Transformers: Earth Wars

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by THE-TRANSFORMER, Jan 24, 2016.

1. nawoo81

nawoo81 Well-Known Member

I still tried my best to get as many prestiges. For the double XP, 100 4* shards, and Shark attacks.

Managed to get 52 prestiges. Got my 4* seaspray up to level 44.

Shark attacks are great for tripping outposts! You use them to trip all the outposts and the enemy bots will come out and use up all their skills on those sharks.

You then deploy all your bots at the start of the base, and you can fight the outpost bots there, instead of in the middle of the base where you get pummeled by guns

• Like Like x 1
  2. stepsongrapes

stepsongrapes Well-Known Member

I still confused by the complaints that boil down to "it's a freemium game!" Yes, that's what it is. If the complaint is that you have to be a paying player to rise to the top of this freemium game, the answer is "of course!" If you didn't have to spend money to do that, then there would be no incentive to plunk down cash and the devs would make no money.

I think the complaints about them not having a good way of addressing dupes (address in some way, not completely remove) are legitimate, but complaining that a freemium game acts like a freemium game makes no sense. Either spend money if you want to be at the top or play for free (like me) and be content with being less than the top.

Similarly, on not being able to complete the event without spending money, there's no reason to have to complete any event, particularly that last one. It's okay not to be a completionist.

Good tip on the sharks, nawoo. It's good to see a battle item that is actually useful.

3. Ozil

Ozil Commander

News Credits:
    OK, yes I have spent money on this game. If you're referring to free 3 stars, this is what I have unlocked with a daily crystal. Not right away, but over the time I've been playing:

Jazz
    Optimus
    Grimlock
    Bumblebee
    Blaster

It's rare, but possible. I agree duplicates are an issue, but freemium games are made to get your money. If you don't spend that's fine, but to complain about progress for not spending is kind of silly

4. PhaseSixer

PhaseSixer Well-Known Member

I don't think I'm complaining about not spending, I like probably many others spend on this game, I think what I mean is the amount you have to spend to actually be a good player, Zone 12 is when you are a good player, and the amount that is expected to spend to get there is a lot, when you spend $100 for a 80 bundle package you're only basically guaranteed two 3* crystals, and about 45,000 sparks, and all I'm saying is to be a good player you need 4*'s and not skrapnel or bombshell type 4*'s, you need a solid team of 4*'s on level 41 or better. If you don't think that's a company draining its customer to reach a certain point, that's your opinion, and that's fine, I just find it off putting that they want you spend that much and everything else is basically left up to chance, meaning I can spend $500 buying 5 bundles and maybe get two 4*'s and another guy can buy one package and end up with three 4*'s, and then my 4*'s can be bombshell and hook, and another guy can get Megatron and Headstrong, but again everyone has there own view, to each his own. That's just off putting to me for it to be that way and your forced to spend as much as you have too, to be good, again good is zone 12, if you don't play there, I'm sure you don't understand what I'm saying.

And you don't get 4*'s from free crystals, 3*'s like 2*'s have their place and become obsolete once you reach certain points in the game.

5. Deth

Deth Well-Known Member

I for one doe not buy the generic crystal bundles. You get crap from those. Now the bundles of 3 character crystals are very good. Last one I got a 4 star and 2 - 3 star from the 20 crystals. I told my alliance about it and others were temped and the pictures where fling fast and free on Line from what other people were getting. It was crazy and tempting for other people. So I think it is all in the type of bundle you buy. But then again RNG is RNG and maybe we were just really lucky and the RNg gods were smiling on us.

6. get2thechopper

get2thechopper Active Member

News Credits:
  7. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    That's a much better way of handling these events. Oh, and I was right on the sharkticons being a special power. Just didn't think it would be Gnaw who would get the special

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  8. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Interesting combo/twist on both types of new character events. I think this is brilliant and far less of a grind in my mind, which is perfectly ok with me.

9. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Ooh, like the new leaderboard format. We'll see how it plays out, if it ends up being better or worse than the previous versions.

Edit: OTOH, the regular prizes are... meh. 8x4* Shards? Really? That's some stingy BS right there. That's 800 shards total, if you managed to complete all 100 prestige.

10. Stryyder

Stryyder Just another soldier

I'm down for the new event. SO MUCH BETTER than last weekend, that was just painful.

Anyways, that means recruiting! Got 2 open spots on AutoCelestials. HQ10+, 3000pts per event each MINIMUM. Good group of people, dedicated and working our way up. Autobot alliance. Check us out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. PhaseSixer

PhaseSixer Well-Known Member

This is a good format, because it's an event for everyone, you have 100 prestiges which will equal 1,000,000 points so you can play all weekend and get all the double xp you want, and if you and your alliance want to buy fuel cells, its worth it now, because you can go for the prestiges as well as climb the leaderboard, and the gnaw crystals, if you get say 15-20 of them, you can get 15-20 2 stars but also get the shards and sparks from the dupes, or end up with a 3/4*, win win for every one I think

12. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Are we certain that the Gnaw crystals will definitely give out Gnaw each time? or will they be like Hot Spot and possibly give him?

13. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

Don't think anyone knows. The description only mentions Gnaw, whereas the Fiery crystals specifically said possibility of Hotspot, along with explicitly stating the other options. And Fiery crystals were just that - not Hotspot crystals, so I doubt they'll be similar.

OTOH, named crystals usually only have a "better chance" of getting the named character, while giving the possibility of all other characters as well. If it doesn't give pure Gnaw, then I would guess they'd be more akin to this instead. So if you don't get Gnaw, maybe you'll get another character?

But until prizes are awarded, I think it's impossible to know unless Space Ape decides to clarify before the event, which I'm not holding my breath for.

14. INCyr

INCyr Well-Known Member

In case anyone cares, did a bit of research today on Silverbolt's DOT.

The formula for total damage done = DPS + .15*DPS*Time - there's an initial strike when the bomb hits that does full DPS, and then it does 15% DPS for the course of the EMP stun.

Currently working on Sunstreaker's DOT damage, will post here as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    Can't say for sure, but considering the much lower amount of crystals being given out even to high performing teams, I'd imagine they'll all give some version of Gnaw.

16. Ozil

Ozil Commander

News Credits:
    So does the TFW Con side have openings? I started a con account today :) 

17. donxavier

donxavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Another leaderboard event? Man SA really seems to love these kind of events. They must be cash cows for them.

So, this event has all the hassle of a leaderboard combined with the big chance of getting nothing like the Fiery Crystal event. Notice the wording: "Gnaw Crystals contain a chance to unlock a 2 - 4 Star Gnaw!"

18. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
  19. Raining8s

Raining8s Decepticon

News Credits:
    The crystals contain a \"chance\" to get Gnaw.  Even if your Alliance finishes in the Top 210, a lot of Alliance members might not get Gnaw from their crystals.(not to mention the Alliances that are lower in the event scoring).  

Also it would be nice to open crystals as you go like past events.  If you get a Gnaw you would upgrade him with double XP.

20. SG Unicron

SG Unicron Well-Known Member

Considering my alliance only has 3 members in it counting myself, I\'ll just save myself the trouble of finding a corner to cry into later by getting in a corner and start crying now.

• Like Like x 1