated would be phased out anyways due to poor sales, and then that would have the potential to end it, where if they had phased it out earlier, they could have then picked it back up after the movie line was over.

12. Gouka

Gouka Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe Animated won't "Phase out" but instead be continued under Universe in the "Animated Series" part of the whole celebrating 25 years thing.

13. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i thought animated was going to run concurrent with the Movie (won't season 3 of the show be going on in the fall?)? I'd imagine if anything was "phased out/down" during the movie line it'd be Universe since it's more of a "direct competitor".

14. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    oh, and the one thing i know i'm ridiculously excited next year for is Classics/25th Anniversary Hound w/ Ravage

15. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Considering the Universe stuff is already just getting smooshed into whatever free space there might be between Animated & Movie stuff and doesn't even have its own shelf/display area, I imagine & expect THAT will be the line to go on hiatus once the waves of TF2 figures come rolling in. Seems reasonable that Animated can remain as its own aisle or endcap display... assuming there are even that many more Animated figures coming out in 2009 to begin with. We already have the bulk of them getting released this year, and whatever is left (Wreck-Gar, Constructicons?, Omega?, tons of repaints, etc) will probably be released well before next summer anyway.

16. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While the major focus will of course be the movie line, I'd like to see TFA running alongside it in some form. Even though Animated doesn't really do it for me, the advantage of having two distinctly different styles on the shelves simultaneously seems wise; you're hitting a pretty wide demographic between the two lines.

And in my dream world, 2009 will bring at least twenty new Alternity molds. :cool: 

17. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike I Drank What?

Ebay:
    I say I hope that they phase out Animated than the Universe Classics,as I really can't
    like the Animated toy line or the show for that matter cuz every character or figure looks
    so unreal,with there bony upper legs,long skinny and fat heads.Just uneven proportions.
    But with the Classic 2.0 line we get near perfect TF's updated.So if we have to see one
    toyline phase out then its obvious which one I want gone.I have only got 5 Animated
    Figures and they are Optimus Prime 2 pack,Megatron 2 pack,Grimlock,Snarl/Slag,Prowl,
    and Leader Megs but he is going on ebay in a day or two,as he isn't worth the $40 I
    payed for him in my opinion.Ok enough rant.Later all.

18. juise

juise TFW2005 Token Negro

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah it sucks that the 25th anniversary year of TF's will be dominated with movie toys that pay no respect to the series that started it all. That being said I have high hopes for Alternity, MP, and Classics/Henkei lines. Hasbro better not flood the Universe Classics line with crappy repaints of old crap, but I'm sure they will. At least the Animated line should be fresh. 25th Ann edition should have some nice surprises I hope.

19. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

im waitin to see if they'll bring out more G1 series for the 25th. aaaaand i can't wait for the 25th universe deluxes (cyclonus, hound w/ravage, hot shot, cheetor). i'm not sure if those come out in 08, if they do, i hope they continue with new molds of armada and beast wars.

20. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know, didn't they say something about Animated's 25th present being it's continuation?

Maybe they could just released a mold or two with the Universe line.