Fan Art: Transformers FanFilm

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Autobloto, Feb 5, 2007.

1. Autobloto

Autobloto Active Member

I have a proposal

I wish to assemble a group of some of the finest artist on the board to revamp ONE episode of generation 1, making it into a 3D CGI episode with improved camera angles and effets.

Im quite a compitent modeler myself and can turn out some high detail models and im good with animations but i suck at textures and skeletons.

Anyone interested?

i thought we cud base the designs off of the alternators, masterpiece and classics lines tho it doesnt have to limited to that if anyone has any good ideas

i realise this will take a lot of time and effort but i think its well worth it

2. prime_force

prime_force Prime Force Art

Hi, sounds interesting. This is an idea i have had for a while myself too. Id be happy to talk about it and see what i can do if your interested. Thanks.

3. Star Cracker

Star Cracker Well-Known Member

a little bit of advice when proposing a 3D collab is to post some of your past work.

Saying one knows how to model and actually being able to model are two very different things and unless your posting regularly, people are very wary.

Just my two cents worth.

4. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Digital art monkey

Had a similar idea some time back...wanted to revisit MTMTE (yep, all three eps), with War Within designs for the pre-Earth/Cybertron sequences, but just simply didn't have the time.

Still don't, but someday, someday...

Regardless, best of luck!

5. Autobloto

Autobloto Active Member

Sadly, i've had a series of mechanical malfuctions tht has resulted in the loss of all my previous work but heres something i've done in the past day especially for this project

[​IMG]

6. bobby_C

bobby_C Well-Known Member

Methinks you need to settle for something shorter than a full episode for a first try. Do a single selected scene, it'll be just as a challenging but you'll see completion sooner, and still see what it takes to coordinate a team on this sort of project. Most of the difficulties you'll encounter will be the same as for an episode, and you'd better have them all figured out *before* you start an episode-length project.