"Transformers: Dark of the Moon" Information Control.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by protocida, Feb 23, 2011.

1. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In this thread, we'll catalogue all information reguarding the Plot of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, dividing it between Confirmed Info and Rumored Info. Here's the most of what has been release. If I forgot anything, please remind me so I or a mod can add to the list. That way, people will know where to look when searching for info on the movie.

Confirmed:

In 1969, the American government found a Cybertronian spacecraft on the Moon. The Apollo 11 space mission - formed by Austronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin - was sent to investigate the spacecraft before the Soviet Union and found the body of Optimus Prime's mentor Sentinel Prime in Stasis Lock inside it.

Today, the Autobots led by Optimus Prime and formed by Bumblebee, Ratchet, Ironhide, Wheelie, Sideswipe, Leadfoot, Topspin, Roadbuster, Silverbolt, The Mercedes-Benz E550 (Rumored to be Wheeljack) and the Ferrari 458 Italia (Rumored to be Hot Rod) and have become public figures. They still work alongside General Morshower, Major William Lennox, Staff Sargeant Robert Epps and NEST hunting down Decepticons, but the public does not trust them and believes them to be responsible for all the destruction caused by the Decepticons. At one point, Optimus will attend to a Senate hearing that'll decide if the Autobots will continue being aided by the government. It will be decided that they won't.

Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf) has graduated college and gets his first job. His boss, Bruce Brassos (John Malkovich), is a very odd man. Sam's relationship with Mikaela Banes (Megan Fox) has ended and he is now dating Carly (Rosie Huntington-Whiteley), the secretary of Dylan (Patrick Dempsey), a billionaire with a large colection of NASCAR race cars. His parents, Ron (Kevin Dunn) and Judy (Julie White) will appear again.

Seymour Simmons (John Turturro) has become rich by writing books about his experiences as a Sector Seven agent and aiding the Autobots to save the world from the Fallen and has an assistant called Dutch (Alan Tuddyk).

NEST recruits a veteran soldier called Hardcore Eddie (Lester Speight) to their ranks. He served alongside Epps' father and becomes a mentor for Epps. It is believed that they'll recruit the new comic relief character (Ken Jeong) as well.

The remaining Decepticons on Earth - Megatron, Starscream and Soundwave - are hidden in Africa, planning to avenge their fallen soldiers and get revenge against the Autobots and the humans for defeating them. Megatron has been forced to adopt an Earth Alt-Mode as a fuel truck, hiding the injuries sustained in the hands of Optimus Prime with a cloak and having been driven completelly insane. He summons Shockwave, who has taken over Cybertron in Megatron's absence, who rallies the Decepticon armies and invades Earth with full force.

Shockwave - who transforms into a Cybertronian tank - plans to overthrow Megatron and take over the Universe by himself. His plans are connected to the Cybertronian spacecraft on the Moon, that contains a very powerful energy source that could replace Energon as the Cybertronians' lifeblood. Along with him, come to Earth Laserbeak, the Dreads and an army of Decepticon protoforms and clones.

Sam, Carly, Simmons, Dutch, Dylan and NEST eventually join the Autobots in their battle against the Decepticons, with the National Security Agency, led by Marissa Fairborne (Frances McDormand) also playing a role. It all leads to a vicious final battle in Chicago, with the city completelly taken over by Decepticons while the Autobots and a few remaining NEST soldiers representing Earth's last hope for survival.

In hopes of defeating the Decepticons, Optimus Prime, Ironhide and Lennox part in a journey to find the Cybertronian spacecraft. This journey includes a passage by Russia and a meeting with Armstrong and Aldrin. They succeed, because, at one point, Sentinel Prime comes to Earth and aids the Autobots fighting the Decepticons by giving them MechTech upgrades. Including a battle armor to Optimus Prime that allows him to fly. The spare parts are held in his truck.

Rumored:

Starscream manipulates Soundwave to summon Shockwave in hopes that Megatron and Shockwave will destroy eachother and allow him to take over the Decepticons.

The Wreckers are real NASCAR race cars weaponized by Dylan. They don't transform.

Wheelie and Wheeljack are friends.

