Transformers Displays in Other Countries

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by darksage78, Aug 10, 2008.

1. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Posted this on Cybertron.ca but thought I'd share it here too =D

Well we all know what Canadian Transformer displays at TRU or Walmart, and they're not too different from those at the US stores, but I thought I'd share the Hong Kong experience with some pics from their TRUs.

A few things to note first, HK TRUs sell a lot more Japanese product. As you'll see, Henkei is everywhere, last summer I went Classics was everywhere. Seems as though HK fans get the best of both worlds and at reasonable prices. One big pull for tourists is the fact that HK has no sales tax, you heard me =P Also business is done a little differently, on weekends they have small seminars in TRUs to teach kids how to build their Gundam kits or even one that I walked into today had Animated figures out for kids to try out! Anyway, enough of me blabbering and here are some pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those above are all Toys R Us, one of the larger ones at Ocean Terminal (Tsim Sha Tsui Station) and Tai Koo Sing Jong Sum (Tai koo Station). Hunted at Po Lam's TRU too but they didn't have any spectacular display. Seems like the Ultimate Bumblebee isn't selling too well either huh? Also, never knew the Road Bots so large.

These pictures are from a smaller hobby store that I always visit when I go back to Hong Kong. Got my MP Megatron from them =D Store is called Animate United, not much in terms of Animated and stuff but more so in Henkei.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One thing to note is the equal love of Gundams =P These are from a Japanese department store called Jusco. They had Henkei stuff too and the Classics Magnus vs Prime two pack. What I want to note is the SDCC Universe Nemesis Prime is available there! It was also available at Apita (another Japanese dept store) They had a great display but they don't allow photography in their store.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Good on ya aye! Those pics you posted are awesome beyond awesome. Thanks for taking the time to post this. I would LOVE the opportunity to walk around HK toy stores. Enjoy your trip and don't fight Tong Po.

3. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    I been to HK 2 years back and let me say this, it is a freaking toy wonderland (didn't want to come back actually...)

4. MetroBoy

MetroBoy Keeper of the Cheese

Hot DAMN!

We have nothing like this in the States. I know it sounds silly to say, but their displays are truely a thing of beauty. They really know how to merchandise their products as opposed to just throwing things on a peg or a shelf like the retailers do here.

5. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

Awesome! Thanks for the pics!

When I was in Japan last year at a TRU they had a glass display case with a sort of outside battle field made up with various movie bots fighting each other...

6. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Wow. encore ironhide is cheaper than universe blaster. That says quite a bit.

Otherwise the store displays are nice and show a lot of enthusiasm for the brand like that one with activators standing next to the leaders. or that huge autobot logo.

I need a vacation.

7. Nemesis_Prime22

Nemesis_Prime22 Dark Emperor

Call me stupid but $219 dollars for Blaster?...
    Im guessing thats not supposed to be American dollars...

8. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, when people complain about FP's high price of exclusives, and then say, "Well, Hasbro offers an exclusive for just $5 more at SDCC," we can now point out that Hasbro makes far more of these 'exclusives,' and then sells them overseas. Maybe FP needs to look at the overseas market...

9. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :jawdropper:  Whoa great pixs man! i've actually lost count of the number of people who have said that HK is a toy paradise (you're the latest one dude).

Wish that i coud go there someday on a holiday. lot's of grails to look out for.

Nemesis Prime22- Dude the $219 is in HKD, so that would be around USD$28 (more or less).

10. evil ivotron

evil ivotron destroy'em all

wow!!!!!!! heaven really exists......

11. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

Mother of God :eek:  those pictures are so amazing!!!!! :eek:  :jawdropper: 

Here in Venezuela....I am lucky if I could find a Leader Class in a toy store :lolol  the other day found 2 Transformers Movie Leader Optimus Prime and 2 Transformers Movie Leader Megatron, almost 180 US$ each one….lucky me :sly: 

12. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I love Hong Kong, I want to go there so bad now!!

13. Neo-Bombshell

Neo-Bombshell Proudly Peruvian Transfan

News Credits:
    Those piucs are awesome, specially that window-like Autobot logo with movie figures.

That makes me so sad, in my coutrny we would be lucky if they just hang out a poster...

Thanks for the pics!

14. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why can't I live in Hong Kong :O

15. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    why is the delux over 100 dollars O_O

16. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Its in HKD, div about 7, try xe.com for more accurate exchange.

17. Overenergized

Overenergized Active Member

News Credits:
    I went to HK for a week in January, i guess i went a a bad time tfwise, all they had then in TRU was movie stuff and encore ratchet/ironhide. I cant stand movie stuff and imo ratchet/ironhide are some of the worst tfs ever made! I would have loved to picked up encore 1st wave OP,soundwave, megatron but they were discontinued by then. Picked up MP StarScream from a dept store called SOGO and i found a speciality store called Toyzone, i think, which was toy heaven, full of MPs, alts, and bts including bt-17!

18. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its not American Dollars :gen069: 

19. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    That's a big shop. Great display.

20. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits: