Transformers Digital Stickers and Trading Cards for iOS and Android from Quidd

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, May 23, 2018.

1. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

I think Hasbro just genuinely doesn't understand that there's a market for other stuff and saying "You always like this chocolate ice cream! What do you mean you'd caramel instead?"

I'm well aware, I chose those designs because I like them and Animated Hotshot is based on all three UT Hotshots and RID Hotshot and has never had a toy, so I'd really like that design to be saved from the pile of non-toy characters. I also don't really see what point you're making, I could respond with the same point to anyone asking for an update of any other Optimus Prime "But he's just based on G1 Optimus".

• Like Like x 3
  2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  3. f90happy

f90happy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    005CzrXlgy1frp57xo7y0j30sg0c6gqh.jpg 005CzrXlgy1frp3z5wkboj30sg0ifjw9.jpg 005CzrXlgy1frp3z5wkboj30sg0ifjw9.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  4. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy Well-Known Member

Honestly, I find most of these pretty generic and boring but Barricade, Starscream, and Grimlock pretty cool

• Like Like x 3
  5. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Yup, except Beast Wars, that was a continuation inspired by G1; that introduced a lot of new concepts.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Hopefully these carry into future movies!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    Well, G1 Optimus Prime already has decent figures. As a UT fan, I’d like really nice, updated versions of some of my favorite characters, including the individual versions of Hotshot (excluding maybe the Cybertron versions).

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jazz of Staniz

Jazz of Staniz Dean of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Oh that’s what you mean. Sure, I’d certainly like that.

• Like Like x 1
  9. samisham

I agree completely, I want my articulated Armada Optimus and I want it now but I'm just using it as an example of the issues I take with the line of reasoning I was responding to.

• Like Like x 2
  10. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

If they can translate these designs to well-articulated figures, I’m absolutely in. They look great, especially Hound and Soundwave. I’ve been waiting anxiously for a good vehicle mode Soundwave figure for some time. Please, Hastak, pull this off!

• Like Like x 4
  11. Masktique

Masktique #1 Sideways Fan

News Credits:
    An articulated Armada Optimus Prime would be aces. I’m still peeved that we didn’t at least get a remolded POTP Rodimus into Armada OP.

• Like Like x 5
  12. IronMagnus

IronMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is something I'm actually quite happy to see. It looks like they are finally moving Soundwave in the direction of being an LRAD equipped SWAT/Police armored car.

Some recent versions of him have just been a truck with a rocket launcher on top.... but the new panel on his left shoulder (which you can also see still deployed in profile in vehicle mode) looks like an LRAD gun to me:

Google Image Results for LRAD

For those who don't know what LRAD is:
    "The Long Range Acoustic Device (LRAD) is an acoustic hailing device developed by LRAD Corporation to send messages and warning tones over longer distances or at higher volume than normal loudspeakers. LRAD systems are used for long range communications in a variety of applications[1] including as a means of non-lethal, non-kinetic crowd control. They have been called "sonic weapons"."
    Long Range Acoustic Device - Wikipedia

Honestly, if you want to modernize the character and move away from the idea of him being a 'tape deck', this is probably the best possible option. It justifies keeping his name, Soundwave, whereas a Stealth Fighter or Satellite really doesn't.

Hmmm... I wonder if anyone has made an LRAD gun on Shapeways for the RID version of him...

Last edited: May 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  13. theosteve

theosteve Well-Known Member

I assumed it was some sort of radar or communications transmitter/receiver. Interesting about the LRAD possibility. Either way, it definitely works for the character.

• Like Like x 2
  14. RodimusSupreme

RodimusSupreme Banned

Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Those were labelled "reboot". And I'm pretty sure when a reboot does happen in other franchises, it's labelled a "reboot".
    Cyberverse bases their designs on Evergreen designs.
    I'm worried that this will possibly hurt toy sales, because if everything is the same design, then collectors and parents will grab one of a character and not bother with any others toys of that character because they're all the same. It might not do anything at first, but after a year, it might start to become noticable.
    :eek:  QUICK!! DISAGREE ABOUT SOMETHING SO THE UNIVERSE DOESN'T IMPLODE!!! ;) 
    I don't see how it could get any more G1...
    They're not bringing them into the G1 mythos, they're using them for generic marketing purposes and potentially the Cyberverse cartoon, which is still it's own universe.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I have felt this way for years. Iconic characters become stronger through repetition and reinterpretation. For years Hasbro were essentially destroying their intellectual property with forgettable nameslap characters that shared zero DNA with their originals. When they could've been building them up, distilling the key attitudes, characteristics and design elements that would define who was who.

I'm not against new characters, but they really do have to justify their existence if they're going to be something more than throwaway. I like new characters that are unique, conceptually strong, and aptly named.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Is this the next main line?

Or something aimed at a younger audience?

17. samisham

That's the problem, Hasbro doesn't see a market for anything other than G1, the movies and whatever is current.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  18. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well said!

I'm loving these, it shows real attention to detail.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  19. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I can't really say I agree with any of these. Because the thing is bringing in new characters and elements was a large part of what kept the franchise alive in the first place before the 80's nostalgia kicked in hard and to dismiss all of that would be the same as dismissing what G1 had brought to the table.

Which is another reason why designs like these and the brand reinforcement plan Hasbro is planning is starting to make me extremely worried. It just feels like the brand is heading to a direction where the focus on G1 will be so great to the point of flat out ignoring the non G1 series that did their part of keeping the brand afloat and it'll also make the brand not take as much risk especially when it greatly needs it. Not everyone grew up with G1 so things like this will only start to alienate people who just want to see the series they grew up with get some attention every now and then. That's not a good idea if you're trying to go for the nostalgic route because by the time the G1 nostalgia love will run it's course there won't be any more fans to cater to because of the slap in the face Hasbro gave them for ignoring the non G1 shows.

I do want to be wrong though I really do. I understand why Hasbro's still going for G1 stuff I just wish they'll start put some attention to the other TF shows too eventually and who knows? Perhaps Cyberverse could do that if Slipstream being part of the show is anything to go by.

• Like Like x 4
  20. f90happy

f90happy Well-Known Member

News Credits: