2D Artwork: Transformers Fanzine Maelstrom 9

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by illmatar, Nov 18, 2007.

1. illmatar

illmatar illmatar

For those of you who are following!

The last full comic issue of Maelstrom is up on Deviant Art. If you haven't read the first 8 issues, I STRONGLY recommend that you do.

http://illmatar.deviantart.com/

As always, it is flagged for mature content, so if you aren't old enough, I'm sorry.
    .... OK...no I'm not! Serves you right for being young and making us old folks jealous! ;-)

After this, it's mostly text...which I still can't post here, and a few choice panels.

Feedback of any sort is always appreciated....even if it is negative.
    Thanks...

Attached Files:

2. Commander_V

Commander_V There is no title, only... wait, wrong fandom

Once again, I am blown away. The story has so much depth. The Soundwave scene tore my heart out.

Ok, I have two questions:

1. Any hint of when issue #10 will be out?

2. How can I get a hard copy?

3. illmatar

illmatar illmatar

I'm glad you like the story....the art is much easier for me than the writing. Sometimes, the characters run away with me and won't behave, ya know?

Issue 10 won't come out unfortunately. I just don't have the time anymore. My current school has over 850 little minds for me to warp and just the grading eats most of my spare time.

Hard copies! Hahah...that's a request I haven't had in a while. I do have some issue left over, but I think I need to run 7 again....maybe 5 too. (it would be 7...all 80 pages of it.) How's about this...let me see what it'll cost me to run the issues I don't have and maybe you can pay me for those copy costs and the shipping? I won't ask for help with the old ones I already have - I don't even remember what they cost me to print. I'm guessing...about 10$ for the prints and probably about that to ship all 9 issues in the US. .... Geez...I have no idea anymore.

I let you know.

Sound good?

Thanks.

4. Commander_V

:lol  yep, I know how that goes. My characters seem to take on a life of their own sometimes and steer themselves away from the main story.

I hope in the future you find time to pick this up again. I would absolutely love to see it continued.

You've got a deal. That would be awesome. There's no rush - just let me know the cost and I will send you payment.

Thank you so much! :) 

5. illmatar

illmatar illmatar

I will look into it and let you know. :) 

As for characters...they are at their best when they are the worst behaved but there are a few times I've wanted to put them all in separate corners!

As for the story itself...I'm not DONE...I've just stopped making comic books out of it. I've got...maybe 4000 pages of text waiting to menace the unsuspecting. The part that would have been issue 10 goes up tonight....but if I take the time to illustrate all of it I'll easily die of old age before I finish....especially since the guys keep misbehaving and running off on tangents.

Heh.

Oh well...I still can't post it here. Language issues aside, things keep getting nastier every time I turn around.

This pict is from the next part.

Attached Files:

6. Commander_V

Ah! Ok good. Story minus pictures is good too. I'm happy again lol
    It's going to get nastier? Now I really can't wait. :lol 

Love the picture btw.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you again! :) 

7. illmatar

illmatar illmatar

Well now. First things first. Good news...I only need to copy issue 7. Bad news...my car is bleeding coolant and it's gotta be dealt with first. As soon as THAT little wrinkle is smoothed out we will be off to Staples to finish the set.

I am having a TERRIBLE time posting text to DA...obviously it was not designed for blonds. Therefore you may find the next chapter posted on Fanfic.net Actually a lot is what you read in Issue 8 and 9...the last half is what WOULD have been issues 10 and 11.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3902538/1/Maelstrom_1_Homecoming
    Rated M.

Have fun.