There are two new Autobot drones who transform into two Chevy Sparks. They were initially believed to be retooled versions of Skids and Mudflap.

Bumblebee disguises himself as an old Datsun to evade the Decepticons.

Dylan is a Pretender and is destroyed by Sam with a power glove after betraying the Autobots and the entire human race.

Silverbolt transforms into a Cybertronian jet.

Blitzwing is in the movie.

Ironhide fights the four Dreads alone.

There's an action scene set in a abandoned nuclear power plant in Russia.

There's an action set set at a NASA base.

Simmons is crippled as the result of an attack by Laserbeak in Ukraine.

The Cybertronian spacecraft is the Ark, which is also the Alt-Mode of Omega Supreme, that eventually comes to Earth and adopts the Alt-Mode of the Discovery space shuttle.

Ratchet, Ironhide, Epps and/or Hardcore Eddie die.

A Decepticon drills trough the Earth and attempts to destroy the foundations of a building where Sam and Carly are in. Bumblebee fights him.

Starscream is killed by Hardcore Eddie.

Optimus Prime and Megatron have their final battle. Likewise, Sentinel Prime and Shockwave fight. Optimus Prime and Shockwave also fight.

Two Decepticons destroy a small town and murders all of its inhabitants. The Autobots are blamed for the incident.

A NEST team parachutes in the middle of the battleground between the Autobots and the Decepticons.

The Nemesis Decepticon flagship sparheads the Decepticon invasion to Earth.

Shockwave is a more vicious fighter than Megatron.

Barricade returns in a modified version as the Superfund Armored Truck.

2. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    I had not heard that rumor about Barricade!

Awesome that he might return, but I miss his mustang mode. Wouldn't that also mean alot of mass shifting since the armored truck is much larger than his Mustang Police Car?

3. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Pretty much sums things up, but I think you can write off the bit about Bumblebee scanning an old Datsun, we saw him in the teaser as a Camaro, unless he scans twice?

4. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's been assumed that the desguise is a temporary one and he would eventually go back to being a Camaro. Would he have to rescan if he starts the movie with the updated look?

Also, I see a lot in the "confirmed" section that has not been confirmed at all.

5. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

he did that in the first movie

6. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

the story sounds captivating, can't wait for July 1st!

7. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wheeljack and hotrod are not confirmed

8. sonicwing

sonicwing Well-Known Member

Still hoping for a Silverbolt/Starscream dogfight!!!

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    He didn't revert twice, as in have the 76 Camaro, change to the concept Camaro and then go back to the 76 one. One thing is, why don't the other Decepticons do this all the time to be less suspicious?

10. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    watch the Superbowl spot & there is a very subtle hint of either Topspin or Roadbuster in robot mode

11. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Where did you get the hotrod crap? He was never confirmed. Wheeljack wasn't either.

12. Igniting_Prime

Igniting_Prime Igniting The Battle

News Credits:
    Where and what part? I never saw this

13. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I think the dead robot in those 10 frames of optimus flying in. Theres one next to ratchet that doesn't look like a decepticon drone.

14. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack was. Hot Rod wasn't, but he's who the Ferrari is rumored to be, hence the " ".

15. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    look right across from Ratchet at something in the foreground of the firetruck in this part:

[​IMG]

while watching the Superbowl spot, you will see something move from right to left that kinda seems similar to Roadbuster's missile launchers as shown below or possibly Topsin's shoulders as shown below:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Igniting_Prime

Igniting_Prime Igniting The Battle

News Credits:
    Oh wow, of all the speculations I never once heard that one. Nice speculating!
    Even if that is him dead on ground I dont care, because at least that means they without have Bot modes. I'd be very dissapointed if the wreckers in the movie were just cars and didn't transform

17. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Where was Wheeljack confirmed?!

18. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

awesome stuff!! :D  love how everythings all together, makes thinking easier :D :D 

19. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

wheeljack was never confirmed, everyone just thinks the einstein bot is him

20. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    The Wreckers are real NASCAR race cars weaponized by Dylan. They don't transform.

That can't be right I though they were in robot mode at the toy fair no way wreckers have robot modes, I mean a voice actor is already voicing one of them.