Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    That's an interesting interpretation, but I don't agree. For the facts to align with your theory, wouldn't the actual wars part be actually fleshed out and interesting to engage with? Instead it's just another treadmill. There's no macro-level strategy, no compulsion, and is in fact less challenging than playing just some rando base, since you can scout first and deploy a custom team.

The true purpose of all the systems in this game is to get you to keep playing the game, and hopefully spend money along the way. And I'm okay with that! I like the game and am comfortable with what it offers. There's multiple hooks in the game. I think it's obvious that the continued development of the game is oriented towards the "collector" hook, which is what I personally enjoy.

It's good that you enjoy the hook of the wars aspect. Personally I find it shallow, boring, and inconsequential, and would appreciate a significant overhaul to those systems to make it more enjoyable to engage with.

2. quintwarlord

quintwarlord Member

@PhaseSixer Regarding wars: that is why I mentioned the number one player comment because I knew thats what you meant since I've played for so long.
    The thing is my alliance does win cybertron wars, we won back to back last week for the first time.
    I normally score 45 these days, as players are finishing their bases, mine does happen to be maxed for example. But i am using a team that has three maxed 3* the rest 50+ 4*s.
    Im not the best on my team and certainly not the worst but we all win or lose as a team. That second win was amazing it was close and we all pitched in.
    So i do see your point on 225s, I just feel the game still has room for average players like me. Its a teamwork thing and we dont expect to win every single war. I used our winnings with some of my stash to level 4* jazz to 6, hes on my B squad, they are doing zone12 recently and it helped for mortars.
    btw, I respect your thoughts as you are probably a much better scorer, just friendly discussion.
    Oh and I do buy bundles once in a while, i just dont buy fuel for events.

3. PhaseSixer

PhaseSixer Well-Known Member

Yes I agree 100% that their aim is to keep you playing and spend as much as possible...that's their goal though...the players goal is to win wars...if you disagree that's fine...like I said to each his own...but like I said what's the point in pvp or building your base if not to make you stronger for war...same as with the collecting aspect...you don't need every character...rather a certain character from each group...unless you are spending thousands there is no way to level all the 4*'s completely...but it's your game and you can play it however you want, so if collecting bots is what you like, no problem in that...still doesn't take away from what the true goal of the game is...the games true goal does not have to be your goal...I understand that. But wars are the most challenging aspect for me...I can do 20k free to play if I want...I have the bots for it...I can win in zone 13 all day long...but beating a top 10 alliance? Doesn't happen everyday...so for me that's my last challenge until they introduce something else into the game play.

4. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Tell you what - stop using the words "True Goal" like they're fact and not opinion, and I'll bite my tongue on the rest.

5. PhaseSixer

Trust me, I've been there...I'm just letting players know that 3*'s aren't the end all and that SA is planning on phasing them out...I had a good team of 3*'s mixed with some 4*'s, my 3*'s were my main offensive weapons...until I hit that wall...got lucky and got some good 4*'s problem is I had to retrain all of them...I look at all the 3*'s I have and all the spark I wasted and now where I'm at I need 250k and 500k for my 4* bots...and I wish I had some of that spark back from players that I simply don't use anymore...like me I took 3* SS and 3* BO to lvl 6 ability...a 90k spark mistake...took 3* slipstream and scavenger to lvl 5 and a few others that high...it adds up...and I'm just saying don't do like I did...wasting sparks on those 3*'s...see me instead of busting my ass for a 3* I power level my guys all weekend during LB, I don't score as high as normal...but I'm doing something that is actually helping my team...I don't spend for fuel cells either...it's a waste unless it's a 3x xp weekend...I play the game on a budget...I want to be as good as anyone else...but I don't want to have spent $1000s doing it...and I figure others don't either, so I just try to give advice as I can so players don't make the mistakes I did. So if I come off as sounding like 3*'s are useless, I apologize, they are useful until you get something else...just saying don't put so much into them is all...or for them.

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    speaking of spending money, Star Saber is the rumored bundle for this weekend.

7. PhaseSixer

No problem, Sorry if I am mistaking my goal for the true goal

• Like Like x 1
  8. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    If I didn't have a 0% success rate for getting a 3*/4* of a crystal's character, I'd be tempted! LOL

9. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

About time this is realized. Not everyone plays in order to beat top teams without effort. I have no sights on being top 500, 300, 100 in the game. I want to play the game, not beat my head and wallet against the wall to get a few more points. If I wanted to spend thousands on games I'd build a new pc and get more for my money.

10. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Well, we've shot post 2* Snarl (he's already ready for his first upgrade). Currently sitting in the mid-30's right now.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Like a dumbass, I bought a bundle. Nothing to show for it.

12. jblancha2003

jblancha2003 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm thinking about buying a couple bundles for my birthday in 2 weeks.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    This is the first time Star Saber has had his own bundle. The 3* is very powerful.

14. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

holy crap this game is still around?

15. Meister61

Meister61 Starscreams Ghost

This game is still a thing? It was the worst pos mobile game I've ever played. The need to try to scam money from the player is strong with this game.

16. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

This is another Clash of Clans reskin. Stopped playing that years ago. The other one was Transformers: Legends. One of the most P2W games I've ever seen.

17. Lightmare

Lightmare Well-Known Member

Dead thread for a week and in one day three people stop in to say the same thing?

18. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Has the rate of duplicate drops decreased on this game yet?

19. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

I saved up 100 free crystals recently in order to see what came out of them and easily express that in percentage terms. Here are the results:

1 * bots - 31% (all duplicates)
    2 * bots - 5% (of which 60% duplicates)
    3 * bots - 1% (of which 0% duplicates)
    Spark - 11%
    Single-use items - 52%

Bots appearing most frequently:
    1* Pyra Magna - 7% of all free crystals, or 19% of bots (that's right - nearly one fifth of all the bots I received were the same 1* character)
    1* Silverbolt / 1* Skydive / 1* Air Raid - 4% each

17% of crystals (46% of bots) were 1* Aerialbots
    12% of crystals (32% of bots) were 1* Rust Renegades

I'm performing the same experiment again to make the results ever so slightly more scientific, but it'll take me a while to save up 100 again.

*edit*

It's very difficult to work out what the overall dupe rate is because people have different numbers of bots. I have a completely F2P account with only a small number of 3-stars, so my chances of getting a dupe 3-star should be considerably lower than someone who already has most of the characters. Unfortunately I didn't keep count as I was going along, but as a rough estimate, about a quarter of my three-star crystals - all saved up for - have been dupes. I've also received two three-star characters and a got a couple of three-star dupes through the free crystals.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  20. Tilarta

Tilarta Well-Known Member

I haven't tested Snarl's ability much, but from the one time I got it to work, it looks like he just sends out flame blasts from where he is standing.
    I was hoping it would either be an AOE dome blast or a mid/long range bombing blast.
    Mostly because of this:
    SnarlSRB01.png

If Swoop and Scourge use their special ability at the same time, they will zap each other in the air. ;) 
    I've done this a few times, it's fun to see.