Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Spector

Spector Banned

My Powerglide is a 2*

2. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

So is one of mine. Still use it all the time. I have 5 teams and not all are heavy.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Powerglide is far and away the worst Autobot flyer. Air Raid is sometimes useless depending on base layout. But of the attacking flyers, no one is worse than Powerglide.

4. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Man, that's odd to hear that. My experience with Powerglide is that he's long range, takes out 3 targets if they are in the same path/line of sight, his flamethrower knocks down cons and turrets extremely fast. And he doesn't lose health very fast under fire. And as a bonus, when he goes on a long range run, he distracts mortars and rockets from the ground forces. And on top of all that, when he levels up, he levels up to much much higher levels than most other bots do.
    All around one of the best bots there are imo.
    Maybe you just haven't upgraded him enough? Idk. But it's very strange to hear your interpretation of his capabilities.
    How many star/level/special ability level is yours at?

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    3-star over level 30.

It's weird to hear your experience as being positive, because up until now, it's been pretty much universally agreed and often commented on that Powerglide is one of the worst bots in the game.

My experience is that the best flyers are Skydive and maybe Jetfire. Skydive is expensive but can one shot the highest mortars soonest.

6. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Well I can't recognize conjecture. I'll take your experience, but not what your brothers uncles friend of a friend said. Especially since it appears to me that the hostility from other threads between you and I, seems to be carrying over into yet another round of exaggerating for the purpose of winning sone strange type of competition for online recognition. Anyways, you have a good night and by all means... don't put any more into your Powerglide if it's not working for you.

7. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm talking about all the members here, in this thread, and in the TFW Line chat. Ask anyone. Powerglide has been discussed multiple times here. I didn't think this was anything anyone would take personally.

8. Razorclaw208

Razorclaw208 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Powerglide/cyclonus is not at all useless...I am in a top 50 alliance wid more than 6.5k medals nd have friends in MAS and synergy...none f de ones I know hv said cyclonus, at a 4* is useless... Depending on de base layout, many of the players in de top 2 decepticon accounts still use him in their A or B teams. I guess powerglide doesnt work fr some people's playing style...but he's far frm being useless...in fact, he's quite deadly if used correctly

• Like Like x 1
  9. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I like to use the Powerglide prep, followed by the Starsaber whammy to decimate a cluster area in a short few seconds.

10. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I personally really like Powerglide and Cyclonus. They typically don't one-shot things, but I love their ability. I put my 4-star PG up to level 7 even.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    seemed like the Grimlock bundles were being generous, so I pulled the trigger on a few...

LOL. Nope. I got a 3* Huffer and a 3* Stormclash out of 60 total crystals.

• Like Like x 1
  12. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

3 targets with 2 runs is more efficient than 1 per run with individually targeting flyers. I guess it comes down to knowing how to use each character.
    For example, I was so dissapointed with Smokescreen till I discovered he takes down spawned cons with one shot from a long ways away. Not to mention he stays back out of the combat so he can do his snioer work. Also hes great for finishing off mortars and lasers that are almost toast

13. Razorclaw208

Razorclaw208 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Exactly... Gotta knw hw to use each bot...like slipstream /air raid... Cn b devastating fr cluster bases...nt effective agnst other type bases...doesnt mean they r useless... Every character is useful if used correctly... Especially high level 3 nd 4* bots

• Like Like x 1
  14. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Sharkticon and blaster together, drop off their minions on the way by some resources. You effectively get them generating action points (whatever they're called haha) to keep the power hitters special abilities going.

15. Tilarta

Tilarta Well-Known Member

The Combiner issue is what's constantly irking me.
    I need 3 Aerialbots in 3 star to finish Superion and I just can't get them.
    i think this may be mostly because I don't have enough 3 star shards to open the related crystals in bulk.
    Experience has taught me it's a 10:1 ratio with paid crystals (ones with the name on them) and it's probably far less with the randomised crystals that draw from the entire bot pool!

The Combiner torment doesn't end there, I'm also collecting Victorion's components and she's also 3 Torchbearers short of meeting the requirements.
    To be clear, Victorion isn't in the game at this time, but the odds are high she will be added and I'd like to be ready when she is.

When will First Aid be added to the general bot pool?
    I want to get him in 3 star, because he's also a Combiner component.

Does anyone know how it is possible to increase combined squad power above 2000?
    I think it's long past time I should be doing the 2000 level bases, but in my experience, the squad combined power needs to be significantly higher then the base they are attacking or they just lose.
    For example, I have to send 1800 squads to 1350 bases.
    A 2000 base might require more then a 300 differential, as I am expecting it is quite difficult.
    It might also require Superion as well, to remove most of the defenses before the team goes in.

Honestly, I think letting those live action movies enter production is the worst thing Hasbro has ever done!
    My major story gripe is that they keep killing main characters, I hate it when that happens, so far, we've lost Jazz, Ratchet and Jetfire.
    From what I gather, Michael Bay is hated a lot by the Transformers community, simply for how bad a job he is doing!
    The one decision that I always resent is he wrote Arcee out because he said he hated her and that's on record publicly somewhere, I think he said it during an interview.
    I think she was meant to be in the original film, because there was a movie toy of her in motorbike form.
    When she actually appeared, I thought, why the heck has her lower body disappeared? No legs, just some weird unicycle thing.

I thought Arcee was the one character who was mandatory, because she was establishing that Transformers is not a male-only club, that women were in it too.
    We do have Windblade and the Torchbearers now, plus Blackarachnia, but I don't think they're ever going to appear in the live action films.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  16. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

Screenshot_20170409-155748.png
    If you learn to use special abilities properly, you can do much higher level bases than your squad power.
    Prime Rush is a good example- 3 in a row will often get your whole squad past the forward defenses and to the HQ for a casualty free win in less than 40 seconds.

You don't need brawn if you use your noggin

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  17. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

FWIW, I've seen these references to Powerglide being poor and always found them puzzling. His ability is situational. If you draw a base with two or three of the mortar, laser cannon and missile launcher lined up and can set him down at the right angle, he's devastating - you can take out all three in two runs, costing you, what, 8 points? If you draw a base where those defences are well spread out, he's best left to his own devices in favour of utilising Skydive, Jetfire or Fireflight.

18. Focksbot

Focksbot Skeleton Detective

To be fair, the range covered by each 'zone' is so extreme, imo, that you don't really get any consistent experience. A player might draw two high-end bases in a row and conclude their squad aren't nearly ready, but then if they carry on in the same zone they might fly through the next 10 without any trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  19. plastic therapy

plastic therapy Banned

I know right. The inconsistencies are nearly impossible to get a thumb on. My general rule is to play it safe for weekend events and push the envelope for the weekday regular play

• Like Like x 1
  20. olevelo

olevelo Supreme King of All Transformers Earth Wars

I think most of the people who diss on Powerglide haven't used him much after they upgraded him awhile back. When he first came out, yeah, he was terrible. But now he's awesome. Way better than Air Raid. Sometimes better than Skydive, because it takes so long for defenses to burn off with his expensive ability.