Transformers : Finish the Fight ! (TV shows)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Jul 16, 2011.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I was just thinking after recent speculation that it might not be impossible for Transformers : Animated to get a 4th series sometime.

Now Hasbro has it's own TV channel I can see it might be really interesting and worthwhile if they could make some sort of adjunts to the existing shows made in the same style as the original shows (more or less)

Here's some examples.

1) Transformers Generation One - it could have extra shows made in the same style that fit in between season 2 & 3 - you can throw almost anything you like in there and it's a great marketing tool for Hasbro to sell Generation 1 reissues off.

I think the best idea would be a few one shot straight to DVD like shows. that fill in specific story gaps - you could have a pre-earth story, and a history of the Combiners story, you could introduce Pretenders or Micromasters or fill in some of the missing time between Season 2 & 3.

2) Beast Wars : Could have the missing extended episode made that explains Dinobot II but could also be slotted in so you get so see more of Dragon Megatron and maybe even add some suggestions that G1 Megatron's spark was Driving Beast Megatron crazy.

Alternatively simply make the Beast Wars Comics adapted into a Cartoon series (limited run) but perhaps designed to fit into a reissue of Beast Wars toys say around 2015-2016.

3) Beast Machines could evolve into Transtech as a say a 6 part special that is loosly based on the Transtech comic. but there could also be a special episode that slots between the time gap of Beast Wars & Beast Machines mainly about how Megatron takes over and his mental decay.

This would work really well as you can throw the kitchen sink at it put all the factions in it and flesh out characters who never got any regard. as well as draw more of the Primus mythos into it that is hinted at a lot in Beast Wars and partially mucked up in Beast Machines.

4) Transformers Cybertron could become - Transformers Cybertron : Galaxy Force - it would be an expansion of the last few minutes of the last episode with dead characters returning some dimensional travel and lots of Signal Lancer ! It could also fix some of the weirder aspects of Cybertron retrospectively where needed and show us more of the Beast Planet & Speedia.
    And if they really went for it introduce the other worlds that were canned from the show like the steam punk industrial one.

Even if it was a limited series or a one off i'd love to see something that pushed out the steam punk idea for Transformers.

5) Original one off concepts - like Transformers in World War II (something loads of people love the concept of) but feel Hasbro might be to scared to do. If it's on their own channel then they can do what they like without scaring anyone off - I'm sure it would be hideously controversial - but I have a feeling that when World war II is no longer in living Memory people might calm down a bit about it - something to consider for 2039 ? (boy don't I think ahead -laugh - well how about 2014)

Anyway the idea is are those shows worth making sequels and side stories too in some form as a way to continue to market them.

The age of Unicron Trilogy kids is now at an age where they are worth selling things to as Adults and some may be having young kids of their own if not already then soon... I'm sure they'd love to see Armada/Energon Unicron beating up on Transformers Cybertron Primus for example.

So if there's people to whom Beast Era or Unicron Trilogy is their G1 - then why not give them the content the toys and the like that Generation One as a fandom gets already through comics, and toys etc...?

what ideas do you feel would work and what format could they take ?

2. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    id personally like to see some transtech, and maybe more of the beast era.

hmm having a transformers series that shows more of the TF homeworlds? that'd be interesting to say the least.
    a steampunk world?

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The problem remains with distribution rights for a lot of shows. Beast Wars / Machines DVDs can't be released in Canada, for example, RiD still isn't able to be shown/released, same with Animated, etc...

4. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Yup, that's the same idea that I had. In addition, new episodes to G1 could support the Generations toyline. I would like to see a replacement of season 4, which basically retcons it with new episodes.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes more love for Beast Wars, Cybertron and Animated.

I've been working on a Beast Wars prequel ideas and a Cybertron sequel (Hint: It involves initial T)

6. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Hasbro really need to buy shares in their own distribution company so they can actually sign deals that don't shoot them in the foot.
    They often manages to either get their TV shows in the wrong place in some markets or make a pigs ear out of DVD distribution.

I suppose you can buy any region DVDs and just play them on a multi-region player or on your computer via a programme like VLC Media Player.

I know I'd love to see a cheap and readily available DVD release for Beast Wars & Transformers : Animated in Region 2 - heck even Transformers : Cybertron/ Energon & Armada boxed sets would be good.

The UK Beast Machines release is a great release cheap and not insanely hard to get so more of that sort of release would be great - it's s funny that I had no trouble getting the Japanese shows on DVD but the American ones continue to be a problem for some people in some regions.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, the Hub is a good start for them in this regard, but what's done is done in terms of old shows and the arrangements they made then for productions. Their ongoing relationship with SHOUT is also a good thing, and SHOUT has been doing some fantastic things with niche dvds.

Even if a series is available on dvd in other countries, though, if it can't be aired in North America, especially the USA, and sold on DVD there as well, it's unlikely that Hasbro will give it a shot these days. It's sad, but that's the economic reality for them. Who knows though, maybe companies like SHOUT will be able to get these shows released instead.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I propose a series of animated shorts similar to Halo Legends for the different series. Short, interesting, digestible stories that could be put before or after Prime and G1.

9. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    so basically what they do with those DC shorts they put out for random heroes with random stories? (presumably fan favorite stories?)