Transformers Exiles and Transformers Prime Continuity *SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Thundercrackers, Oct 4, 2011.

1. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Laughed too hard here. When did Prime forum become this good?

2. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Beat me to the punch...by an hour and ten minutes.

3. AlexaStar

AlexaStar Starscream is love

I'm glad to see some female Transformers. I was hoping Exodus would at least drop the names of Arcee and/or Slipstream, but this book seems to make up for it.

I'm gonna have to pick this up as soon as possible.

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Thinking about it with the whole Space Bridges aspect and the number of Cybertronian junk in Prime I wonder if Earth was originally to be a colony planet like in Galaxy Force/Cybertron but the colonists started to kill each other over the Energon stockpiled on it.

I know Same Continuity Family not the exact same continuity. It would be addressed in a future book if so.

5. Thundercrackers

Thundercrackers Cybertonian Scholar

Actually, considering the Exile connections to Prime, I think it is just one continuity now, not a continuity family.

6. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Tantalising info. on the 13! Can't wait to get my copy of the book to read the details for myself.

So it seems there were hostilities amongst some of the Primes after the defeat of Unicron. But the murder of one of their number, Solus Prime, was the catalyst for betrayal and fallout. A female being the reason for dividing brothers, whilst cliche, does have the ring of a classic Greek myth to it, a story of lovers becoming murderers and brothers becoming enemies. This cements an unfortunate but distinguished place for Solus as the first female TF: she was the first and supposedly only casualty of the 13 and thus became the reason for fighting amongst the brothers; it was love that turned them against one another. It's like an epic Greek tragedy.

I find it interesting as well that Solus would love Nexus Prime, the combiner of the Primes. I can't help wondering whether the original concept for ROTF Arcee as a 'combining' trio might have influenced this choice of lover for Solus? Or perhaps, if my theory about Solus being the forger of Prima's Star Saber sword is true, she is linked to Nexus who is the keeper and guardian of the sword, who in turn is linked to Prima who was the wielder of the sword. Nexus may have been entrusted with the safekeeping of the Star Saber by Prima and it may also have been an object of sentimental value to him as it was the workmanship of his lover, Solus.

That implies the Fallen and Liege Maximo had a grudge against Nexus for reasons other than Solus' affections. Any indications for what those might have been?

7. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Nexus is described as somewhat of a trickster. Those two don't seem like they'd be very open to jokes.

He could have just annoyed them.

8. Girtherobot

Girtherobot Well-Known Member

I haven't read the books yet, but from what I am noticing with the 13 originals was that they had some issues. I see the 13 as one big dysfunctional family with two misfit jerks named Megatronus Prime (The Fallen) and Liege Maximo. Megatronus Prime kills Solus Prime because of he wanted to be a jerk and was jealous of Nexus Prime who Solus Prime loved. Liege Maximo betrayed the others after they defeated Unicron. Vector Prime, and Alchemist Prime disappear somewhere most likely because they were sick of the drama. Amalgamous Prime seems to have disappeared so he most likely decided to hide too. Solus Prime the only female and weapon smith who created The Quill, Star Saber, and other artifacts in the 13 gets killed by one of her own Megatronus Prime. Nexus Prime is still guarding the artifacts and separated into his five components while hiding from The Fallen and Liege Maximo. Prima who was the leader most likely wanted to facepalm and wonder to himself why he and Alpha Trion were the only normal ones out of the bunch. Prima is most likely hiding somewhere was well. Alpha Trion is still alive in Cybertron with The Quill and Covenant of Primus was Optimus Prime's mentor and seems to be the only one who is normal besides Prima. The Fallen and Liege Maximo were sealed and most likely got out of their seals. Primus you sure did a good job creating the 13 and giving them nothing to do after Unicron was defeated did you?

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    That's a good thought there's Ancient Cybertronian (The Language of the Primes) Modern Cybertronian, there's Droidspeak like Minicons and Bumblebee seem to speak. and then English (Or Japanese maybe).

