Transformers Devastation

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by danny boy, Jun 13, 2015.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

So I discover that I can equip different weapons to the Transformers and what's the first thing I end up doing? Giving Wheeljack swords to make him more like his Prime counterpart.

I also gave Bumblebee some weapons which are kind of like his Animated counterpart's stinger weapons. And I gave Optimus an Electric Hammer which if I had Ultra Magnus as a playable character I would of given to him instead but for now Optimus is holding the Magnus Hammer.

2. thetransgirl

thetransgirl Adorable Mini-Con

Wow! This looks great! I would love to see a new G1 cartoon in this style. I feel like I'm watching the cartoon all over again.

3. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    which challenge pits black optimus against the autobots?

4. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    Challenge 14--you fight each of the autobots one at a time. You can use any character, so just choose Optimus with the Nemesis Prime skin.

There's also another challenge where you face the autobots two at a time, but I forget what number it is.

5. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    You are right. It is only available to those who downloaded it when it was available. Even if you delete the game, it should still be available in your download list so you you can re-download it if needed. But no new customers can buy it. This is the same deal with other early 90s Konami arcade titles on PSN including Simpsons The Arcade Game and XMEN (the arcade game based off 1992's Pryde of The XMen animated pilot episode)

6. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

So I just downloaded the Skin pack for my PS3.... and nothing. Am I missing an extra step? I've downloaded the 3 skins a couple of times, but cannot access the weapons or skins.

Disclaimer: I'm not a gamer and mostly use my ps3 for netflix.

7. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Are you cycling all the way through because in order to select the skins you got to cycle through to them like you're selecting a different character. You change characters with the L2 and R2 buttons. Though you can't change characters until you pretty much go through the tutorial level and it forces you to go to the Ark. It's also there where you can change up weapons by selecting the weapon slot and then you can equip weapons set with the control pad arrows since that's how you change them.

Also quick note about the chips you equip to the Transformers. Don't equip the "All In" chip unless you're confident you won't need to heal since the chip gives you more attack power but as a trade-off you can't heal.

8. Alpha_&_Omega

Yeah, I've had the game a while and just beat it on prime last night. After a live chat with PS3 tech support, the problem is that I have a region 2 disc.

Does anyone know if a region free (ALL) will work with US DLC codes?

Update: bought a all region copy off ebay, it works withe tbe skins, but now I have to resart from the begining, which sux. Amd I just beat it on prime too.

9. rob_charb

rob_charb Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The way I understand it is games are region free, but DLC is region-locked with the Playstation. So a disc from any region can be played anywhere, but you can only use the DLC from the disc's region. I ran into this issue with Skyrim. Disc was region 1, but I live in Taiwan so the DLC on the Taiwan PSN wouldn't work with the game.

10. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want a sequel !

11. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. Alpha_&_Omega

Hells yes!

13. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whoa- the narrator sounds like a speak and spell.

*10 minutes in*

Oh man, this is starting to get really painful.

Optimus sounds like Poochie.

Love the narrator telling us useless info that we can see happening on-screen.

My god the dialogue is bad. Real bad. LOL @ Megatron calling the bots Idiots. I've never seen Optimus act this dumb.

"A FUUULL. . . . . . welcome!" LOL!! LOL!!

Wow the cutscenes are bad! I was hoping they'd show some gameplay though. Could still be good in that dept.

14. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can only imagine if it had professional voice actors and g1 actors at that. WOW, more people would probably love this game I think. The bad English , voice acting, ect is a real turn off for many.

15. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Then again, even the real G1 voice actors couldn't save such gems as "Carnage in C-Minor" or "B.O.T." Sometimes bad writing is just bad writing. :) 

16. Alpha_&_Omega

Has anyone encountered an error where they could not purchase or acquire either repair kit S or L? If I try to buy them, it will deduct credits, but my inventory will remain at zero. If I pick one up during game play, it will not show in my inventory. WTF?

17. AnonymousDwell

AnonymousDwell Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Wheeljack and Jazz... they're BOTH transFORMers."

18. koonfasa

koonfasa Well-Known Member

Got this recently and have been enjoying it.

Just started synthesising weapons. Are the perks that come with some weapons always active or do you have to be using the weapon it's attached to? Specifically I'm asking about the rare/weapons/energy/cash drop bonuses you can get.

And if you packed different drop perks wouldn't they essentially cancel out? Increasing the chance for one drop would decrease the other drops, no?

Best bits so far are fights with the paired constructicons. And transforming.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  19. ChromeMagnus

News Credits:
    We definitely need a sequel with more characters and the ability to play as Decepticons and flying characters. Also higher ammo capacity for ranged weapons (guns) so the player can engage in g1 toon style firefights much longer.

20. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    Yes. From what I have read online it is common. It basically happens when your item inventory is deemed too full. Most recommendations said eat you capsules (that helped me).