Transformers DOTM voices and comparison. (Spoilers!!!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I watched the Transformers DOTM movie yesterday. The theatre was packed, but the movie was Awesome!!! Now this is something different, because I didn't know the voice actors in advance. But let me explain the robot's voices and who I would compare them to other cartoon characters.

Optimus Prime, Ironhide Bumblebee, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Wheelie, Brains, Megatron, Starscream and the Dreads I have no comment on them, they are pretty much what I would expect them to be.

Sentinel Prime- Although he is voiced buy Leonard Nemoy, but for some reason, his beard and the way he acts makes him remind me of King Trident from Disney's the Litle Mermaid.

Dino- Not really much about him, he hardly speaks. When I heard him in the video game, I was looking forward to seeing him in the movie. I thought he fit the bill for being like Raphael from 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles. I even was going to post a thread here about, Since you saw Dino Does that make you want to speak Italian? But now I won't. Still, I'm hoping for a toy and I'm still calling him Mirage.

Que- I am very displeased that they took the name Wheeljack and changed it to a F****** stupid made up name. They should have kept the name, this is a bad example. But I want to see a toy of him no matter what. I couldn't really tell what accent Que had, British or German. Although he had an appearance of Gepeto from Pinochio, he kind of reminded me of Scrooge Mcduck for some reason.

Roadbuster- Does he have a Irish or Scotish accent?

Topspin- Does not speak, Dissapointing.

Leadfoot- I was realy hoping that Bill Fagerbakke would voice him, but no matter. His voice right now sounds exactly like Rico from Penguins for Madagascar.

Soundwave- Still the old Dr. Claw voice.

Laserbeak- He actually speak?! But his slimy voice kind of fits the bill. Well, that's not really a joke because he has a beak not a bill.

Shockwave- He was really Disappointing. I was really hoping he was the main villain and that he was voiced by a British actor. To tell you the truth, when I heard how visious Shockwave is I compared him to another carton villain I know, Alejandro from a cartoon called Total Drama (don't ask how I compared him, I just had the felling). Even his gun was not how I expected it.

2. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    One more thing that just popped in my mind

Leonard Nemoy doing the voice of Sentinel Prime, made him sound a bit like Star Wars Admiral Ackbar.

3. megachin

megachin Banned

Huh?

To me he sounds more like spock

4. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I loved Roadbuster's voice. Crazy Scottish (?) NASCAR gun toting asshole. They could have voiced all three Wreckers by Larry the Cable Guy and played into the "NASCAR Fan", but they didn't.

Laserbeak was pretty good too.

5. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Yeah, Infact I'm holding my Laserbeak toy even as we blog.

6. MikeDiaz

MikeDiaz Well-Known Member

I think Topspin had a line... I remember the camera panning away from him, and a Wrecker says something in an accent different from Leadfoot and Roadbuster's.

7. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    I guess I didn't hear it. In any case, I saw not credits for Topspin.

8. Lazerwave

News Credits:
    Also, wishes came True for Decepticon fans:

Barricade is Back!

Although I couldn't tell if the kept the voice actor Jess Harnell.

9. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    I thought it was a bit weird that Sideswipe had a new voice actor. It was really noticeable to me. Not that the "new" voice was bad, just different.

10. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    wheeljack sounded very Irish imo and I am Irish.

Roadbuster sounded scotch.

Leadfoot sounded austrailian and was voiced by the great john di maggio

shockwave sounded russian in his ONE FREAKING LINE

Mirage( I refuse to call him the d name) sounded great

Sideswipe well he sounded good and I suppose that credits listing of remar makes sense now

11. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    The voices were alright this time. Not a lot of them really stood out a lot, as with previous instalments.

Laserbeak's voice was fantastic, one of the best of the movie series.

The Wreckers as a whole, had interesting voices. Not necessarily good, but I don't know what to make of them at this point.

12. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    I might have to watch the movie again, but I think Wheeljack had an Irish accent.

13. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

Anyone else surprised that Leadfoot ended up the Wrecker's leader?

14. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Was he the leader? I couldn't really tell if there was a leader or not.

15. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I loved the Wreckers. They outdid what I expected from them and we got some nice shots of their designs. I can't wait for the Blu-ray screenshots!

I loved their accents.

16. The Swordsman

The Swordsman The REAL hero of Hyrule

News Credits:
    Wheeljack did sound Irish with a hint of upper-crust British, and it utterly sucked that Shockwave and Mirage didn't have more lines, especially considering such a big deal was made about Shockwave being in the movie and a Ferrari 458 appearing as a new Autobot.
    Also, I laughed at Leadfoot being cockney and Roadbuster being Glaswegian, it was not what I was expecting at all.

17. Hiraga

News Credits:
    Leadfoot disappointed me because he didn't sound like Bender. He's voiced by the same guy that voiced Bender, but he sounded totally different. Hearing Bender with a Scottish accent would have been perfect, IMO.
    I loved Soundwave, he and Barricade actually made quite the evil duo. I like that pairing.
    I'm extremely happy that Mirage had an Italian accent. Not only did it remind me of Enzo, but it gave more personality to a character I expected to be boring.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011