The Maximals would easily be able to read the later part in English the Autobots wouldn't be able to until they came to Earth (unless they could maybe decode the odd word) and it does not apply to them so they'd not know anyway.

But i'm muddling continuities here as the language issue applies to the Movieverse and TF Prime and Beast Wars don't exist in the same Universe.

But there might be a TF Prime version of the Beast Wars or even a Prime/ (one of the 13) who would be the great grand daddy of Maximals or Beast type Transformers... a sort of 'Primal Prime' if you like.

It would be funny if Primal Prime (The Optimus Colour version of Optimal Optimus) was a (proper) Prime the whole time and never knew it.

10. Cevel

Cevel Well-Known Member

I thought Amalgamous Prime was the one who was the trickster of the group?

Man, it sure sounds like both Unicron and Prime are pretty deadbeat parents, doesn't it? :lol  Unicron wasn't even aware of humanity until Optimus told him about us, and afterwards called us "parasites". Now we find out that Primus created created thirteen Transformers for the sole purpose of defeating his brother Unicron, and afterward he just buggered off and left his creations all alone to fend for themselves.

11. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    One's the trickster and the other's a prankster. I have no idea what the difference is between those two terms but I could very well have gotten them mixed up.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Trickster: Hey guys! When I sent you all off on a wild goose chase after Unicron, I made it possible for Megatronus to take the opportunity to kill our sister! Ha ha, isn't that funny?

Prankster: Hey guys! Guess what was in the energon punch! You'll never guess!

See the difference?

13. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    ^That's probably the best possible example for this topic.

14. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    I get the feeling that Makeshift isnt the only descendant of Amalgamous. I get the feeling that pretty much all Multi-changers descend from him. Just a vibe, and since, based on what we know about them (and whats been said) that Hasbro won't be making the 13, so I'm hoping that when/if a 3rd Party makes them, they have Amalgamous as some sort of Multichanger lol.

15. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    So what kind of pranks would a Prime pull on his brothers?

Nexus: Hey Megatronus, your head's on fire!

*Megatronus waves his hands over his head frantically.*

Nexus: Hah! Made you look, bro!

Megatronus (muttering): Stupid rzzmfrzzm...*grumbles*

:lol 

When you put it that way... :lol 

I'm sure the 13 had plenty to do after defeating Unicron. Y'know, guiding the rise of the early Cybertronian race from the Well of Allsparks and all.

Since Megatronus and Liege Maximo seemed to share more in common than any of the other Primes, perhaps they could have had an alliance and something close to a bond before the defeat of Megatronus/the Fallen, and this may have been what prompted Liege Maximo to betray the Primes after the fall of Megatronus/the Fallen. Maybe the second betrayal by Liege Maximo was an act of vengeance for the defeat of Megatronus who he was close to. It is possible that Liege Maximo may have created the first would-be Decepticons based on the the Fallen as inspiration, his mark of respect for his 'fallen' brother' and a way to get back at the other Primes and their descendents who betrayed him and Megatronus in his eyes.

And I'm guessing Prima was still around after the defeat of Unicron and when the murder of Solus occurred. Presumably he was the one to defeat Megatronus/the Fallen. But did he dissappear after that (before the second betrayal by Liege Maximo)?

16. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Something I'm confused about. Megatronus Prime loves Solus who loves Nexus. Fairly standard love triangle plot. Now, why does Megatronus kill Solus? Wouldn't killing Nexus make more sense?

17. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    "If I can't have her, no one can."

18. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    That would make more sense if he killed Nexus first and Solus still wanted nothing to do with him.

19. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Nexus is a gestalt distributed across universes; if I'm remembering correctly. Solus was probably easier; plus she may have [perhaps violently, she was a warrior after all] rejected Megatronus. It could have been an act done out of rage, instead of premeditated.

20. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    The Fallen's getting one at least