transformers exodus theme

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Magnus12, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

this is somewhat tf related, but i really just need help really bad right now.

So I was just doing my la reading assignment, and i chose the book tf exodus. i was wondering what a specific theme of the book was. i just came up with one, "stay true to your decisions, no matter what anyone says". I chose this because optimus always honored his decision to become an autobot, and megatron couldn't make him evil. please let me know what you think, and keep in mind la isnt my strong subject. :lol 
    thanks!

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's a nice thought man but maybe you should rephrease that a btit. The reason because while being confidant of your decisions is honrable it doesn't mean it's always the right or moral one. Maybe make it into something like "Stay true to what you believe in and to do what's right no matter the odds."

I hope this helps!:) 

3. Magnus12

Thanks a bunch man, I made some tweaks to it. This inspires me to talk about the part when prowl tells optimus there's no use building the ark, and optimus says that was his decision, and he will follow it.
    anyways thanks!!!! :) 

4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    "Do you own homework."

5. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Your welcome mate!:thumb 

6. Magnus12

I knew someone would say that.

My parents obviously dont know about tfs, and this is the only place I know where I can find grown ups who know more about tfs than me. I was tired as I have to get up for schools at 5:30 am, so I had to resort to this lol! I wasn't really asking for help, just for an opinion. :) 

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That's a pretty good way of putting it. That's almost the central tenet of the Autobot beliefs as they emerge in the book and other media, VS the Decepticon code of "Power makes right, the strong have the right to rule, and must claim victory at any cost". Although Megatron's early views come over as more honourable, there's always that element of "might makes right" in his thinking.

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Why didn't you do it before the night before? Do you parents figure out all your literature assignments for you?

Part of literary analysis is figuring out themes and such for yourself. Even if it's not "correct" (in terms of a generally accepted theme or the author's intent), whatever theme you choose is perfectly valid, so long as you can back it up with stuff from the work.

9. Magnus12

Cause i was finishing the book...
    It was a long break and it escaped my mind, mostly because i was practicing for the sats. Lol
    Thanks for the info though:) 

10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    The Evolution of Personal Idioms.

11. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Getting homework advise or opinion is the best thing you could have ever done.

If you have to choose any subject to write about, I hope you like it and understand it, so you can defend your thoughts and feelings, through out your paper.

Is that your thesis statement?

A suggestion:

make sure that you are use APA version 6 if you are quoting or you will get points taken off.

(Purdue OWL Website has good examples)

Just a hint from one student to another.

12. Magnus12

thanks everyone! I appreciate it :) 
    I didn't get to hand it in as I felt pretty sick the next day. It was fun doing an assignment on a topic I really liked. We had to answer some questions that only needed around like a two or three sentence answer, but i got carried away and gave one or two paragraph answers lol!
    again thanks!
    mods could close thread now.
    :D