Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    the models for Sky Lynx and Blitzwing are in today's VIP newsletter.

2. sinistarrsultan

sinistarrsultan Well-Known Member

If skylynx will be the counterpart to blitzwing, I suppose they are going to massively scale down his model. It would actually be neat if they changed the generic shuttle they use in the autobase to actually be skylynx that transports them. Then maybe a boost or unlocking the character allows you to send him in for an attack in battle, a la a combiner.

3. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Sky lynx would need an epic skill though, probably with a hefty price tag.

Not gonna lie, I think Sky Reign would be fun to see show up. The Decepticons are a few teams ahead of the Autobots if I'm not mistaken and Sky Lynx is the last both needed for Sky Reign.

4. Tilarta

Tilarta Well-Known Member

As far as I know, every Autobot Combiner team currently ingame is equaled by a Decepticon Combiner team.

Sky Reign:
    Generations formation:
    Sky Lynx, Hound, Wheeljack, Trailbreaker, Smokescreen
    Unite Warriors formation: Sky Lynx, Wheeljack, Hound, Trailbreaker, Ratchet.
    In both iterations, we are missing Trailbreaker, so I'd assume he is needed before we see Sky Reign deployed.

Also, since I've never seen an Autobot Combiner released without a Decepticon Combiner to copy their abilities, this might be a reason why we won't see Sky Reign for a while.
    Since I am unaware of his Decepticon equivalent at this time.
    Not counting the Stunticons, I think that only leaves Abominus/Terrorcons, since his core unit HunGurr is the only one ingame at the moment.

5. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Really hope it will take awhile since i want Victorion alot more.:) 
    But since this game isn't really matching up bots and cons we would think at first with not always the abilities we would create think it's more about do they have a combinerteam in mind.

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Welp, it finally happened. Cracked a 4* crystal and got Silverbolt, which completed 4* Superion.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Abominus is most likely, though if I'm not mistaken they uses Sky Reign's mold to make Leo Kaiser, so who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Tilarta

I looked up that version of LeoKaiser, Deathsaurus is the core unit.
    The question is whether the decision is made to choose Abominus over LeoKaiser for development.
    Either way, it'll still require them to design 4 new Decepticons for the limb units.

Congattlinglations. :thumb :mail 

I've been testing Drag Strip's holobombs against shock towers a lot and every time without variation, it takes 3 uses of the ability to diminish their health significantly:
    DS_st01.PNG
    It's never enough to completely destroy them, so another member of Team Stunticon has to finish the job, usually Wildrider with his sniper shot.
    Based on this data, I am wondering if Holobombs aren't very effective against shock towers.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  9. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

Shock towers are the highest health defenses in the game and you’re using a skill designed to attack resource buildings.

Just a thought.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. PhaseSixer

PhaseSixer Well-Known Member

You do know that you can calculate what will or won’t destroy something just by looking at the stats of your characters and the stats of the buildings

And fyi using ability points on shock towers is suicide...let gunners take them out, use ability points on beam lasers, mortars and missle launchers

11. Tilarta

@PhaseSixer
    For the most part, it was a test of whether or not a higher level+skill upgrading of Holobombs could overwhelm the shock tower of a lower level, for baseline data gathering.
    The next stage of the test will take a lot longer, since it'll require the acquisition of a 4* Drag Strip and that's unlikely to happen for years (because I have a list of 4* Autobots I want and won't work towards any 4* Decepticons until those unlocks are achieved).

I always target the Shock Towers with Swoop or Cosmos, depending on which one is available.
    Swoop destroys it, Cosmos disables it.
    But not all teams have them available to deploy, which was another part of the test, determining which other abilities are most effective against shock towers.
    So far, any Aerial bombardment character is also suitable, provided they use a damage based ability that isn't a debuff or EMP based.
    Just as long as it's not Windblade or Divebomb, since they land near the shock tower after their attack run.

Ground Bombardment also might be a possibility, but the only one I've tested extensively is Rust Dust's Artillery Support.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    It'd be nice if you could get bombers to go and target shock towers while everyone else avoids them, but that's just not the world we play in. Any strategy that can eliminate the shock tower, even a weak one, quickly and with minimal trouble is useful. Perceptor and Cosmos help disable it for a bit, but there are few options permanently dealing with them beyond rushing them. For all that other defenses can hit harder, shock towers are the most persistant threats, even more so when they have enemy outposts and/or stasis mines placed near them. Especially since attackers have a bad habit of going after defenses that hit harder first and defenders can drag out the confrontation easily.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Alliance prestige event this weekend for shards and spark.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Anyone have any clue when the next base upgrade is coming, I have 2 mines and 2 bits of wall till my base is maxed out.

I guess after I finish my walls I'll just work on power leveling my 4 stars.

15. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It's in the works. I've heard that screenshots of the new HQ are out there somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Big Bronze Rim

Big Bronze Rim ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pretty stoked. I pulled a 4* and two 3* springers today. Also managed to get a gold VM core from the dupe.

17. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

Event done. About 800 4*, 8-900 3*, and 600 5* shards total. Pretty damn good event. Got a 4* astrotrain from ten crystals on my con account.

18. Tilarta

Nice to Meet Me (Sky Lynx and Blitzwing introduction video)
    Unusual dialogue there, in the cartoon, he didn't have any issues with taking orders from Earth Military Command.

It looks like they based him off the Combiner Wars toy:
    SLtcmp01.PNG

But he's not quite the same, I can see the Lynx head folded into the legs module.
    SLtcmp02.PNG
    In the toy, the head is further back in the shuttle module, since it becomes the head of Sky Reign when they merge.

Is it possible that they may be making Sky Lynx into a TripleChanger?
    ModeTransforming.PNG
    That he'll transform into Lynx Mode for his ground power and shuttle mode for his air power.
    In the comic, he did this, improbable as it looked.
    Where did his shuttle/dinobird module go when he transformed into Lynx mode?
    It's the only way that Sky Lynx will be able to employ the dual mode mechanic of TripleChangers, if Blitzwing comes with those abilities.

Could this be a reference to the Transformers Animated version of Blitzwing?
    BWitext01.png
    The process responsible for making Blitzwing into a TripleChanger also made him crazy.
    It gave him multiple personalities, which sounds like the description above.
    If his jet mode uses ice attacks and his tank mode fire attacks, then we'll know for certain they are referencing that Blitzwing.

20 Magnificent Crystals.
    125 5* shards, 200 4* shards, 425 3* shards.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  19. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I'd say its pretty much guarenteed Sky Lynx is going to be used as a triple changer. Funny considering that makes him a vehicle with 2 robot modes. Of course I'd still prefer his duo-bot original form or even the Sky Reign combiner, but what are ya gonna do?

As far as his transformation, perhaps the wings will retract into the shuttle and he'll flip over so the blue lynx side is up? It'll bear a look at in his character gallery to watch him tranform.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    managed to get 480 5* shards from the event. Now sitting at 3155/5000. If they would do one of these every other month, I could have a 5* before the end of the year!!!

/sarcasm

• Like Like x 2