Transformers Fall of Cybertron Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Zikmaster1000, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Zikmaster1000

Zikmaster1000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay, first off, I can't belive the day is finally here. It's finally August 21st 2012, I remember when the first Cinimatic trailer came out almost a year ago. But it's finally here, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron the sequel to 2010's Transformers: War for Cybertron. All the greats are back Like Optimus Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream, Soundwave, and with some new ones like Grimlock, Cliffjumper, Metroplex and Bruticus. But how does it hold up...

Right away from first playing the game I could tell it has a diffrent and unique feel to it that WFC did not, I enjoy looking at the background art and the scenery I almost feel like I'm there on Cybertron, and yes like they said in the interveiws I do feel that the scenery and location was designed for the character, when you are playing as Jazz I find that he and his ability are a perfect match for that area. I do enjoy the single player aspect to it instead of having two others accompanying you.

One of the things that I will have to work on is the Weapons, I loved the weapons for WFC, but for FOC, some of them are done well, some of the not, I mean look at the Thermo Rocket Launcher compared to Bumblebee or Cliffjumper, it's almost like the size of their body, they would need two hands. I think some of them are oversized and maybe a little to big, however maybe the creators were going for that, some of the weapons in WFC almost had a human weaponry look to them, like they almost looked human desinged, maybe they were changing them to look more alien, it's not a big problem it's just something I have to get used to and like I said some of them work like the Path Blaster.

Now for the characters, just like WFC, FOC characters are close to, if not, spot on perfect to the real characters. Okay let me be clearer, I find some of these characters closer to the real ones then they were in WFC or others. For example, I find Starscream is more like Starscream, he is ambitious, he takes control any time he can, he's reckless, he's ruthless, he will dispose of any who would challange him, and although he is voiced by the same person, I find his voice in this game sounds more like G1 Starscream, I also love Grimlock, shame he can't transform anytime you want but oh well, I love how he's voiced by his G1 Voice, however I didn't really here it being the same. It's Probably due to the time, he's gotten older since 1984.

I also love the character desings and redesigns, Optimus Prime has a new look, I find it looks more like Optimus then his WFC design, to me that one was almost to bulky. Bumblebee, uh I could do without the gold, Megatron, a little too much on the back, which it what you mostly see, Starscream, new shiny paintjob and he's had a little work done on his shoulders. Cliffjumper, how he almost has his Prime head since this is in the same continutity. Soundwave how he finally has his red visor.

Now for the story, the story is one of the main things in games that can make it a good game. If you have a bad story you have a bad game, unless the graphics and extras and everything else make up for it. This Story is great, first of all you can make anything from it, tons of ideas, The Autobots are preparing to leave Cybertron in the final days of Cybertron. They include an Exadous story, and two side stories within it, for The Autobots they have to fend off the Decepticons to protect The Ark, however in the process they lose alot of their saved Energon and have to find more, The Decepticons, Starscream manages to take power(I'm not telling why yet incase some people reading this havn't completed Chapter III yet) and tries to stop the Autobots from escaping, and you have The Dinobots sidestory. After a 4 year abscense(they were in Animated), The Dinobots fianlly reapear, and they are given a reboot that, if done right could be done in a live-action movie.

I find the graphics enjoyable, I noticed this in Multiplayer escpecially, when you die you don't just fall back, the way you die depends on how you die, like if you are killed withy a headshot, your head blows off, if you are in vheicle mode, you actually go up in flames, if you are killed by a rocket you are blasted into peices dempending on the damage, I do enjoy watching things blow up and I enjoy the fact the deaths are more detailed

All in all the story is amazing, the graphics are enjoyable, the background and scenery are superb, the characters are the real characters, it's full of easter eggs, it's more detailed, lots of good voice acting, abilites, it's addictive, this is one of the best, okay never mind one of this is the best game of the year I have played so far, but this game is deffenitly one of the best games of the year period, this game is well worth the 49.99-59.99 Price, so do yourself a favor and go out and buy this game now

2. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
  3. Zikmaster1000

Zikmaster1000 Well-Known Member

News Credits: