Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D Problems

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Doomofman, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Doomofman

Doomofman Suck my popsicle!

News Credits:
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon Having 3-D Trouble

Anybody actually surprised?

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Nope.

Shakycam was bound to bite someone in the butt eventually.

3. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    yeah really.

I think i'll see it in 2D first.

4. Regressor

Regressor Well-Known Member

About what? iesb pulling a story out of their ass? Don't stuff like that happen all the time?

Tell that to academy award voters.

5. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'd hoped the 3D would encourage Bay to moderate some of his ADHD camerawork, and compose his shots better, but perhaps that hasn't been the case.

Though to be perfectly honest, this is exactly what dailies are for. They shouldn't be just finding out now. You have people reviewing each day's footage to make sure there's no camera or continuity problem so you can catch these things early, before you've spent a lot of money on stuff that has to be redone.

In all likelihood, this is probably always going to happen to some extent with 3D. If Avatar needed 3D conversion on a few scenes, you can bet some of it was probably correction.

Insofar as 3D comes into the storytelling process, for narrative purposes they may want to change the point of convergence in some scenes. Some scenes you really want to push it so the 3D is 'comin at ya', but others you may want to tone down, or go deep for dramatic effect. Some of it probably comes up in the editing, where they may not want too much of a 'pop' between one scene and the next. They've been doing that sort of thing already in movies where the colour has to be adjusted slightly from scene to scene, both for artistic effect, and to improve the flow.

There may be a story here, or it may be more like how not every scene in a movie is shot with sound, and of those that are, there's usually some scenes where they need to get the actors to come back and re-dub their lines in a recording studio.

6. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Comicbookmovie is the one to be suspicious of. If they were the ones reporting on this, I wouldn’t even bother to read it. They willingly report on rumours obtained from IMDB and Wikipedia. To be fair to IESB, they have been correct a few times in the past. However, I also know of at least two other occasions when they were completely wrong. So who knows?

7. Regressor

Regressor Well-Known Member

In fact just in the other thread there was a link to a rating classification for a 2m 25s long 3D trailer.

The 3D footage looks like shit but they've edited together a 2:25 trailer in 3D?

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Old news, people.

Even on AVATAR, some stuff had to be shot 2D and post converted. No story here.