Transformers figures will never be as good as they used to be

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Hasbro just can't do it anymore. Every figure is grey, badly molded and too small. HFTD was the last really good line. Prime line is overrated. What happened? Money issues and all that are nothing but stupid excuses. They need to improve figures paint and make them the size they used to be before DOTM.
    Disagree with me all you want it's the truth. Did you see the NEW Voyager Bulkhead? :(  The new FOC Optimus Prime figure doesn't look as good as the last WFC one.
    Okay someone made a joke how I prefer playing with blocky G1 toys. I didn't mean that! I started collecting around the Unicron Trilogy. I don't have or never had one G1 figure
    Edit: I want to mention that in my opinion ROTF to HFTD are some of the best lines ever...

2. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I disagree with your opinion.

3. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    As do I.

I agree that the DotM line is where Hasbro hit rock bottom. Sure RID is smaller than FE but the figures are still great. Between Prime, FOC and Generation, I think 2012 and 2013 will be one of Hasbro's best year or two.

4. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I strongly disagree with your opinions.

5. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Strongly disagree. Thought DOTM had its issues, and is no where near the quality we expected, I feel Hasbro has done a huge about-face and leap forward with the new prime toys and cyberverse figures. So far I'm overly impressed. And looking at the new pics of the FOC line today, those look even better.

6. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

If you don't like the newer figures, you can always call it quits on collecting. The DOTM toy line may not have been the best thing since sliced bread, but there are still at least a few gems IMHO. And the mainline Prime toys have only just started coming out, so it's a bit unfair to come down on it so soon.

So yeah, count this as a disagree with your opinion.

7. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    A "bad" year or two doesn't mean Transformers is Forever Ruined.

Hell, I liked most of DotM. That the figures were smaller didn't matter, the engineering was great on most of the figures.

8. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

LOL What an awful thread.

"Back in my day, we played with bricks and WE LIKED IT."

9. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most of the changes can be attributed to the bad economy and trying to maintain the price point

10. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Yeah, well, that's just like your opinion, man.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    HFtD was bricks? I think you are misunderstanding what he's saying. No one is bringing G1 into this. He is talking about movie era toys before DotM.

I don't think the toys are "ruined forever", but the DotM line and now the current TFP toys ARE smaller, with less paint, and now they cost more, too. This isn't exactly a new Golden Age for Transformers.

12. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think rts put out some good stuff. I could care less about the movie toys. I find the movie designs themselves intrinsically bad (cause, you know, I like my robots to resemble oversize praying mantis').

Hasbro has been fairly consistent and gradient with the releases. There has not been any shock to the system total overhaul since beast wars.

13. 420bot

420bot ******

I love RTS Wreck-Gar... until I realized that they all have cracked handle bar pins... like every one ever made, oh and weak hands and a million other weak spots!

LOLZZ!

14. QmTablit

QmTablit BotBot in the what, I said BotBot in the what

What I was alluding to was not that that's his argument, but that it's a similar one.

My stuff > today's stuff.

Yes, figures out currently are smaller. And yes, it all has to do with money. But not the way everything seems to be interpreting it. Size classes are all based on a dollar point with is determined by plastic weight. The toys and transformations have become more elaborate and intricate. We don't get legs that are made up of two large chunks on a sliding joint. There are more pieces involved now for transformation and articulation. That extra plastic doesn't come from anywhere.

It's a small sacrifice to pay with what's achieved in the end.

Hasbro still has it, and they're doing it better than ever. And if anyone can counterpoint, I'll cut them off what mentioning that it's not just some new thing Hasbro is doing. The Deluxe Size Class has been getting smaller over the years since Armada. Because "Size Class" actually, and has always, meant "plastic weight." Compare Cyb. Hot Shot to Universe Prowl to DotM Bumblebee to RiD Cliffjumper. As the size drops, complexity and articulation grow.

15. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Transformers rule. Still the best value than any other action figure on the market.
    More so now that marvel universe toys are going up in price with fewer new molds, and no figure stands. And gijoe is getting T crotches on their vehicle drivers.

Even with the size decrease. Articulation is still being consistant and the transformations haven't become predictable. It keeps evolving. Which I've been getting used to.

Our figures hav'ent been as large lately as the pre-movie Armada, Energon, Cybertron toys. But the engineering has advanced exponentially past that time. Meaning more parts, implimented in smaller overall toys.

16. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HFTD was only a year ago. But now it's doom and gloom? I think Prime Wheeljack is a piece of art.

The only thing Hasbro needs to move away from is Mechtech. Waste of plastic and springs.

17. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    The two best toys are and will be Legos and Transformers. It hasn't changed in a long time.

18. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    IMHO, the gray he's refering to are the robot parts, and only the vehicle parts having color. Which in a way, makes sence if you think about it. The robot insides would be the same color amoungst all cybertronians, or at least those of the same faction. So they may have done something right ....

as far as the movie 2 line being the best, well it did have those mech alive gimmicks, however, i dont want self transforming transformers. thats part of the fun.

19. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Movie 1 had all the Mech gimmicks. Movie 2 had the one were moving a certain joint makes pieces inside move. Didn't take away from the figure

20. 420bot

420bot ******

Yeah, I actually really liked your dr.who post dude.