Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.
First gift as a VIP... 15 premium crystals!
Going to save mine for when they release battle cores. I know I am only going to get dupes anyway.
So I have been playing this game for exactly a month, and I got quite a few questions. Going through the older pages in this thread gave me a bit of an idea about certain stuff, but I still find myself to be confused.
-I'm HQ7, and I don't own a single 3* bot yet. Is this weird? Because I feel like I'm supposed to be having at least like 5 3*bots at this point.
-Is participating in events the only way to be getting crystals at a faster rate?(I don't plan on spending real life cash in the near future.)
-Is participating in alliance wars worth it? The alliance I'm in was recently demoted to Junkion league, and the rewards are not that great. (Also, it should be noted that this is the second war I'm participating in.)
-Some tips would be appreciated!
There's no guarantee that you'll have x number of three or four star bots by the time your HQ hits x. Three and Four star bots come from crystals or event prizes. Buying crystal bundles that contain "higher chances" to pull a specific character, or buying premium crystal bundles help you get better bots faster, but keep in mind Space Ape makes no (or very few) guarantees about getting specific characters. Claim your free crystals as often as you can (available every eight hours) as they have a chance to give you a one to three star bot. You might see a three star bot from a free crystal about once every couple of months.
Participating in events will dramatically increase your chances of getting three and four star bots. Many of the events, like the one coming this weekend offer as rewards three and four star crystal shards. Collect shards, redeem a crystal, have a chance at getting a bot you don't have. Events also offer increased experience for your bots, so they become stronger, faster. Find an alliance that is active in events, work as hard as you can on the weekends to contribute points and they can help you get event rewards which can include things like character crystals or guaranteed three or four star characters, and crystal shards and other stuff. Keep in mind though, the three and four star guaranteed characters are done in leaderboards and require lots and lots and lots of alliance points, so don't expect to be able to join one of those alliances without grinding super hard or spending money to catch up. As an example my alliance pushed really hard to finish this past weekend's event as quickly as possible so we could help our feeder alliance complete the event also. We were able to secure a four star dinobot crystal for not just our top 40 players, but our top 80 players.
Alliance wars are one of your best sources for spark, which is used to upgrade your characters' abilities, which makes them stronger and helps you clear defenses easier. The alloy and energon rewards can more easily be obtained through raiding bases, so you're right, those rewards are not particularly worth it, but the spark is.
- If you do spend money, the best money spent in the game is purchasing build bot bundles. Max your build bots at 5 and it will help your base building speed up dramatically. Generally, upgrade and build all your defenses to the max level before upgrading your hq. The stronger your base overall, the more you help your alliance in wars should your base get selected. Upgrade your storage units first, so you can hold more of the alloy and energon you win raiding other bases.
- Don't worry about losing resources when you are raided, they are easily recovered in greater abundance when you raid others.
- Build some balance in your teams. Have warrior types, gunner types and flying types mixed on the same team. If you have enough slots available, you can also have a healer mixed into a team. Warriors soak up damage while your gunners destroy buildings, and flyers are generally good at taking out the most dangerous defenses from long distance, before you are taking damage from them. These include mortars, beam lasers, rocket launchers and shock towers. Special class characters are usually identifiable as other classes, so mix them into those roles on your teams. Optimus Prime, for example, is more Warrior class than anything else. Warriors have high health points, low damage, and attack at point blank range. Gunners have high damage points but much lower health and attack at the farthest range, sometimes out of range of a defensive point. Flyers have a mix of health and damage, attack within range of most all defenses, but have abilities that can strike out from long range.
- Learn the special abilities and use them to win battles you might otherwise lose. Flyers with higher level abilities can take out high damage defense in one pass. Optimus Prime can call your team away from a cluster of defenses or charge them to the HQ for an easier win. Hot Spot can destroy defenders and defenses faster by reflecting the damage they try to inflict on him. Windblade and Kup can skip over defenses for an easy win against a lightly defended HQ.
- An active alliance can not only help you earn prizes faster but can offer gameplay advice if they are active in a chat program outside the in-game chat. My alliance uses LINE and we have multiple chat threads, including one open to all members of the alliance and feeder alliances, so we can all help each other, or just BS. We even have some alumni who play in the top 5 alliances, but pop in to tease us with their new high level bots.
Hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions.
Triple xp this weekend. So crappy prizes, but excellent xp!
yes you need to join an alliance!
Triple XP weekend means leveling up my 2 5 stars
Thanks for answering!
At first, I tried joining in a couple of alliances, but they instantly kicked me out The one I'm currently in is kinda low-leveled, so it is not that satisfactory.
Congrats. How’d you get VIP status?
Let's just say I bought some bundles that put me over the rumored threshold of what someone would need to spend in order to be granted VIP status.
Have to start somewhere. A low level alliance gets you further than no alliance, especially during the alliance prestige events. And a low level player is a use of limited space in a leaderboard event that requires as much as possible from all members. Get to hq11-12 and you'll find it easier to get into an alliance that routinely maxes prestiges and gets top 400 in leaderboards.
Spend money . LOTS OF MONEY.
No one starts off in a top alliance. As a low level player you can’t contribute what a top alliance needs to finish events or be competitive in leaderboard events. As the others have said, join a low level alliance and work your way up.
make sure it's an ACTIVE alliance though.
Are you Autobot or Decepticon? Please be 'Con.
Kind of assumed he’d know that but yes it needs to be active
And by the way, some of you guys need to lighten up. Not all of us have the time to ensure every little detail is correct and no one’s perfect. I do like to think I have decent knowledge of the game to provide an informed opinion even if I miss a minor detail or 2
Separate names with a comma.