Transformers DS

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Effay, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    The psp one was ok too

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thundermania

Thundermania Banned

Yep and I think they had "hotspots" where you could get like G1 Starscream (which makes you Starscream's protege have the same body-type as him. Just like the old seekers) funny how that works out.

3. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

It is an utter shame that the 07 DS Decepticon game is the only game to date where you can have Barricade, Brawl, or Blackout free roam in an open city to destroy as you please. You would think with as ubiquitous as sandbox gaming has become we would've seen a proper console version by now. I mean I like my WfC/FoC games and Devastation but free roam is the best model for the Transformers franchise. It is part of the reason why the Armada game still holds up after all these years.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    Ive been looking for that armada game for years now

5. Datsun87

They are pretty cheap online. A quick check on ebay shows complete copies going for $10.

6. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    You can sort off free roam in the 2007 console game, but Brawl isn't in there unfortunately.

7. Datsun87

That game was designed like ass though. RotF was a much better game on console for the movies but sadly the free roam was gutted and Brawl and Barricade were gone. Why would anyone want to roam around a map with no enemies or objectives?

8. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

I don't understand why after this game they never attempted another open world transformers game. They need to expand on this game, with an orignal plot, Map, and gameplay. I don't know the ideal developer but we need another open world transformers game on home consoles.

9. Effay

Effay Active Member

I agree. The ROTF game for the DS should have been the same concept as the first DS game along with the same controls.
    - Open world
    - 6 Autobots and Decepticons
    - 4 (or more) maps, with 1 of them being exclusive to their game (Antartica/Qatar)
    - 4 Threat Levels in addition to open-world maps

The ROTF game wasnt bad in my opinion but if they stuck to the same fundamentals in the first one they couldn't have gone wrong.
    As for the different games, character casts shouldve been (Autobots) Rookie, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Ironhide, Optimus, Ratchet (Decepticons) Rookie, Sideways, Grindor, Megatron, The Fallen, Starscream

10. Dat Mental Gamer

Dat Mental Gamer -DMG-

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i love these games. even have them on PC ;) 

11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Loved these games when I was a kid, great little games with enjoyable stories, voice work, the dialogue was pretty endearing as well. When I was a dumb child I'd try to make movie versions of other characters using the Create-a-bot. :lolol  Some of the alt modes you could unlock via the online multiplayer were pretty wacky.

Both versions of the first game had an exclusive character that could only be obtained from a download station at Target? In the Autobots game you got a G1 Skydive based jet and for the Decepticons you got G1-ish Starscream.

The WFC DS games were pretty cool too, if only because of the large roster of characters combined in both games, how each had their own unique melee weapon and voice clips. The PSP game for the first movie was also pretty neat for all the additional G1 characters that appear in it, the following DS games for ROTF and DOTM were vastly inferior, DOTM In particular was pretty awful. While I got quite a bit of enjoyment out of the console game, the DS game was pretty bare bones and uninteresting.

12. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the bayverse Veteran

News Credits:
    Lord yes, I remember these, The decepticon version was the bomb!, Collecting so many alts, And a combination of Megatron's blade and what not of a custom bot. Lord was that astonishing. Some of the voice actor's were excellent as well. Barricade by far. I think my most favorited con to play was Brawl the most. Just driving around destroying as a tank is so refreshing. Plus the main menu ost, That is amazing stuff right there.

13. Dat Mental Gamer

Dat Mental Gamer -DMG-

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    get this. i had the decepticons DS cartrage but it was stolen from me. thankfully i emulated it years later (1 yr ago)
    i love that music, also the WFC ds theme

14. EmceeDel

EmceeDel Well-Known Member

The 2007 games were so much fun. One of my favorite movie tie-in games. The open-world on DS and the smaller but still fun free roam in the console version is great. I really wish ROTF did a better job of implementing that.