Transformers DOTM Trailer 2 HD Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ebar5, Apr 28, 2011.

1. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    "Everything humans know of our planet we were told had been shared. ... You lied to us. You've made a grave mistake." (said as the Autobots are rolling into the military base, and as Optimus approaches the government/military woman)

"You may lose your faith in us, but never in yourselves. From here, the fight will be your own." (voiceover of various shots, and when Optimus is speaking to Sam in front of that currently unknown spacecraft)

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

The shuttle Discovery attached to a CGI craft with two booster rockets attached.

[​IMG]

3. mahmoud brk

mahmoud brk New Member

And what does Optimus mean by this? I'm a bit confused. My questions found in brackets

Everything humans know of our planet (does he mean Cybertron or Earth?) we (he means autobots, eh?) were told (supposdly by humans?)
    had been shared (with whom?!).

Excuse me if my questions are stupid, but really I didn't get what he wants from this sentence !!
    Sorry again, cheers.

4. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

i think hes saying he thought the humans had told the autobots everything they knew about transformers/cyberton, and if they lied they made a "grave mistake"

5. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    You've more or less got the gist of it, but I'll elaborate. (It is a somewhat confusing statement.)

"Everything humans know of our planet we were told had been shared."
    =
    "Everything humans know (regarding things like The Cube in the Hoover Dam, Cybertronian symbols all over the world, etc.) of our planet ("our planet" = Cybertron) we ("we" = the Autobots) were told had been shared (most likely by high ranking government officials like Banachek and Galloway)."
    =
    "Hey, you government officials told us Autobots everything you knew about Cybertron/Transformers. But you lied. You still kept secrets from us. That's bad!" (regarding the ship on the moon, the Space Race, etc.)

The Autobots were under the impression that any knowledge that humans had pertaining to the Transformers or Cybertron had been shared with them (the Autobots), even though it hadn't. Optimus is basically accusing them of lying to the Autobots. Withholding information.

Pretty much.

6. mahmoud brk

mahmoud brk New Member

Alright, thanks a lot TylerMirage.
    The sentence which has made the confusion for me is "we were told had been shared".
    If the autobots were told the information, why he says "been shared"?? If he's just repeating to confirm the meaning, then why he uses the past perfect tense ?!

I'll just skip this grammar thing, and understand the sentence as you've said, because this is the only meaning.

PS: English isn't my native language =)

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    :yuck 

8. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    You have just made my day. Thank you so much :D 

9. Astrotrain85

Astrotrain85 Watching and waiting.

:lolol