Transformers=Egyptian gods?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Torque, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    anyone think that its possible that the "egyptian gods" are actually Cybertronians? maybe the Fallen's head looks like the head of Annubis, though they drew it to look like a jackal's as it was the only thing they could draw. or maybe some other egyptian god.

2. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Id think the fallen would be more like Ra because of the Fire, but since we don't know if he will be a living inferno, he could be Annubis, I think this idea makes complete sense.

3. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

I could buy that. Might be interesting to see them play around with the mythology like that.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Ra is the other one i was thinkin of, couldnt spit out the name-would be fitting, if he is on fire. or it would be sort of a homage if he was Ra to the fire thing if he isnt on fire

5. 13eelzebub

13eelzebub Well-Known Member

I originally thought that the transformers could even be egyptian monsters. There are also some other countries involved in the filming tho right? Like something about motorcycles in shanghai china.

Theres a possibilty that the mythology might not be limited to egypt.. maybe even to the ancent greeks and chinese.

EDITTED.With the information that the allspark is dated around 10000 bc... WHICH is also the time the lost city atlantis sank.

An article I found intresting whle browsng around lol.
    Ancient Egyptian Culture

I kind of wonder if the allspark was what sank atlantis... the transformers might not be gods but they could be these mysterious atlanteans. After all, in the lore Eygptians learned their heiroglyphs from atlanteans.. And transformers also have heiroglyphics ;) 

6. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    This whole "TFs influence Earth mythology" idea is all well and good, but honestly I hope they don't go down the Egyptian god route, because then it would just be the exact plot of the movie Stargate.

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    interesting theory here with the gods thing, moreso with the atlantis thing
    atlantis is an awesome plot device, and i see it being used a lot more these days(i am in fact using it in the latter parts of my fiction) but i hope it doesn't get worn out.

8. PeterSkillenUK

PeterSkillenUK Well-Known Member

Hello stargate rip off!

9. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Egyptian monsters = YuGiOh!
    Pass.

It'd be interesting to tie some true earth history to the Transfromers, just as long as the tie-in isn't used to explain every little thing [Atlantis, Egyptian gods/monsters, Nessie (Magmatron?), Bigfoot, Chupicabra...]

10. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sideswipe does look like Anubis

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm just a bit torn on the prospect.

On one hand it's been done plenty of times in sci fi so we know it's a plot point that Joe Average is going to accept. Also the chance to perhaps do some cool things with the older Transformers who came to Earth as god heads might look better than the heads we had in the first film.

On the other hand though it feels sort of over done. The idea that humans can't invent anything on their own that every thing we ever invent, make, and all our achievements are somehow us being parasites. Bad enough with the silly notion that everything from toasters to tanks came from Megatron now it's going to be everything humans have done is stolen from Cybertron. I mean how do we keep winning all these movies if we can't do anything but steal the tech of aliens?

12. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Simpsons did it.

13. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

A Very Likely Theory !!

14. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Many Egyptian gods are portrayed with animal heads and human bodies. I don't immediately see how they could be twisted to have been based on Transformers. Anubis has the head of a jackal on a man's body, not sure how the ancient Egyptians could think a giant metallic alien could look like a humanoid canine.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

But the movie universe isn't just G1 based so perhaps they could work animal like heads in on the Egyptian god Transformers as a nod to the Beast Wars series. Or even in G1 you had characters like Ravage and Laserbeak who's robot mode was an animal form so why not a robot with a human body and an animals head?

Ha ha, who knows it could even be part of how these robots were rebelling about something on Cyberton by changing up their robot modes to not look like the bots back home.

16. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Why does everyone always straight away compare it to Stargate? i mean, Stargate was(for a while, i think-never followed it) based on egyptian stuff, but it was solely based on that stuff. im just tossing it out there as something Bay might end up doing, not necesarily something i want to happen.

but i think that as just a little bit of background for the Fallen as Ra would be something that Bay might do with the way the current story is going and that it wouldnt be too terrible-something almost everyone can either accept or love. but it wouldnt be a huge thing, maybe something mentioned in passing, sorta like how they briefly mentioned the Arctic Circle explorations as Megatron's origins.

maybe Rain Wilson's character as a professor is an egyptology professor?

17. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    The myth of Horus had his body destroyed and scattered by Set. His faithful wife gathered the pieces and revived him.

If that can't be an analogue for an Autobot being blown to bits and rebuilt by his faithful and trusty friends, then nothing can. Not to mention the other possibilities.

Maybe the Egyptian Transformers took on the forms of animals, a la Beast Wars, and when the humans saw them transform they drew some conclusions from that?
    It's something new to Transformers even if it has been done to death by Stargate.

18. AMG

AMG Old School

This theory seems quite possible. An ancient civilisation seeing huge metallic shape shifting beings would most likely think they were some sort of Gods.

19. imwthstpd

imwthstpd that crazy fanboy

News Credits:
    Some of it makes sence...

Ra,sun god=The Fallen
    Hathor, music god=Soundwave
    Sekhmet, destruction god=Devastator
    ...ehh the rest i donknow the rest

20. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

Well I haven't been able to think of anything to contribute to this discussion and speculation, but I must say you guys have thought of and found some interesting stuff, though personally I wouldn't have wanted them to go down the Egyptian mythos route. It's been touched on so many times already in other movies/franchises.