Transformers Digital Stickers and Trading Cards for iOS and Android from Quidd

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 23, 2018.

1. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

If you look up the unreleased Titanium 6" Cosmos that is slightly based on the unreleased Cybertron one - which may have been considered for one of the Universe/Generations lines too but ultimately never came out - I think the design is quite compatible with the Cyberverse/Evergreen designs.

It would be a nice update as the cogtooth shape makes it look rather bad ass and agressive.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    I believe he is referring to the unreleased Titanium Cosmos:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Based on the design for a potential Classics Cosmos:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I really, really like these designs. I hope we get proper mainline figures of these designs on par with the generations line and not just the awful, cheap, toddler-esque figures we\'ve seen so far. I think these are really nicely done modernizations of the G1 designs that also borrows inspiration from the Cybertron games. 

• Like Like x 2
  4. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Autobot Leader and Combiner

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Agreed, but that's not the point we're trying to make. The Transformers franchise has never been like Marvel or DC, we don't have a "mainstream universe" like they do, we have new universes created and explored every few years. Dc and Marvel tell constantly unfolding stories that all take place in one universe that have lasted over many decades. Hasbro revitalized the Transformers brand with Beast Wars because after almost a decade of G1, people were getting tired of it. And at any given time, you could walk into a store and find toys from multiple different continuities at once on the shelves, and pick what you wanted, and ignore the continuity you didn't care for. Making everything G1 seems like a bad idea, because it isolates many other fans of the franchise who don't have that G1 nostaglia (at least in that same way), and that want to see some updates to their favorites versions of certain characters. Hasbro has tried in the past, but they hardly acknowledge those other facets of this franchise at all. They pretty much ignored the Beast Wars 20th Anniversary, despite it bringing the franchise back from the brink of death and despite that it has a large following. Collectors might be a minority of the fanbase, but we are big enough to somewhat cater to, but Hasbro seems to not understand that they have fans of the other shows or comics they created that weren't G1. Plus, having everything looking the same could potentially hurt sales, as many collectors would just get the one version of a character they want, and not care about the other toys of that characters that are sitting there. Same for parents buying for their kids. If this aesthetic carries over to future shows, then it will really be obvious when parents buy a toy for their kid during Cyberverse, then when the new thing comes around, their kid asks for a toy, and they're like "you already have that one", not noticing that it isn't the one they bought before, but it looks pretty much exactly the same anyway. Pretty sure that's also why Hasbro killed off a bunch of fan favorite characters in the '86 movie, because toys weren't selling as well anymore because it was all the same characters kids already had, so they replaced them with new characters and new toys for parents to buy their kids. I feel history might repeat itself here, and after... a year? At least? They will notice a dramatic decline in sales because it's all the same, all trying to get the 80's G1 kid's attention, and ignoring the rest of us almost entirely.
    ...Optimus' "special move" is pointing?...
    There's more of us than you realize. And nothing can get as cartoony/kiddy as G1's animation. And Mini-Cons are cool.
    I meant I never heard of a Cybertron Cosmos, but I think you're probably thinking of what Masktique mentioned:
    Possible Transformers Evergreen Generations Mainline Toys In The Pipeline - Transformers News - TFW2005

• Like Like x 2
  5. Max Tower

Yeah I was talking about that one the only significant difference is the Cybertron one was supposed to have the teeth of the cogs pop out when the cyber key was put in the back. I don't think it got far in development though before being shifted over to the design that didn't have the key mechanism. I get the impression they were channeling the Go Bot Pathfinder & MTMTE (g1 cartoon Cybertron mode) Bumblebee a bit with that too.

6. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Where did you hear that a Cybertron Cosmos was being worked on back then? I've never heard of that in my life.

7. Max Tower

Don't take anything I say as gospel but the way I remember it is it was mentioned at Botcon 2006 Panel conversation If I recall correctly. Also If I recall correctly they considered running the Cybertron line a bit longer and turning it it in part into a repaint brand (as happened with "Robots in Disguise" past 2001) than they did use some of those ideas later in Universe 2.0 instead (Like Vector Prime) - in the Process Cosmos got dropped though was also under consideration in the Universe line *with the key gimmick removed* . I think that Kyde Bloke mentioned it sometime too.
    It does come up sometimes when they mention Cosmos that he originally was going to have that Key gimmick but in most recent time after all the staff changes I guess they forgot and as such it's usually refered to as a toy developed for Classics or Universe 2.0.

