Transformers Find Your Fate Books

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by firehawc_69, Sep 23, 2009.

1. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
  2. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

I got one about a year ago for the oldest boy. Found it at a flea market for a dollar or two. Its the one about the dinobots being taken control of by the insecticons. Pretty sure I have read it more than him. :p 

Chuck

3. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I still have one of them.

I read them and was sad to discover that they are not the classic pieces of literature that I remember them to be.

Still, they look good in the collection!

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I like that they feature the cover art versions of the toys instead of the G1 cartoon versions. That's neat in itself. I was thinking about picking them up again.

5. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I had a couple of them and loved 'em! I used to mark pages with diffrent colored highlighters so I could follow the sam e story over and over. I really remember one that had Ultra Magnus in charge and Hot Rod and Springer fighting along side some season 1 & 2 charactors...in a desert I think...I used to think the story took place between S2 and TFTM. That's when I first began to wonder about that time period. I still think someone should do a series that fils that gap. (I mean a good one, not the DW one that ignores all the movie and S3 charactors)

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Never heard of such books.

7. LadyIronhide

LadyIronhide Autobot Mistress

Oooooo, that sounds like it would have been fun. I read similar books, except involving female warriors and talking trees and faeries. x_^ Too bad I didn't have the TF ones when I was a little girly girl.

8. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    I remember mine very clearly. Bumblee and Spike/Buster were hiding from Starscream. The writer made it very clear that " The Decepticons like to get you from behind....It was just there way!" Good ole 80's writing :) 

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I was poking through some of my collection the other day taking the odd photo, so I happen to have a picture of my 'Choose Your Own Adventure'-style books handy:

[​IMG]

Of course in this namby-pamby day and age where kids aren't allowed to be exposed to losing in case it upsets them these books would probably have a positive outcome no matter which path they chose.

10. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Yup, got a boxset of 6 Find your Fate books, as well as 3 French "Vous êtes le héros", which are translations of 3 of the Find your Fate books. Pretty nifty.

I also happen to have a pic of them, when I tried to sell them off (but never did), along with a bunch of other TF odditiess:
    [​IMG]

11. omegagoalie

omegagoalie Cybertronian Puckstopper

Ebay:
    Quoted for truth. We were so much tougher in the 80's.

12. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

were these books that if you picked the wrong one the autobots would die?

13. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

Yep, Find your Fate books. I still have about 4 of them. I used to wonder when some of them were set since it looked like UM was in command so before the movie I guess. I used to die a lot which I hated, but they were fun too. I think I have one for Jem somewhere too. Guess this is how we 80s kids used to RPG before computer gaming really took over.

14. Rhapsody_Prime

Rhapsody_Prime ...such Heroic Nonsence.

I also read the Dinobot themed one back in grade school, I don't remember much of it as I also read a boat load of the choose your own adventure books as well. Things have kind of blended together over the years...

End of Line

15. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have most of the US versions. Doubles of some. Any interest in them?

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Not just Autobots but yourself as well. I vaguely remember at one point getting icked by some kind of ooey-gooey thingy. Might've been that wotsit Beachcomber is shooting at on that cover.
    Born with balls of steel we were. Or the metal lady bits version of such.

17. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Oh man, I've got a bunch of them. They're awesome! I think my favorite is the one where the Decepticons poison the Autobot's fuel.

18. Chip

Chip New Member

I still have six of these from when I was a kid, and I'd like to get the other three. There's something about the incredibly box-art-based art that appeals to me.

About a month ago I discovered that there's an entire fandom devoted to "game books" like these. The one site I looked at, gamebooks.org, basically savaged the Find Your Fate books. They probably have a point.

Holy crap. I'd like to think I'm a guy who knows things about Transformers, but I have never even heard of these. I must find them.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, there may even be one or two in my parents basement still. As simple as they are, at the time they were pretty cool. Desert Flight was my favorite, and is a big part of the reason Cosmos is one of my, if not my absolute favorite G1 Autobot.