Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

You know how Hasbro's Predaking isn't done yet? That's a factor.

2. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Not even a sketch for the Game?

Not really smart to use a 3P design in order to offer free publicity.

• Like Like x 1
  3. samisham

The 3p's are free market research for Hasbro, that's they why they're still around, so I doubt Hasbro really cares. but I think they're waiting until the Hasbro version is officially revealed to the public then I think they'll update it.

4. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

They actually care, not news when 3P products were banned for official events and that many fans buy 3P products instead of official looking for better quality. Nothing new under the sun.

Again, not really smart to offer free publicity.

Hasbro must have a design of Predaking, and prototypes of the toy. Gonna be interested if this is actually the design, inspired in the 3P design and looks like this is the case.

What a lack of creativity...

5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That\'s a weird look for BA, her face has like these \"teardrop\" tatoos prisoners use...
    And Cheetor seems like an altered model of Rampage. 

6. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Can you seriously not see it? Almost everything is identical to Feral Rex. Only a few minor details are different. Feral Rex is a somewhat stylised take on Predaking.

No one is saying they aren't allowed to do that or anything like that. It's just the irony that they're using the Feral Rex design which is based on Predaking which they own. That is ironic, and as someone who owned Feral Rex, yes, that definitely looks like Feral Rex. It doesn't just look like another Predaking. It looks like Feral Rex. And maybe that means the POTP Predaking looks like Feral Rex, but come on, if you can't see that it's blatantly Feral Rex, you must be blind. Even the combined weapons are the same except in colour.
    You don't know that for a fact. Also, they would at least have concept art or some such first. There's no reason they couldn't have based it on the Hasbro version... unless the Hasbro version is based on Feral Rex, which would be ironic to the nth degree.
    I'm not a betting man but I would bet big money that this doesn't happen. That's a waste of development costs. They've made their Predaking model. Why would they make a completely different one later on? That's stupid.

• Like Like x 1
  7. samisham

And who makes more money overall? Hasbro or the 3rd parties? The 3rd Parties collectively don't make nearly as much as Hasbro and they've never admitted it publically, but the only reason Hasbro could have to let them stay around is go see what sells, better to let them eat the molds if an idea fails, but if it succeeds, Hasbro takes the lion's share of the profit from it. Why should Hasbro let them into official events? That's like Disney letting Warner Brothers into D23. The 3P's are nothing to Hasbro, but someone to take the risks for them. As for many people only 3P, good for them, it's their money, but it's a pay to play game and not everyone can go 3P even if they wanted to, but now they just have to wait a year or two for Hasbro to do it.

Again, Hasbo didn't make the model and it was made before Power of the Primes was even announced.

Plus Hasbro could just make the Feral Rex design and MMC wouldn't be able to squat, they don't want this going to court, because all Hasbro has to do is pull out G1 Predaking and what can MMC say? "It's not Predaking, it's Feral Rex."? Good luck in court with that. Yeah they probably do have Prototypes ready, but they're not making the game, they're outsourcing it because they're a toy manufacturer, not a game developer and they don't wanna spoil their Predaking, until t's ready to be shown publically, why else would they have had the potp leaks taken down?

• Like Like x 1
  8. samisham

They clearly don't think it's time to reveal since they didn't reveal it at their first ever in house owned, in house run convention, but if they do base it on Feral Rex I will laugh my ass off and buy it.
    Because Earth Wars is pure marketing and if they want to sell more Predakings updating it to look like the mone that's on the market will make Hasbro more money and they the ones giving the marching orders.

9. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    I bet we will eventually get a Dinobot. Autobots will get Dinobot classic, but a time rift will give the 'cons Dinobot II.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

Uh, I'm not talking about the Power Of The Primes figure.

I was talking about the in game models for the Predacons and Predaking. I thought that was obvious given the rest of the discussion and the topic of the thread.

11. Fretburn

Nobody said Hasbro are ripping off MMC for a new Predaking toy. Just that the Earth Wards Predacons and Predaking are very clearly based on the MMC Feral Rex figures, not the G1 figures, not the UT figure, not the TFC ones. It's very much MMC's design.

