Transformers Dino Cassettes Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BHiga6181, Dec 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    And who is saying that exactly?

2. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    As a collector I would consider them rare. Heck, if they weren't rare why would they so expensive in the market? Plus you really don't see them on the market that often.

3. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    expensiv and rare dont always go hand in hand, some cases they do ( well most cases they do) But if a product is rare but is not high in demand the price wont be that high. If the product is avalible in very very limited quanteties and high in demand it will be $$$$$$.

I am not well into how often the jap exclusiv stuff comes upp for sale but the way I see it if you really want a TF toy and have the money, 99.999999% of them are avalible somehow.

4. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    read all of my posts LK, it makes sense after that.

5. BHiga6181

BHiga6181 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Im sorry, I just cant buy that. You are saying you got all 4, MIB, 100% complete for $600 total?!?!?!?

If it is true, man did you get the deal of the century.

Finally, someone that reads my posts, doesnt add in words or phrases and gets my point. THANK YOU!!!

Another THANK YOU. These are some of the rarest pieces of vintage G1 toys, period. There rarely appear on the market and command TOP dollar. If they werent rare, they wouldnt sell for the $$$$ they consistantly do.

And for the person that said if you have the $$$, they are attainable...ANYTHING fits that. Sure if I want to offer $5K for a set of these, I bet there would be a few replies in this forum.

I do agree on the Black Zarak points, I personally like Scorponok better but agree a fixed Black Zarak reissue would sell like hotcakes.

6. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    sorry i shouldve been more specific. 2 were mib, 1 loose with paperwork and card, 1 loose complete. i got them 1 piece at a time. totally around $600 usd. just gotta be patient. my japanese collection is practically done, i just need a jr grand max and a jr god bomber chest piece. i have spent a lot less than what they are worth, but i did cave in on the ones that i wanted bad (still paying less than market value but still spending a lot (500-1000usd for a single figure). deals are always around. if you need any japanese boxes, check out my sales thread.

recently i just got a c9 diaclone BLUE bluestreak locally in a lot. the lot costed my buddy and i 450 canadian, but i got a PRE TRANSFORMERS whirl complete , PRE TRANSFORMERS roadbuster near complete, diaclone blitzwing near complete, diaclone twintwist complete and the blue bluestreak missing the driver only, for half the cost $225.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    these... don't exist.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Still curious about my question here.

9. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    be careful who you doubt.
    just another technicality...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  10. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
  11. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    yeah. they werent diaclone. Whirl and Roadbuster were from Dorvack. quite a massive difference. not a technicality.

12. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Sorry it was so hard for you to understand what he meant?

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it's like calling something from Macross a Gundam. it's wrong, and annoying. If you own a pre-TF roadbuster, you should know what it is.

Someone else could have seen it, and thought they were actually from diaclone. I see no reason not to correct something like that, intentional mistake or not, to keep false information from spreading.

14. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    That's so thoughtful of you

15. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    sarcastic much? maybe lighten up.

16. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    The Inverse Kinematics is popping on the leg of your animated mech avatar.

17. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Sorry for being an ass… It just pisses me off to see collectors like BHiga6181 and miasboytoy get a hard time in here. No wonder just a handful of exclusive G1 collectors still comment on these boards. Personally, these are the people I came here to interact with and are the ones I feel most affinity with.
    Just sucks that most of them get turned off by the attitude in here at times…

18. miasboytoy

miasboytoy Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    yeah my bad. i should've said PRE TRANSFORMERS, i couldn't remember the proper toy line for my previous posting. just posted that quickly before i headed out for the night. my bad once again, didn't mean to misinform anyone. i'll go edit it now.

19. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    you dont need to overpay like 5k you say... Almost any Transformer toy is somehow avalible if you want it. If you really want a MISb Grand Max you can if you have the money for it and pay the market or a bit over market value. Same goes for the dino cassettes, Same goes for MISB AFA items, LDs and so so so so on. The only diffrence is that 99% of the Tf collectors dont have that kind of money. The high end rollers, ppl that can spend thousends of $ on toys without it disturbs them or their wallet are extremly few. Same goes for SW collectors, HW and any toher toy line.

this is what you need to realize...There are many many toys more rarer then the dinocassettes. Yes they are rare and fetch a ahigh price but that is a combination that almost all ppl like Caseettes and wants them all, they get a pokemon thing over them. ( yeah I know I generalize). Some want them and only rare pieces because they want the attention of as many ppl as possible. The list is long.

In closure, Yes The cassettes are rare and expensiv but not super rare and can be bought if you know or talk to the right ppl and have the money for them just like any Transformer. I would say both the Battle Gaea and Guard City surpas the dinocassettes in rareness , especially BG.

20. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this is very true, i have only once seen GC up for sale, BG, never (since i have been collecting btw) the cassettes, i have seen a few times, some more than others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.