Transformers Energon and Cybertron

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prime crotch, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Prime crotch

Prime crotch Well-Known Member

I never saw neither of these shows but are they worth it? One thing it bothers me is the Transformers design that just looks well to blocky specially Prime on Energon.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Cybertron is a great show. I can't speak for the dub, but Galaxy Force is one of the best TF shows I've ever seen.
    Energon is alright. Starts out okay, some of the dialogue is so mangled that it is unintentionally hilarious, and the first arc up to episode 26 is pretty intense and gripping. After that it loses its way a little, in my opinion. It's worth watching for the first half, the latter episodes have some very good fights (episode 39) but by the end of it, you feel sort of unsatisfied. If it ended at 39 it would probably have been a lot better, the last arc kinda ruined it.

3. AlphaTrion23

AlphaTrion23 Banned

If you can manage to, watch Super-Link first. That way you can at least get the Energon story that the dub totally ignored.

Cyb and GF are both fun, but Cyb makes fun of itself too much.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

dont even try it...you'll hate TF even more.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Go to tvnihon.com and get their subs of both series if you want to see the good versions of Energon and Cybertron. The US dubs are horrible and not worth your time, in japanese they're good though, Galaxy Force especially.

6. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

both are excellent shows in Japanese. English dubs suck. Kinda like Gundam SEED actually....

Anyway Jap. version > English Dub seems to be the general consensus.

7. AlphaTrion23

AlphaTrion23 Banned

That's the kind of behaviour that makes being in a fandom so stupid

The show sucks..why? because I said so fanboy. That's not an argument, it's a blind opinion stated as fact.

Ignore this guy, and decide for yourself, Prime Crotch.

8. Prime crotch

It would be soooo cool if someone uploaded the episodes to youtube *hint *hint

9. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Truth be told....I kinda liked Cybertron more than GF, but that's just my opinion.

But Superlink rocked! Energon...meh, not so much.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Not really. For everyone who claims "JAPANESE VERSION IS ALWAYS SUPERIOR THAN ENGLISH DUB", there' someone who thinks that Energon/Superlink stinks in either version past episode 7 (although the English dub sure adds a lot of crap to the pile), whereas Galaxy Force is extremely dull and boring in the Japanese version and the English dub is the only thing that makes the show even remotely worthwhile.

Again, there's no consensus. I see a lot of people claim "JAPANESE > ENGLISH", others insist "BOTH are crap, but Cybertron in English > both shows in Japanese > Energon in English".

You'll never, ever find a consensus in this fandom. Hell, there's even Transformers fans who hate TRANSFORMERS.

11. MagiRanger

MagiRanger Banned

Ebay:
    So you want to watch the episodes in horrible quality and probably not be able to see the subs? Trust me, take the time to get the episodes from Tv-Nihon's BT tracker or IRC channel.

12. OmegaScourge

well, he asked is it worth it....well, that was my opinion, i dont think its worth it....yeah, he could of just watched and decided for himself, BUT HE ASKED...when people ASK, the only thing you can do is GIVE YOUR OPINION...and like Nevermore said, i like the Classics and Alternator lines but not the cartoon toy or show line.

and back to topic, Prime Crotch....you can find them through torrents or wait til they come out on DVDs (Energon had almost all on DVD now)...or try youtube (seems like you can find everything on there now)

13. Prime crotch

meh I don't have the time and download limits to spend to get the entire series I mean they're like 50 eps each right?

14. OmegaScourge

with torrents, it could take a day or more...depends on how much people are sharing the files you need...i was able to get all of the Masterforce (40+ eps) in about a day.

15. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Cybertron is a great show. The dub uses a lot of strange accents for the TFs, but nothing worse than some of the voices they used in season 2 of G1. It's pretty faithful to the Japanese version, too.

Energon is shit. Major plot points are mistranslated in the dub, the plot frequently contradicts itself, the major plot actually ends about 15 episodes before the series does, and the voices are so generic its hard to tell who's speaking. Avoid at all costs.

16. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    True, but don't forget, some people have a bandwidth limit. Not all of us have unlimited, uncapped connections, unfortunately. And not everyone can use torrents, either, as some ISPs block them.

17. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Could always go to iaconhub for your episode needs....

I didn't really bother with Energon. Maybe someday if I'm really bored - but as much as I liked the toys I didn't care for the show. It didn't grab my attention.

Cybertron, on the other hand, I loved just about every minute...well, except for the Power-Ranger-like stuff with Optimus Prime. And I love the toys to death.

18. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Transformers Energon has an okay storyline that seems to lose it's place. The series is entirely made up of trying to destroy Unicron *AGAIN* before he ressurects. Then, after the outcome of that battle, it's like they quickly produced another handful of episodes to show off repaints and the combiners. Energon is the weaker series between the two. And there's only, again, a handful of moments that didn't translate well, such as the death of Demolisher and Ironhide's' reaction.

Transformers Cybertron is a well paced show with proper emotion shown throughout. I would say that it is the best "dubbed" show since Robots in Disguise, which was very well done if you can get past the humor in it. The only downside? If you hate anime-esq transformation sequences shown over and over again, fear for your life -- they do this *AND* talk through it, usually motivational speeches about friendship, teamwork, and courage.

19. BowB4Prime

BowB4Prime arse dimples

i didnt get to see armada..... i did see energon, and am working through cybertron daily.... energon was mildly entertaining, but i like cybertron alot...../

20. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Which, in fairness, is better than Galaxy Force, where they just run the stock sequences with no additional dialogue over them.