Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Tilarta

Tilarta Well-Known Member

You are aware that energon acquisition from enemy bases is dependent on the target player having stocked up enough of a reserve to confisicate?
    I know for a fact it is possible to get 100k minimum from a level 1300 base if they have the surplus.
    But it looks like they made sure to spend it all before I arrived, so that's why my returns have been so low lately.
    Even Team Prime targeting Level 2000 bases has only gotten 30k on average and that's on a good run, which most of them aren't.

My defense upgrades are costing me aroundabout 2000k now, so it's irrevalent wanting or needing to upgrade my teams, as I can't do it anyway.
    I can have stronger bots or stronger defences to keep Cons from stealing my energon, I can't have both.
    And they've been taking energon about as fast as I can earn it lately, so that is also a factor limiting my progression.

2. Lightmare

Lightmare Active Member

Your teams being upgraded allows you to hit bigger bases with more resources which will help you upgrade your base. Upgrading your base won't gain you resources, and a loss means you just lose a small percentage which is negligible in the long run, and you'll likely lose anyway because most players attack zones lower than their team theoretically should compete in, because it's guaranteed.

Hitting higher zones nets you more resources not only because the limit is higher, but also because their build wait times are choking their spending and have more stockpiled if they're regularly attacking. Lower bases spend more often with shorter waits and new unlocks, so they aren't sitting on as mich for as long. And energon is a big choke point for me because of that lab restriction and the fact that I save a build bot for walls.

You should always be upgrading a bot in the lab. It's your biggest choke point and you want minimal downtime because you're definitely going to be cursing the 3 day wait times for level 40s.

There's no way you're losing energon as fast as you earn it unless you're being attacked literally as soon as your shield drops every time, and you're letting fuel sit all day without using it. And if that's the case you're very unlucky and very casual in playstyle anyway so it's a wash.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
  3. Razorclaw208

Razorclaw208 Active Member

Facebook:
    U either listen to the people who give u good advice or u stay the same and never grow...sigh...play the game whichever way u like, mate...

4. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    This.

5. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    How many in your alliance & what points total are they trying to reach after 60K?

6. Carnage73

Carnage73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Mirage on defense? I think you need your strongest 'Bots on defense especially with Brake-Neck's sniper ability.

7. Lightmare

Lightmare Active Member

I like rust dust on paper but in practice she's rarely used. Lots of damage to clustered buildings but she runs in early, has low health and the ability has a short range. Not to mention she dodges cannons so you set her up to hit point A and she dodges back, giving you the red x and wasting your time. If you can place it right it burns walls down real quick though. But it's expensive and her autoattack is weak.

8. Acesan

Acesan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Been playing for almost a year now. Sharing my main team. Not super high level but I can take down most max 15 bases with some creative strategies involving strafe, Arcee and primes rush

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

9. Dfs Style

Dfs Style Well-Known Member

Just go to the highest zone you can and attack their storage. People hit me all the time, to low to win and just take the resources they can. I'm always maxed and my teammates are also. You can pull 1mil if you hit mine not that zone 13 is open yet for you.

10. Tilarta

Lately, I've been attacked at a rate of once a day, usually after 10-11pm my time, because when I come back in the morning, my resources are diminished and there's a notification that I was defeated (again).
    When the upgrade cost on everything is 200k on average, there is no choice but to let the stockpile sit there, as it's not possible to spend it until the cost target for the upgrade is met.

Whether or not Rust Dust is useful is besides the point, Combiner rules say she's required and so she must be obtained.
    If I plan the scenario properly, maybe her low health won't be an issue.
    Pyra Magna and Jumpstream usually take point, distracting the defences from the helicopter twins and Sunstreaker.
    Who then proceed to blast out as much damage as possible until I run out of power for them to do so.
    Rust Dust will be taking over Sunstreaker's role when/if she is unlocked.
    The mortars are Windblade's responsibility, with the laser beam gone, she can jump into melee range and take them down.
    That is, if there are any mortars left after Pyra Magna and Jumpstream break them all......

And you'd be how surprised how effective Mirage is if the scenario performs as designed.
    If the enemy group triggers him first and the other two outposts activate at the same time, they're cluster bombed by Ultra Magnus and skybeamed by Swoop while completely paralyzed.
    Swoop is getting all the skill upgrades by the way, because it both benefits Team Dinobot and base defense.
    He's at level 4.

If I had unlimited or even copious amounts of energon, then yes, I wouldn't hesitate to do enmasse upgrading, but I can't and that's all there is to say.
    But I don't think it applies to 2 star bots, I tried to upgrade a level 30 2 star once and it wouldn't allow it.
    Half my unlocks are 1-2 star.

Also, I'm hesitating because I'm not really a fan of the XP grind.
    If I obtain them in 4 star, it means all the resources spent upgrading their skills/level were wasted for a character who will never be used again and I have to start collecting it all to spend for a second time on the same character!
    I'd rather do it once then twice.

11. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Are you able to unlock 100 battle points or are you stuck buying them

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMG_0666.PNG This dude any good?

13. Tilarta

What I've read here is that Huffer isn't a good unlock, his special requires significant upgrading to be useful.
    So based on the opinions here, no.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    We have the full 40 members. We are a Top 80 alliance (during leaderboard events), so whatever it takes it what we do. Last leaderboard event we finished over 600,000, so I imagine we'll beat that.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 9:53 AM
  15. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    So everyone is doing it?:( 

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    you mean is every alliance bumping their requirements? I am not sure. Probably those in the top 80 are, this weekend will be highly competitive.

17. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I bought a Mixed Bundle, landed a 3* Hot Spot. Pulled a 3* Hound from one of the premium crystals, and from dupe shards I opened a 3* crystal and got Pipes. Great start to the event.

18. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 TFWM SUCK!!!!!

News Credits:
    Not everyone, the alliance I'm in we only ask you get 3k per team event so we can at the very least get the 2 star. And yes I know 2 stars aren't that good and top out at level 40 most people in my alliance are starting out. So we are trying to build a good strong alliance together with about 20 people in the alliance right now. It's pretty laid back so if anyone wants to join they are more than welcome, could always use good active players that are just looking to play the game causally and not feel the burden of 10k to 15k requirements

19. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

So here's some bullshit (pardon my language.)

Bought 2 of the mixed bundle packs today (~$40) - Windblade is my grail bot at the moment, was hoping to get lucky and at least get a 3* version from the minuscule amount of Windblade crystals you get in the bundle. To my surprise, I actually got a windblade:

[​IMG]

This is surprising, as Windblade (and Divebomb) have generally been accepted to be 3* & 4* bots only.

So I emailed SpaceApe.

I received a reply about an hour later:

Huh. Okay. So apparently, despite Windblade not showing up in the missing bots list as a 1*/2* bot, she's available. But only from Windblade crystals, not from premiums, I guess? No way to check, since you can't click on her picture in game and find out what crystals she can be pulled from.

Also, apparently the wiki overrides in game information? Also good to know. But if that's the case...

Wheeljack: 1*/2* available
    However, Shockwave: Only 3*/4*
    Rust Dust: 2* available
    Blaster: 1*/2* availble

I've responded with the following:

We'll see where this goes, but I thought the community might be interested in this.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dinotrap

Dinotrap The bw collector

Anybody willing to take me into there alliance for the event. I'm a great contributor to the events. I really wanna get bw Megatron, the alliance I'm in is at 1700 so far