Transformers Devastation

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by danny boy, Jun 13, 2015.

1. xolta

xolta Well-Known Member

ah thanks

2. Dcfan200

Dcfan200 Member

I'm actually finishing the game on PS4.

3. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

Finally found it at good price.

First off, love the CW Devastator insert. Second, the game is actually interesting in hard mode. Went to it immediately. I get killed it two or three shots at times at boss fights. Feels like the Decepticons are actually menacing.

The combat is interesting... it feels like a giant, (i don't know how to express it) quick time game. Dodge with a press of a button then retaliate. Rinse and repeat.

4. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

I purchased the game in a sale on steam. For some reason it seems to be a bit slow, especially when compared to YouTube videos of other people playing it on the PS4.

Does anyone else have frame rate issues with the game on PC? Or is it a Windows 10 thing?

5. FoolishDoomedCreature

FoolishDoomedCreature gottagofast

If anyone wants it, it's on sale again on Steam.

• Like Like x 1
  6. francesco92

francesco92 Well-Known Member

I so want this game to have a sequel

• Like Like x 4
  7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bro, you and me both. A sequel with more features, more playable g1 toon characters, the ability to play as Cons, and the ability to have longer ammo capacity/firefights.
    I'd also like to see them do a game based on the 80s GI Joe toon.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Conran

Conran A Kurt Cobain haircut?

They did hint at a continuation with the ending but after the shitshow Platinum games did with the TMNT game it's sadly unlikely. I'd like to be wrong but the game markets really fickle at the moment and content to just pump out generic shooters and "so edgy" indie games which is ashame.

• Like Like x 3
  9. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Turtles In Manhattan game? Is it really that bad?

I just got it as a free add-on rental from Redbox a few days ago. I tried the first level out, and it seemed pretty fun to be honest. I returned the rental already, but was thinking about buying it. Should I check out more reviews on Youtube first or something?

10. Conran

Conran A Kurt Cobain haircut?

The main issue was a ton of glitches early on in release, going through walls etc. It's likely they did fix it but it got slammed pretty hard. I'd check reviews beforehand like you mentioned as they may of polished it a bit. Rumour was it ended up a rush job after devastation and while normally I ignore rumours the release state from what I heard supports it sadly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lazerface

lazerface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cool. I'll check out some stuff on Youtube before I buy it then. Thanks!

12. IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI The HUGE Predator "Yautja" Fan

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    LINK REMOVED by TFW STAFF

8. No Website Advertising or Personal Ads
    Any posts or threads solely to promote a website or store, Transformers related or not, will be removed. This includes making posts with the intended purpose of promoting your own web endeavors such as review sites. You may place a link in your signature. The more you contribute to threads, the more exposure your site will get. If you wish to share your reviews, please post the entire content in the review here (text, video, pics, etc) for the community to interact with. Links to the source can then be placed at the end of the content. Personal ads looking for roommates, dates or “vote for me in this contest” will also be removed.

I'll admit. Having it downloaded directly to my ps4 is convenient because I won't need to insert the disc but not for $40. Especially when it is much cheaper outside of the PS (Network) Store. I can get the a brand new disc version from Amazon for $18 shipped or used from Gamestop for $10.

Speaking of modern video games based on 80s toys/toons. Here's the closest we've gotten to a 80s based modern GI Joe game. Has anyone played Toy Soldiers: War Chest Hall of Fame Edition?
    upload_2017-9-10_21-10-8.png
    upload_2017-9-10_21-10-22.png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2017
  13. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Link removed by TFW2005 staff
    That has nothing to do with Devastation, so don't advertise your thread here.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Zeke1

Zeke1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And if you click on it just ends with him promoting his youtube channel. So it really is nothing but click bait.

• Like Like x 3
  15. IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI The HUGE Predator "Yautja" Fan

Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What's wrong with that?

THIS:

8. No Website Advertising or Personal Ads
    Any posts or threads solely to promote a website or store, Transformers related or not, will be removed. This includes making posts with the intended purpose of promoting your own web endeavors such as review sites. You may place a link in your signature. The more you contribute to threads, the more exposure your site will get. If you wish to share your reviews, please post the entire content in the review here (text, video, pics, etc) for the community to interact with. Links to the source can then be placed at the end of the content. Personal ads looking for roommates, dates or “vote for me in this contest” will also be removed.

16. Backbeat

Backbeat Well-Known Member

Well it reeks of desperation and is the message board equivalent of being that small child who keeps shouting about random nonsense at a movie theater. Context clues dude... Either make your own thread or stay on topic on this one.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Angry Camaro

Angry Camaro Human Alliance

News Credits:
    I never even finished this game. I regret paying full price for it shortly after it's release. I just wanted to play it so badly and then I got the game and was like "ehhhh okayyyy" After a few casual plays I haven't touched the game since. Now the damn thing is like what? $8 used in like new condition?? Was the game even profitable?

18. PrinceOfSweden

PrinceOfSweden Well-Known Member

How come? It's very faithful to G1 and the gameplay is satisfying. I only grew tired of it after like 10 runs. Of course I don't care about stuff like playing online and scores, actually I don't like games at all.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Everything.

I finished the game recently...finally but was very underwhelmed with the hack and slash nature of the game. Ranged guns are just minimally more than pointless. There's plenty of decepticons around and...only 5 autobots....what?
    The ending begged for a sequel and we Will seemingly never get it...

20. The Smirker

The Smirker I Hate Sam Darnold

Titans Return sequel it is.