Transformers Dark of the Moon The Game - Release Details

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Tony_Bacala

Tony_Bacala Car Robots Professional Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
  2. MadCatTonton

MadCatTonton MCTT The Magnificent

Might get the Wii version...will see what the reviews say.

3. CATALYST_PRIME

CATALYST_PRIME Elite Guard Scout Sniper

I just checked my local walmart and they didnt even have the games there any of them for that matter I assume it will come out tomorrow or something becuase of f****** DUke Nukem

4. Optimatron

Optimatron Autobot

my local gamestop has the game, but I can only purchase it from Target because I'm poor at the moment and only have gift cards. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I just bought the Xbox 360 version from Game Stop. I asked if the release date had been pushed back to tomorrow, and the guy said "No, we've got 'em," and had a whole bunch behind the counter.

6. deadman323

deadman323 Droidcepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any store exclusives?

7. itMFtis

itMFtis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Gamestop: Sideswipe

Amazon: Ratchet, who may or may not be unlockable through story mode. No one has confirmed that I know of.

Both are for multiplayer use only.

8. deadman323

deadman323 Droidcepticon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow only those two?

9. JangoZilla

JangoZilla Member

My local Gamestop has them in. 8)

I'll see if I can get one tonite.

10. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    so is it in stores today or what?

11. BladeKnight7D

BladeKnight7D Member

News Credits:
    Here in CA, They have copies, Just picked up my 2. Yes!! Gonna be a glorious day!!

12. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    WOOT! Yeah!

13. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    hopefully someone can post some screencaps of the gameplay and characters in it :) 

14. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

ok, i guess it takes weekls till my local shops have it.

15. crazyfist1979

crazyfist1979 Active Member

News Credits:
    Bought the Wii version at Gamestop

I don't know...i'm not really a gamer at all. The only games i have are transfomers games. I only have PS2 and Wii. My wife insisted we get a Wii. i thought it'd be fun so she and i could play Wii sports together. Anyways...i just don't want to play big bucks for PS3 or XBOX since i don't play games all that much. But i must say...Wii definitely gets the worst games sometimes. ROTF sucked, Cybertron Adventures sucked and now so does DOTM for Wii. I know you're all saying why bother wasting money on them...don't buy them...etc. I know...i just love transfomers....but i know...if you love transformers, buy a PS3 or XBOX.

Anyways...to the point of this. The game is completely a vehicle only game. You switch back and for between car and stealth mode (hence the name Stealth Force Edition). There is a story mode and a co-op mode. After you beat missions you can go back and play them in the mission mode. You get to play as 4 Autobots (Bumblebee, Optimus, Mirage, and Ironhide), 4 Decepticons (Lockdown, Crowbar, Megatron, and Soundwave). I've only played about 6 levels so far.

When you choose story mode, you practice first with Mirage (he has an Italian accent). Wheeljack is in the game but you only hear him talk (so far). He sounds like Perceptor from the G1 cartoon series. Then, on to the game. You start the real mission with Bumblebee. You cannot choose you character. Each character is chosen for what ever mission they're suited for. Also, there are no campaigns. As you play, the story switches back and forth from Autobot to Decepticon point of view. Other characters include Stratosphere from the ROTF toy line.

In most missions, you must race around and destroy enemies and collect Energon and Stealth points so you don't die or run out of missiles. These items generate quickly throughout the mission. The missions are small and some offer timed races where you have to collect items before time runs out. So far there is a desert mission and a Detroit city mission. It looks like there is a Siberian Snow mission (i haven't finished the game yet).

The voices of the characters are good. Peter Cullen does Prime of course. The music sounds like the music from the PS2 and Wii versions of ROTF.

Graphics aren't that good. The Sound effects aren't that good either, especially the sound the missiles make when you shoot them. The animated cinema scenes in between missions...well. They are drawings of the characters that don't really move, maybe an arm raises or a head turns. There is no CGI animation at all.

The game gets really repetitive and as far as i can tell so far, there are no unlockables or awards. I haven't played co-op yet, probably wait till my wife gets home from work to try that. Control is okay, except when you're in Stealth mode. You're slower and it's harder to turn around. You'll need a nunchuck with you Wii Remote.

Overall, not worth $49.99...wait for it to get to the discount bin or used section. I just don't understand why the Wii gets the crappy versions. Maybe i'll get a PS3 one day to get the better versions. If you like race car games or games like Twisted Metal, then you'll probably like this. On a positive note, the Wii version comes with a Stealth Force Mini-Bumblebee figurine. So, you can still have fun with the toy after you've given up on the game.

16. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    Wow a great review. I enjoy the Wii, but I own a PS3 and an Xbox360. and yeah I don't understand why the wii gets diff. games. I dont know why they don't make the game the same as the PS3 or 360 just with diff. graphics of coarse. Anyway I have seen PS3 and the older version of the Xbox360 (not the slim) for sale for like 100$ sometimes online from Ebay and stuff. So if you ever want the better games try looking for those sales sometimes.

17. Guneagle01

Guneagle01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i'll probably rent it

18. optimo primo

optimo primo Member

I got mine for the 360 an hour ago

19. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    But is it any good? Is it a lot like WFC? I'd be ok with that.

20. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    It's pretty much WFC with movie skins.