Transformers Dominates UK Toy Sales for July

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TF@TM, Aug 28, 2009.

1. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    Transformers dominated the UK toy sales for July, according to figures we've received from the NPD.

Yesterday it was announced that Transformers had become the number one toy property within the UK in July, knocking Ben 10 off the top for the first time in five months.

Today we've published not only the July 2009 UK toy sales charts but also news that Transformers made up 33% of all action figure sales in July as well as grabbing 12 of the top 20 new sales items raking in £2.6 million for Hasbro (about $4.2 million).

Earlier in the month we reporting how with the launch of the new movie, Transformers toy sales rose from number 695 to number three within the UK sales chart in just one month, which sadly confirms how poor sales of Transformers Animated and Transformers Universe were.

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    good news for sure. And I've noticed that we dont seem to be as far behind the US in waves compared to past lines

Also I think that the poor past rank might be a good example of just how much affect a good add campain has. E.G. universe had none but the movie like is being pushed very hard

3. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    It dominates UK sales yet Hasbro still treat it like they couldn't care less.

4. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Exactly!!!!!!!!!! Bastards.

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Considering you can't turn around without falling over some ROTF merchandise and figures and there's a honking great movie kicking about to promote them I'm not surprised sales are up. Maybe if Universe and Animated had got the variety of stock out to buy in the UK more would've been sold. Month after month of the first couple of waves and then a trickle of the later waves (if at all) isn't exactly going to help. Can't really bag on the sales of Animated and Universe by comparison considering Universe had no other media to back it up and Animated had a shitty UK comic that got canned after two or three issues and a cartoon that got hidden away in the darkness before it got a chance.

It's great that TF is making a nice bundle right now, but no doubt once the movie hype is over and the next mainline hits things will go back to normal here in Blighty.

6. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    Sadly they did not learn after the first movie sold buckets of toys to keep on marketing the thing and to get the show out and on lots of stations. Hopefully they will learn better this time as the brand manager has changed at least twice since the first film. Though it must be said, they were more willing to talk to fans after the first film till they ditched that brand manager lol

7. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    For those of you who don't know. The UK is one of the biggest toy markets in the world, but nonsense like the below still takes place.

The short of what's below is that Hasbro INC (US) are cherry picking certain items for the U.S. market, and dumping overstock of
    earlier toys in 'new' waves sent to the U.K.

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say that at all, Hasbro are still screwing the UK markets over in terms of selection, distribution and pricing.

9. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And yet everything is delayed there? Hm.

10. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Crazy isn't it? TFs fly off the shelves, bring in big money for Hasbro, yet they haven't got a clue about distribution... :( 

11. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Thats not bad for a toyline about a movie that parents complained about

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    New Scouts just cropped up in Asda (Ejector, yay!) but I really want new Deluxes. So far I have to drag my arse almost thirty miles away to a TRU in the hope of finding any up to date stuff in a store. I have Asda, Sainsburys and two Tescos not far from me but the selections there are generally rubbish.
    I really have to wonder how TF sell any great amount here at all.