And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just amusing, that's all. Instead of using specifically hasbro figures as a source to base their in game design off of, they used another company's product.That said, it's very possible that Hasbro are taking queues from Feral Rex in their upcoming Predaking design. Which is also totally okay. At the end of the day Predaking/Predacons belong to Hasbro so they're welcome to steal designs of their characters back. Frankly I don't give a shit about that stuff. I'll see the toy and decide to buy it based on the quality of the toy itself. If it's remotely like Combiner Wars Devastator then I will be staying away from it.

This isn't the first time 3rd party designs have show up in the games.

Now, you seem like you want to fight about something. I recommend another website and someone else because I'm not playing your game you combative little shit.

12. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 3rd party Predakings all look fairly similar and are all based on G1 Predaking toy/cartoon. Unique Toys is my favorite. MMC is nice but I really didn't like the feet or individual figures that much. I can see how the MMC comparison is there because it is those feet. The rest just looks like Predaking. The appendages still look like the individual Predacons characters in the game which are different from MMC.

I say the Earth Wars Predaking looks a lot like Dreamwave Predaking from 2002(ish)... just as a lot of the 3rd party ones (especially Unique Toys). It's how Predaking looks more modernized. I'd hate for Hasbro's Predaking to look completely different just to be "creative" when it needs to just look like the character they originally made. And the 3rd parties have captured what the character looks like fairly well.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

Could be scramble city support, but it's most likely just Space Ape screwing up the limbs in their artwork. If you can find an image of the Superion loading screen, they have Airraid and Skydive as arms and Firefly and Alpha Bravo as legs.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  14. dbae14

dbae14 Special Ops

TFEW Predaking is definitely based on MMC Feral Rex. It was what was available when Space Ape created their character models for the Predacons. Similarly, the Dinobots are based on Fans Toys' dinos and MP-08 and not the upcoming POTP dinos, though Volcanicus is clearly from the POTP series.

15. x3ntaur

x3ntaur Active Member

An alliance member brought to my attention the free play demo of cheetor. Check he newsfeed as below
    Screenshot_20170914-153812.png

The base
    Screenshot_20170914-153601.png

16. Fretburn

It and several other third party versions and countless pieces of official artwork as well as the actual Has/TakTom figures.

There are many more straight 1:1 designs cues for Feral Rex that were used that are not on any other figure. Obviously they're all based on G1 Predaking and general look.

But things like the feet with that little 'eye' in the middle, pretty much everything about Headstrong, Tantrum and Divebomb is directly lifted from Feral Rex. Tantrum & Headstrong especially, even down to the cross hatching on Headstrong's chest. The Oppenheimer sword that is formed out of all the hand weapons from the Feralcons is exactly like the game model and that's the *only* Predaking design with that sword. The twin cannons on the shoulders are exactly like MMC version of Razorclaw, down to the little narrow pinch in the barrels. The pieces that form over the shoulders on Razorclaw and appear in Predaking mode are not present on other versions or art.

This is entirely MMC's Feral Rex.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MaTaraRazZo

MaTaraRazZo Active Member

I noticed that and thought the same thing, shes all la chica loca. Alot of gangbangers have spider web tats as well. I think she looks cool, will be happy with the 2* of her and 3*cheetor on my autobots. If springer is the next bot though, hes taking cheetors place on Drift-Kups team and cheetor can start up the new 8th squad when it unlocks.

Someone on the board stated a year ago that the game used 3rd party models. Looks like feral rex to me. While googling that I saw something called Shuraking which looks almost exactly like volcanicus in the game....

18. Nemisispath

Nemisispath My username sucks

Anyone else notice that Blackarachnia is based on the Takara Legends figure?

19. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

Seeing as Space Ape can't even be bothered to give Dead End his own head, I think it's unlikely they'll be updating their Predacon models.

• Like Like x 1
  20. samisham

That's because Stunitcons have already made all the money Hasbro sees in them.