Transformers Digital Stickers and Trading Cards for iOS and Android from Quidd

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 23, 2018.

1. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They were different characters. And I’ll probably take heat for this, I preferred Beast Wars Primal and Megatron to the original guys. That said, I still see it as a part of the G1 story. Their whole mythology was wrapped around a cheesy G1 core like a delicious stuffed crust pizza.

• Like Like x 3
  2. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Okay Hound and Soundwave having similar alt-modes is pretty cool.

Ratchet.... eh....

Going to be honest; Ratchet and Ironhide need to be vehicles with hoods. Also when will we get Ironhide as an Armored Truck!? He NEEDS that alternate mode!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    what's up with wheeljack? is he supposed to be asymmetrical to show that he's a kooky inventor who experimented on himself?

i hate barricade's head. why's he got a visor and a faceplate on a rounded head? in the movies he only had a mouth and normal(ish) eyes on a diamond-shape head with a crest. also kinda salty that he's another 'police' car with two doors and a spoiler.

• Like Like x 2
  4. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmmmmm interesting notion......

5. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    So, Prowl as the more traditional police car and Barricade as either the ram-built interceptor or a SUV?

• Like Like x 1
  6. StrangePlanet

StrangePlanet G1

There is generally not a lot from the mainline Transformers that I like, but there are some cool designs in here. Mostly, Wheeljack and Hound look pretty sweet.
    If they make toys of them I'll have to bite.

7. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i could buy barricade being an interceptor. honestly, just throw in something about him scanning his alt mode at a car show if nothing else. it's incredibly minor and something nobody but the most anal person cares about, but here we are.

prowl could be a challlenger and barricade a charger if they really wanna roll with the sports police car angle

• Like Like x 4
  8. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of these designs are pretty nifty. Shame they won't be in a properly articulated/detailed CHUG release.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Are these the Walgreens line?

• Like Like x 1
  10. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Love the designs, but to echo some of the other replies: stick to newer characters.

Don't care to see Megatron again, BB, etc. :puke: 

New versions of the "minor" characters are far more appreciated. Heck, I'll even buy an obscure UK Marvel TF comic character (or how about a RUNG? :D ). That would feel more rare and worthwhile to me.

I'm one of those guys that does NOT care about your amazing Optimus and BB displays - woo, you have 18 different Optimi! Just imagine! To catch up with you, I'd need to start collecting now and then wait 2 years! :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  11. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    So, what's your thoughts on my take of Ironhide/Ratchet where they need to have hoods and Ironhide's an armored truck?

• Like Like x 1
  12. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :jawdropper:  :eek:  HOLY CRAP, THESE DESIGNS LOOK AWESOME!!! That Hound looks like it takes cues from the Universe Deluxe Hound, and that Wheeljack also looks to take cues from the original Generations Wheeljack. Sweet!
    Actually, there's a leak/rumor from earlier this year that claims that there could be a Generations: Evergreen line. With it came a couple pics of Generations styled boxes for Evergreen that don't resemble any other boxes for known Evergreen releases or even the Cyberverse box designs, but of course there's purple MS Paint marker over the window portion so we can't see what's inside. Hopefully those come to fruition because I'd like to see those figures in the Generations style (And I want them to use as a Cyberverse collection too!) :lol 

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  13. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At the very least they should be RID levels of articulation... I doubt they'd have the War for Cybertron series, Bumblebee Movie, AND this all at the same production quality...

• Like Like x 3
  14. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what is this new trend with not giving barricade a face, first TLK, then earth wars and now here ???

• Like Like x 1
  15. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

The head is meant to invoke the police riot gear helmet and is an already existing design from Earth Wars.

• Like Like x 2
  16. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Cultus Volcanicus

News Credits:
    Yep, that’s the concensus so far. But, I would say specifically that each wound is from an experiment where Wheeljack made a big and explosive discovery! ^.^

Still, the style here is off the charts, but it certainly has me a touch saddened that Hasbro can’t just give Studio Bones or Studio Trigger a chance.

Now, I could let the presence of digital trading cards distract me from catalyzing Autonomist revolution enjoying all this line work, but there’s something more important to note: Soundwave and Grimlock’s alt mode’s are very meh.

I know Soundwave has been the family SUV before, and he’s practically one of Scion’s boxes on wheels in Animated. And, this time Wavey even looks he could be an animal control agency car, and that’s fitting. But I’m still feeling a solid Meh.

Moreover, that is not a pretty T-Rex, or Kaiju.

I get that the design prompt from corporate must’ve included the end of Grimsy’s tail must be a sword, but now he looks like a Cat or a Squirrel that lost the fur on their tail! :eek: 

I am disappointed, Hasboner.

And, Windblade is pretty meh. I think Iron Factory’s Wind-chan is the best babe. Though, the Takara Slipstream is a bit better than IF’s Shrike’s Feather, but I don’t think that’s really worth importing at this point. I’m just gunna wait for IF’Stream this summer, probably, and pray that 3P takes her on if Cyberverse is worthwhile.

Lastly, the fact that Windblade was the first fan made character and she sells well enough is reason enough for Hasboner to keep her in flight.

But, it’s everything those fans wanted that of course would lead Windblade to become a major POV character.

So, I guess when the fandom was clamoring for a little red Autobot geisha Jet, they were so “preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.”

P.S.: While Windblade was uneven—thanks Hasboner, I slagging love Mairghread Scott’s Til All Are One!

Bite Me, but just a Love Nibble ^.^

17. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    ironhide'd be a cool armored truck. honestly, he's one of those guys where any bulky alt mode works for him.

i just want ratchet to be an actual ambulance.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    I actually really dig Hound\'s design. It reminds me quite a bit of the Unicron Trilogy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. misfire19d

misfire19d Not a writer. Not an illustrator. Just a fan.

I’m very pleased with how these designs appear to be building upon the G1 aesthetic instead of regressing away towards something unrecognizable and ugly.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RetrogradeMercury

RetrogradeMercury Well-Known Member

These are all fine and in fact there are some design cues that are rather clever, but they do feel rather cookie-cutter. I suppose that’s the point behind “Evergreen”, I’m just ready for a more radical redesign of these characters myself.

• Like Like x 3