Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. LeeeroyJenkins

LeeeroyJenkins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In Discord they were talking about how useful Bombshell, Kickback, Skrapnel, and Breakdown would be in the alliance raid mode.

2. ExiaDefensor

ExiaDefensor Well-Known Member

I think there may be truth in that but the same could be true for high damage abilities like galvatron, mm, or divebomb.

I wouldn't put much stock in anything yet till we actually see it. I mean thundercracker with the new aerial core may be a destroyer in that mode too?

I don't know how break down fits into their logic. He has no dodge ability and is an iffy bot imo. The insecticons are awesome in every mode imo though.

3. ExiaDefensor

With CT or tracks a walk team, with strategy and skill, can do some damage on a base. Basically, with 9 ability points a strong walk team can tear through walls, defenses, and be nearly to base from what I've seen. I use my 2* on a 3* team very effectively.

It's just another tactic though. There are defenses around it, but not enough for the complainers. It takes skill to even herd your bots to make it effective. It's a great skill, but far from game breaking.

Eh. I get breakdowns ability but I'm not impressed by it. Thunder can take down for longer, with greater range, and damage but only one target. Scrapnel can shock a good amount and dodge rounds but has smaller range. Imo bd is outdone by them. Not useless, just eh. Imo of course.

4. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I use Breakdown against missile launchers so I can then deploy Starscream against Beam Lasers while the launcher is shut down.

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    So, according to people on the VIP chat, the combo of Kup and Tracks can take down any maxed base. Which is odd, because I tried it in our Caminus league war and got my ass handed to me. I probably could have done a little better had I had any remaining ability points to use, but I didn't because they all went towards Tracks.

Of course, I was told that had my approach been "smarter" and "more skilled," I would have beaten the base easily. That seems to suggest that using Tracks/Kup requires a certain amount of skill... which seems to be an argument against the need for a nerf in the first place.

6. LeeeroyJenkins

LeeeroyJenkins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. And some other players mentioned that the top alliances are not getting clobbered in wars or losing boatloads of medals due to Tracks. I saw an SA rep this morning who mentioned that they are now looking into Tracks/CT ability strength. These same players will probably complain about the reduced ability when we're playing in Alliance Raids. I thought I was tired of hearing about bots hugging walls all the time (which is a much bigger and valid issue) but now I'm even more tired of the Tracks whiners.

7. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Wars are the only possible way that an "overpowered" Tracks would be an issue, and like you said, it's not one. Getting personally raided and losing to a squad with Tracks means absolutely nothing at the higher levels.

8. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    At this point I’ve accepted that my base will be beaten and probably fairly routinely. I’d love to win the medal for the successful defense and hate to lose one for a defeat, since all I play for now are the medals and XP, but I accept that anyone from a top team can take my silver-cored base relatively easily. The bots they deploy are beasts and there isn’t much I can do about it. Oh well, it’s just one medal and some uttely useless resources.

9. DeathShock

DeathShock Well-Known Member

LOL I was just telling you that you don't actually NEED those bots to be successful in the game. BUT, if you have other reasons you need them (which were not clearly stated) then I stand corrected

10. DeathShock

Not criticism, or at least not meant to be. Just trying to help!

11. DeathShock

Well, maybe a very poorly designed HQ16 but in that case, that won't be the only squad that could defeat it

12. ExiaDefensor

I believe there is a rather long list of bots that can one shot maxed mortars at 54/7 or 56/7?

Galvatron, starscream, mixmaster, blitzwing, just to name a few from what I've read and understand.

Just to clarify, you're aware that snarls "alt mode" is actually his robot mode. I'm not trying to be a jerk or insinuate anything but that was a point of confusion when the new core came out.

Is there any word what this wall cost update coming on the fourth is?

13. DeathShock

Your 10th squad slot will unlock when you hit 100k. It's not hard to hit, as I'm closing in on 160k and have never played my decepticons. So I wouldn't waste any fuel on decepticons cuz you're only cheating your autbots of XP. If you're okay with weaker autobots then that's your choice. In case you don't already know, once they get to the late 40's/50's they take forever to level.

For the Amalgamous Prime core, there's other bots you could also put it on. I put mines on my Firefly and now he can one shot maxed mortars. Other bots I heard it's good on is Swoop, Star Saber, Sky Lynx as well as gunners like AB, Sunny, Jazz, etc. This is the first I've heard of putting it on Snarl.

As far as combiners are concerned, I'd worry first about unlocking the 3 star because only then can you start taking them up levels and it's going to be a while until they're actually useful.

14. DeathShock

Someone on here posted a maxed 5-star Jazz (lvl 60, ability 10) w/Jazz G1 core and he could still barely one shot maxed mortars.

My 5 star Firefly is 54/8 and can one shot maxed beam lasers/missile launchers. I threw amalgamous on him and now he can one shot maxed mortars, even w/health cores.

Skydive can one-shot maxed mortars at like 52/7 but his ability takes 10 seconds to destroy it, plus it gets expensive quick. Only other bots I know of are Ultra Mag (Galvatron) and SKy Lynx (Blitzwing), like you mentioned.

15. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

Amalgamous Prime core is a waste on gunners unless you immediately use their special a second time...typically they’re back in bot form by the time their specials hit, and their primary damage is in their bot form anyway.

Sky lynx maybe....if you chain his attack repeatedly (which is common)

But that core was made for Cheetor, Swoop and Tigerhawk and to a lesser degree (because his damage is subpar to begin with) Snarl.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lightmare

And yeah, you don’t “need” to level your cons for the 10th squad. But it sure helps when f2p...and sure, it’s cool to play both factions. But as far as raiding is concerned...if you’re lacking in sufficient autobots to take advantage of your full fuel, you either need to push them through the lab faster or use fewer bots in a team, which compounds the benefit of getting your bots stronger by increasing the experience they obtain in the battles.

17. Carnage73

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Which core(s) work best on BW Megatron: Attack or Vitality?

18. Carnage73

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    From a LINE chat I am, this photo was taken from the Discord chat about Tracks:

19. Lightmare

I ran rejuvenate before putting vector prime on.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Carnage73

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Sorry, the screenshot didn't upload correctly the first time.

Attached Files: