Transformers DVDs

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ondoher Prime, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Ondoher Prime

Ondoher Prime "And then..?"

hello!

just wanna ask which TF animated series have been released on DVD with english dubbing/subtitles - either as boxed sets or as individual dvds?
    i know the complete G1 series by rhino, TFTM by rhino, TFTM 20th anniversary by sony, the complete Beast Wars & Beast Machines by rhino, & the complete TF Armada by rhino.
    i recall there were dvd sets for japanese g1 and rid, but am not really sure. and are there any for energon & cybertron?

anything else i missed?

thanks!

2. umbc8

umbc8 A PRIME Guy

Well, Metrodome did release Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory in Great Britain with English subtitles (I know Headmasters also had the really crappy English dubs, not sure on the others). RiD was also released in GB. None of these have been released in the US.

As far as I know, there has only been 1 release of Cybertron (the first 3 or 4 episodes), and a few Energon releases (I have seen these in the cheap "Children's DVD" section for btwn $5 & $10. No season sets for either of these yet.

And also, Sony is getting ready to start releasing their version of G1. Maybe they will have better luck with the Japanese series (they did get a copy of Scramble City after all).

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I have DVD's of Headmasters, Masterforce, and Victory. All in the crappy dubs.

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I just picked up a box set, Transformers: Armada Part Two, from Best Buy not too long ago. Sony's coming out with G1 sometime this year, possibly this spring. Haven't seen any DVDs for Beast Wars, Energon, and Cybertron. As for the Japanese version of all the Transformers series, sorry... your best bet is to buy them straight from Japan, which means no subtitles. Or, if you're lucky, you might be able to find them on eBay and other auction sites.

5. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

With any luck, if the movie is successful, whichever company that owns the rights to RiD will release the series on a box set to cash in on the movie's success

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Or even better, fan interest will get so high that they would go as far as to release all the Transformers series they got, both in U.S. and Japan. Be nice to get to see Scramble City, be it in dub or Japanese with subtitles, and not just a fan commentary as it was shown on the 20th anniversary DVD of the '86 movie.

7. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

We can only hope

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    There was really no excuse to not have released this in the original audio with subtitles. Only one of the commentators sounded like he had done any research on what we were seeing.