Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Tilarta

Tilarta Well-Known Member

The most expedient method would be to have Swoop/Scourge target the shock tower and watch everything get burned to the ground.
    If they're using a honeycomb wall defence strategy, have Sludge fire his rockets into the central position and the resonating charge should have the same effect.
    I'm uncertain if Ultra Magnus and Rust Dust have the radial area necessary to target that wide a group.
    Dustup can do a wide area targeting, but her targeting is fairly random, she might end up hitting as much empty space as targets.
    I haven't tested Springer/Astrotrain enough to know if their rocket barrages can cover the same area.

In my personal experience, Mirage/Breakdown are more of a cone area attack, that they'll hit everything behind the central target, but not targets in front of it.
    Silverbolt does a reasonable AOE disable.
    I have no data on Star Saber, I've never used him.
    Air Raid though, I found ineffective because his power is timed and requires another damage dealer to support his attack. If the shock tower isn't destroyed by the time the Fusion Bomb debuff wears off, then nothing happens.

But to clarify, I was referring specifically to disables or targeting inversion of the shock tower.
    Basically, my theory is that if it's done enough, it might be learned that what was intended as a defence is actually being turned back against the defender and may result in that tactic being abandoned.

I truly believe that with tactics, there isn't a base defence strategy that can't be beaten.
    It is after all, a player fighting a preprogrammed simulation and that's always a one sided battle in favor of the player!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  2. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

Perceptor/Bombshell. The end.

For someone who constantly analyzes and formulates theories about this game to the degree that you do, you’re pretty bad at actually researching what the hell you’re talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    I don't see much point to taking control of the Shock Tower over simply destroying it. Unless there's a marked level difference between it and it's neighbors, I have yet to see it do significant enough damage in the time you have it hacked and under control. At best, you're just buying time for it not to be beating on you.

4. Tilarta

There is that advantage as well.
    With the Shock Tower controlled, I assume it can't damage the ground team, which could possibly be used to reserve any aerial bombardment specials for another target.

CPcomp01.PNG
    Based on these tooltips, Cosmo's disable will last longer, buying more time then Perceptor can.
    And if the Shock Tower should happen to be destroyed before the timer expires, he'll move to a secondary and tertiary target until his attack run is complete.
    I have no data if upgrading the level of Perceptor's Defense Hack will prolong the duration of the special.

While Cosmos cannot target a base defender with his initial attack, it is possible for him to target them with a subsequent attack.
    It was entertaining to watch a base defender join the Autobots in attacking his own base!

But my primary reason for favoring Cosmos over Perceptor is he's also dealing damage with his Control ability.
    And that is what I really wanted, another Aerial Bombarder similar to Swoop.

5. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Cosmos is a flying tank to Perceptor's nimble microscope.

6. slucky

slucky Active Member

i dont remember it correctly but it seems to dmg your bots if its in range of the shock tower. Anyways, perceptor's special cause the shock tower to do much more dmg (1.5 times normal) which is better in most cases when you want to clear defenses.

7. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Agreed. Fusion Bomb is the worst ability to use on a shock tower directly. I like the ability against certain base setups, though.

And, it can target outpost bots, too. So if you have Air Raid/Slipstream and Smokescreen/Breakneck on the same team, that's usually a pretty easy one-two punch.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Cliffjumper and Star Sabre's abilities work pretty well together for clustered bases. Expensive beyond belief, yes, but anything that isn't destroyed at the end of the attack is easy pickings.

9. sinistarrsultan

sinistarrsultan Well-Known Member

On the other hand, while the defensive hack doesn't deal damage to the structure itself, Perceptor is still out there shooting away at the base with his pea shooter.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tilarta

I decided to investigate that and see what happened:
    STctest01.png
    From my observation of this test scenario, Hotspot and Pipes were completely unaffected by the Shock Tower while Cosmos is controlling it.
    I didn't see their health bars move at all during the time they took to pummel the shock tower into the ground.
    For additional information, that little bit of Pipes' health bar that is missing was caused by the Shock Tower before Cosmos changed it's targeting protocols.

This was complicated to set up, I had to use two additional tank rushers to distract the ring of weapons emplacements so Hotspot and Pipes could get close enough to provide accurate data.
    You can see a little of Jumpstream pounding a turret in the upper right.

Video clip here:
    Controlled Shock Tower

11. jyoda320

jyoda320 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There used to be a bug where your bots got damaged when Perceptor controlled a shock tower, but it was fixed months ago.

• Like Like x 1
  12. sinistarrsultan

sinistarrsultan Well-Known Member

They really need to fix Cosmos' targeting AI..I find he's constantly targeting a build bot or a resource building after the main target gets destroyed. Maybe if you hack a build bot, it should repair your own bots :) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Tilarta

@sinistarrsultan
    I've seen Cosmos do this a few times and it's quite baffling.
    It is pointless to target an inanimate object that can't damage your team.

They should modify his Special Ability to work similar to Optimus Primal's, in that it can only target Defenses.

14. jyoda320

Ebay:
    This weekend 200k alliance event

Next weekend (12/29 - 1/1) Individual

Weekend of 1/5-1/8 60 crystal event for Jetfire/Megatron specific Cores.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    What's the grand prize for this weekend? Gold shards?

16. Deth

Deth Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. jyoda320

Ebay:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    That isn't awful, but it isn't great either.

At least I won't be grinding on Christmas eve.

19. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
  20. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    So I want to assemble a team of Wreckers as a sort of joke. Who should be in all seven slots? My Wreckers so far:
    Ultra Magnus
    Springer
    Drift
    Kup
    Hot Rod
    Alpha Bravo (yay Masters and Mayhem)
    Perceptor

anyone got a suggestion to replace AB?