Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

The creators said in an interview that they originally wanted to do a cel-shaded aesthetic before Hasbro intervened.

2. Protostar

Protostar TOOOOOOAAAASSSSTTT!1! 1! 111! 11!!

Not sure what all the hate is for. I mean, I don't use money on the game and I'm perfectly fine with waiting. You can play and not pay, ya know?

• Like Like x 3
  3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Why did a bunch of crybabies show up?

• Like Like x 4
  4. Cyclonus79

Cyclonus79 Decepticon General

Ebay:
    Exactly. I have 2 accounts , 1 serious where I burn $20 here and there , and the other , more for just kicking around . People just don’t want to grind , an expect to be rewarded immediately. If you put the work in , it all pays off in the end as I’m finding out .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Some people get their enjoyment from whining and bragging about how they quit playing a game.

• Like Like x 3
  6. thePACE

thePACE Member

so there is drama even here lol

• Like Like x 2
  7. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The only thing you can’t buy directly in this game is xp. Those that don’t want to grind aren’t going to have bots that get stronger. That’s just how this game is. It’s not for everyone obviously. I enjoy the wars and doing my best each and every time we battle another alliance and to watch my bots get stronger. Those that don’t want to put in the effort will get booted from the good alliances and will ultimately stop playing the game. I found a spot where I don’t have to worry about that though so I’m still having a good time.

8. Big Bronze Rim

Haha apparently so.

9. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Hello there, I've made some Earth wars story-line text to speech you-tube videos, I have saved a lot of the story as it progressed so i can keep making more if theres interest.

• Like Like x 1
  10. noblekale

noblekale There can be only one!

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    If they would add more PVE content instead of PVP, I'd start playing again. It was a fun time killer, but after you beat all the non PVP stuff, you have nothing to do.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yeah, I found a great alliance where most contributed the same amount. We've all gotten stronger together and have a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 2
  12. zzyss

zzyss Well-Known Member

Powerglide? Yellow flames... tried to get a screenshot but kept missing it, LOL.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Big Bronze Rim

Yeah Powerglide has the equivalent flame thrower, just that it’s not green.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hellscream12345

Hellscream12345 One shall fall, you Prime!

thanks for letting us know that what you liked and didn't anymore, btw what else did you have for breakfast? Did you put peanut butter in your cereal too, we like to know that. By all mean let us know your 2 cent, we like to hear all the unrelated opinion, because we care.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Autobot Daniel

Autobot Daniel The Meme-Inator

You do realize I already apologized for posting a useless comment?

You’re the one posting useless information now.

16. Autobot Daniel

Really? That would’ve been so nice.

17. Hellscream12345

Hellscream12345 One shall fall, you Prime!

Oh thePACE, you are making a huge mistake, the drama in LINE apps is nothing compare to TFW2005, and I thought I found the haven here talking about the enjoyment of a phone game. Wait till you head to the 3rd party collectibles, people try to shoot each other head off over some brand loyalty or the foot placement of a plastic robot. Some people are just sour.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Autobot Daniel

Actually, I’m perfectly fine with grinding. I’ve grinded all the way through season 4 of Fortnite, which is no quick feat. I simply don’t find EW gameplay enticing.

But hey, to each their own. :) 

19. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
  20. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

"Relive the 80s" = cel-shading? Come on.

I, for one, appreciate the guys from the front page article jumping in with their criticisms of the game for a bit of variety. Otherwise this thread is mostly people who spend a lot of money on the game sharing pictures of their new 4 and 5 star bots which they've leveled to level gazillion, and that does get a little samey ;-)

Besides, it's a good point that the game is rigged, unbalanced and lacks single-player campaigns. Space Ape could choose to add in a few different shaped base maps and a level editor so that players could make and share custom missions. You could have solo missions for particular characters.

And they could choose to fix the bugs where your bots ignore outpost bots completely and get picked off by them, or get stuck on walls. They could make it less blatantly obvious that the resource rewards you get are lowered when you're already low on resources (to induce you to spend more on battle points) and raised when all your build bots are employed or you're near your limit (to induce you to spend money on skipping building times).

They could scale the requirements of events to the size of your alliance - not so much so that it doesn't pay to be in a bigger alliance, but at least so that it doesn't look like the game is screaming at you constantly to be in the biggest one possible where you can be peer-pressured into spending/playing more than you would normally.

But no, let's have paid-for cel-shading and slogan it with "Relive the 80s".

I mean, yes, there are aspects of this game that I like, obviously, but the general attitude of the developers/publishers - which I'm sure is in keeping with the F2P mobile industry in general - is fairly sinister to me. Everything is designed to tap you on the shoulder and hold out its hand for payment.

• Like Like x 1