Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Named crystals have almost double the chance of pulling a 4*, FWIW.

I have to say, these "Power of the Prime" cores look like massive fails to me.

2. rendsora

rendsora Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That looks like a 3P Motormaster (of some-sort).

3. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    He's ugly as!

4. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

And half the crystals in a mixed pack are named...the same amount you’d get from a named pack...and you get that number in premiums on top of it all, instead of useless energon. The spark would be nice but having another set of chances at a 4* or some silver/gold cores and shards is just as nice.

How are the cores fails? Even the micronus core is useful...how many people are wishing for 4* healers for their walk teams? Put micronus on one of the gunners and you can run one healer and fill the second slot with a one-shot flyer or another gunner.

This is what I got:
    211AD3CE-2F02-4C59-9416-31CE23D309AA.png

Which will be going on my Star Saber because I’m tired of outpost bots distracting him from doing his job.

5. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Got the Micronus heal core. Trying it out on healers and gunners right now.

6. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Think most guys would agree that this is the exception to that tactic. First HQ15, then the lab, put him in the oven and then continue upgrading. It only cost you the time of 1 bb the other 4 can continue with your chosen tactic

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  7. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Personally I’m shocked there are people that have been posting in here for months that are still upgrading their bases. I figured virtually everyone had a made HQ15 by this point.

Yes, upgrade your lab first to get your bots up to par. The level 50 upgrade is a huge one.

8. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    I think so, it's the only place I've seen his Crystal, other than his event.

9. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

I encountered a lvl 14 hq that had all lvl 1 walls so clearly rushing hq upgrades isn’t that uncommon.

10. Jwwu

Jwwu Well-Known Member

You won’t reach the level 60 cap on your 4*s for a very very long time. But I would echo the views of the others here that you should consider upgrading your base so you can continue to level up your Blaster.

Once you upgrade to HQ15, you will need to upgrade not just your Lab but also your Energon Storages to level up your bots to Level 51. The Energon costs are higher than what HQ14 Energon storage facilities can support. Each of those upgrades takes 14 days. You might want to take that into consideration.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    HQ 16 will be available soon.

12. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Walls are an extremely important part of the game, whether it be a time trap or directing bots to/around/into a killbox or weapon range. I do think you are right though that many players aren't in an alliance family with a lot of experience to help guide newer players about the importance of not rushing HQ upgrades and about proper base design. On our line chat we have amassed a repository of strong bases that we have either used or come up against in war if someone needs a new base.

Regarding your team, it's rather tank heavy, you might want to include a gunner or two and a healer in place of a tank.

Yeah, the when is the big mystery. I think it's going to ultimately be detrimental to the game as the amount of people that can currently beat a maxed lvl 15 are already slim.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    They'll need to starting changing how events are structured, if you ask me. We've started to see a *slight* uptick in 4-star shards as rewards... those need to be handed out a lot more. Or start having more guaranteed 4-star crystal events. Start doing more 5-star events.

14. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Definitely. 4* drop rates do seem to be up. Interestingly enough, I can't get a 4* dupe to save my life now that I'm close to a 5*. The bot progression is definitely much slower than the defense progression, which will make things that much harder. We currently can solidly compete in Cybertron, but will likely struggle against the top 5 powerhouses who already have bots that could tackle a lvl 16 hq.

15. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

As far as 4*/5* shard drops are concerned when it comes to hq16 and ability to fight maxed bases, I’d rather see more of those “super xp” events, or an across the board xp increase. Like, regular raiding in z12/13 giving as much xp as those zones give in standard events, and all events giving 3x. This evens out the xp gain throughout the week, gives f2p players a better xp gain curve, and still allows for spenders to powerlevel at the current rates because they’ll still wait for the weekend 3xp to use fuel bundles.

Having more 4/5*s is great, but if you can’t get them to 50+ in a reasonable amount of time, it’s moot because they become xp sponges while your core team sits idle.

16. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

I 100% agree with this. Overall I am happy with the bots I have, I would just like to progress them faster than I can, even spending 10K+ coins per event to power level. More bots just means that it takes longer to level them all and when youre trying to get your war bots to SA8 or 9, spark has to be spent carefully. With regards to "super xp" events, I think that would be awesome. On the last 3x weekend I got Jazz from 51 to midway through 52 during the event, which was quite nice. Id also like to see them implement what they do on the Chinese server where you can pay a monthly subscription for a daily 3x XP boost that's good for two hours when you start the timer. That would be a great way to be able to power level during the week and would definitely improve bot progression. The other thing I'd like to see is have an xp multiplier on war xp - i.e. - if you beat b1 you get 1x, b2 2x, b3 3x, etc. That would be a good way to get a little extra xp out of wars on the bots that really count - your war bots.

17. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim Veteran

Thoughts are it will come with hq 16.

On a side note, have impolite opinions been stated in this thread when discussing squads? I actually appreciate the discussion because there are always cool new combinations of bots to try and it's interesting to see other's take on a squad.

18. jyoda320

jyoda320 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    They've said that the 8th bot that "may" come with hq16 will be a "bot sharing" type thing like some other games have.
    Like borrow an alliance mates bot for a battle type thing.. Probably for a price of some sort.
    It's been in the code from their other game (Rival Kingdoms)... Which a lot of that was copied as the TFEW base code.

19. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Does a shared character gain xp? Would be a great way to help an alliance mate level up a bot.

Is a shared character subject to cool down? Say I share a character and an alliance member uses it, do I have to wait for that character to cool down before I can use it?

20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Tough to say... I've never bought a chip bundle.