Transformers family relations, procreations and Energon

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jul 7, 2011.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

In TF1 we are introduced to the Allspark an object able to breath life to machines.It emits an energy that we later learn as Energon. Optimus and company describe themselves as Autonomous Robotic Organisms. We are also introduced that these Transformers have something called a Spark.

Come ROTF we are introduced to family relations and the hatchlings. The Seven Primes being the ancestors of Optimus, who are brothers and are also referred as his brothers by the Fallen in a familial sense. Mudflap and Skids being Twin brothers. The Arcee sisters have the same personality.

We also learn Transformers live with Energon their life blood so to speak as said by Jetfire. Without it they age and die.

What is the difference between an Allsparked appliance and a Cybertronian like Optimus or Megatron? Optimus, Megatron and others of their kind have Sparks.

Which we see clearly with Jetfire and the Fallen we see Sparks as Energon organs.

So how do they procreate and these "genetic" familial relations work?

The DOTM novelization gives an intriguing way for Hatclings to be kept alive. Megatron feeds them his own Energon.

Lets say Sparks are artificially created. To give life to a protoform Hatchling these are granted lifeless Sparks. It comes to life as a Transformer parent gives his own Spark Energon for the Hatchling to be born.

This is essentially similar to the Allspark giving a lifeless machine life.

The process I described explains how Transformers can have familial relations. Brothers for Primes and Twins, sisters for Arcee, father and mother for Jetfire. That also explains how Optimus and Sentinel are Royal Blue Bloods of the Autobots. Being direct descendants through Spark Energon passed down from one generation to the next.

2. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What about the first transformers, were they machines that were brought to life by the All Spark?

Did biological beings control them?

Where did their sparks come from?

In other words, which came first, the spark or the transformer?

3. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    Dang!!! That makes so much sense! I've been wondering about this stuff since the first movie. That bit about Megatron and the hatchlings answers a lot of questions. The Fallen was probably "feeding" the hatchlings on the Nemesis as well, since he had all those wires attached to him.

Nice thinking there, Redwolf!

4. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i believe that the all spark was naturally created and crashed into cybertron which created the original primes. those primes figured out how the all spark worked, carved it into a cube, carved thier language onto, and created the transformers race

5. RedWolf

Given that there are primitive Cybertronian lifeforms Transformers had their own evolutionary ladder. Starting off as feral creatures with eventually survival of the fittest coming into play.

Ironhide commented Humans are violent and primitive. Optimus responded "Were we any different".

6. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Dinasty of the Primes was born from the Allspark itself.

7. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

i think he meant that in a way such as that even though the TFs are so advanced look how they have been acting toward each other. Can they really call themselves civilized or non-voilent?

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I always followed that same thing.

Just one thing I thought about the Prime Dynasty, though:
    Instead of the process you described, I imagined the Original Primes using the AllSpark to create new individiduals, those individiuals would carry some of their [The Primes'] traits, thus creating the Prime Dynasty.

9. RedWolf

For the Decepticons they probably devoted much of their Energon stocks building an army.

Which probably why they had the Autobots outnumbered. With the Autobots credo of Freedom they likely didn't turn to building an army just to be plunged into war as fodder.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think the Decepticons might also have stolen Autobot Hatchlings for their army building [while the Autobots obviously wouldn't to the same thing].

11. RedWolf

One thing to note the Decepticons tend to have more varied bodies Autobots.

Which makes me think they are specifically engineered or upgraded. For example Wheelie called himself a Scrap Drone.

Decepticons also have more brutish and primitive types like Devastator, Driller and that giant Ravage types on Cybertron.

Frenzy, Alice, Laserbeak these are Cons engineered for infiltration.

Scalpel types are repair drones.

12. crankcaseFTW

crankcaseFTW Well-Known Member

thank you redwolf! i made a thread about this and no one actually gave me a theory as good as this, i also thought maybe the females could have those protoform hatchlings wired up inside them like in the chest area next to the spark, then when they're ready, they hatch out into the world kind of like pregnancy? idk just a thought

13. Russian fan

Russian fan Autobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    One could imagine a beautiful legend about how some God (for example Primus) created the first seven Primes from his own flesh, his blood became Energon, he has poured it into their veins, but they couldn't stand up, he has begun to cry and has smeared their joints by his own tears - tears became oil... And at last he has broke his own soul and each part of it became a Spark of the First Primes. So he sacrificed himself for the sake of their lives. And all that's left from him - became The Allspark ... It also explains that sometimes Allspark acts as a living thing: it killed Megatron, spoke with Sam through visions, etc. On the other hand the question of type "whence did God appear?" is usually no one asks :) 

14. crankcaseFTW

crankcaseFTW Well-Known Member

i'm guessing that hatcheries would not be found back on cybertron seeing as though all made via that are drones really, the next generation made for war only, not much brains at all really. i imagine pure drones would be made by pure energon, because they have no imprint of another's spark so no relation, just them. i guess all those hatchlings are evil being hooked up to the original decepticon and not much better with megatron giving them life :L