Not terribly important it's essentially the same design. The only reason I even recall that there was a Cybertron version (perhaps intended to be to complement ti Galaxy Force Noise Maze) was when that art was shown some years later I emember feeling disapointed that they'd removed the gear spike gimmick along with the key mechanism.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  8. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Interesting. I know Cybertron Landmine has that gimmick of blades rotating out of him (his back wheels), but this is all new to me. Will try to do some research on this. Thanks!

9. Prowl1

Prowl1 Raving Prowl Fanatic

Barricade is an evergreen character now? Since when?

• Like Like x 1
  10. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Since now.

11. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Really dude? Huh. I'll have to look into that thanks. That be cool, I'd start again if they could find a way to reboot it to something special. As I stated somewhere I collected every Transformers comic for a very long 33 years or so, & stopped last Christmas. So well see.

And I had a feeling Hasbro hired someone it's nice to know a possible name. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  12. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  13. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    If you've got the "Line" chat app by "Naver", for Android, you can extract the stickers used (once paid and downloaded) and rename as gif/png files. Then, you've got stickers that can be used in ANY chat app, or shared with chums online.

Currently, there are 3-4 TF themed sticker sets.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    There's some really nice designs there, hopefully they get decent toys later on.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Disappointing everyone with each post! :D

There's a whole bunch WRONG with your statement! :lol  I mean, "Marvel and DC live in only one mainstream universe"? Not even close to accurate! Multiverses are a pretty BIG thing in comics, AND you also have RE-LAUNCHES every few years. These relaunches could be likened to "G2" or "G1.5". They're re-imaginings of the classic characters and origins, all set within a recognizably Batman, Spider-man, etc. universe.

When you say it's a BAD idea to have a consistent character design (i.e. Evergreen), I wonder if you're ever even read a comic! :rolleyes2  Batman has stayed consistent and you can find his merchandise everywhere now. Spider-man hasn't changed in 50 some years!

The fallacy/error in your logic is that the SAME SET OF KIDS are buying every year, and this isn't necessarily true: new kids could be in the market for a Batman toy, and their parents won't tell them "you already have that one!" Another problem in your logic is that each Batman toy is slightly different (i.e. different Bat suits and/or accessories), and that parents aren't necessarily too stupid to notice Afleck Batman looks different from Batman Begins. Kids today DO buy the "same toy" over and over - this is why you see 8 Batman's per wave. :lol  Things have changed - there's simply no market for making every comic book hero and villain when the same 5 are the top sellers (consistently) every quarter. Your suggestion of covering other characters (while logical in the sense of not over-farming your land and rendering it worthless) would be financially disastrous.

And another thing, what makes you think BW deserves so much action and praise? I realize SOME people are fans, but you ever consider there aren't enough? It could be a very local MINORITY OF FANS that wants BW, so demanding it also akin to demanding Hasbro lose their shirts to satisfy your childish whims. Is there broad enough appeal to bring back dinosaur TFs? Well, fans have scooped them up, but what about the rest of the customers? Look at Jurassic World toys and tell me if you think they are selling so damn well that Hasbro needs to make BW characters like Dinobot!

Anyway, history will NOT repeat itself (as you suggest). The reason should be obvious to you: this isn't 1989 or whatever. You're comparing the golden age of toys with today and the comparison simply isn't appropriate or correct. Action figure toys are selling badly overall, and it's not because of Optimus/Bumblebee fatigue (though I would agree that doesn't help matters); it's because of competing technology mediums being more interesting to the core demographic. In other words, tablet games are more fun than collecting Transformers - and if you don't believe kids think that, you may not have noticed how Hasbro is slowly turning into a media/gaming company. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Disappointing everyone with each post! :D

Honestly, the entire goal is to sell digital TFs. I can't believe these stickers are generating any revenue at all. Casuals? Or hardcore fans?

I wouldn't expect any of these stickers to translate into anything. Quite the opposite - I would think strong sticker sales would cancel toys and turn them into future stickers instead! :eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  17. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    There was a leak of two Generations styled packaging (one Deluxe and one Voyager) featuring artwork from Evergreen. No sound came after that, but the leaker is pretty legit and is spot on so far with his content.
    Possible Transformers Evergreen Generations Mainline Toys In The Pipeline - Transformers News - TFW2005

• Like Like x 2
  18. Max Tower

I hope these stickers are not that sort of thing you see in gaming where you are expected to keep buying them to try and get some rare one.

That would be rather morally dubious for something aimed at kids.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  20. RodimusSupreme

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Didn't even bother to read this whole thing because of how much of an A-hole you decided to be. DC and Marvel DO focus mostly on 1 particular universe, their "mainstream universe". If you don't like facts, butthole, go take the attitude somewhere else and don't make yourself look like a butt in a public chat.

• Like Like x 1